Zone1 What Is Christian Nationalism?

Do you feel the same way about Israel? They are Jewish Nationalists. Are they not treating non-Jews as “second class citizens”? It’s a nation defined by its religion first and foremost.

Most Middle Eastern countries are “Islamic countries”, whose laws are dictated by the Quran and Sharia Law. Are Islamists “scary” as well? They treat non-Muslims as second class citizens. Are these people good or bad?

Black Nationalism, Christian Nationalism, White Nationalism, Zionism, German Nationalism all stink.

You don't know any Muslims and you've never lived in any Arab country .

Black Nationalism, Christian Nationalism, White Nationalism, Zionism, German Nationalism all stink.

You don't know any Muslims and you've never lived in any Arab country .
Why would I need to know any Muslims to come to any conclusions about Islam? The ideology is open about their beliefs. We don’t need any secret insider knowledge.

Sounds like you don’t know any Christian nationalists.

Why would I need to know any Muslims to come to any conclusions about Islam? The ideology is open about their beliefs. We don’t need any secret insider knowledge.

Sounds like you don’t know any Christian nationalists.
Stop it, theHawk. Muslims are as different in belief about Islam as Christians are about their religion of The Crucified God. Muslims are no more monolithic than are Christians in belief. Start standing up and take responsibility for what you write.

Washington was a Freemason and Adams was a Unitarian. Neither one of them believed in the divinity of Jesus Christ, original sin or the concept that God is three in one, then one part of him came to earth, preached for a while and got himself dead and buried, three days later he rose from the dead and ascended back to heaven. No, our first two presidents did not believe in any of that what Jefferson called Hocus Pocus.

Bottom line our first four presidents were not Christians.
Christianity has been around 2000 years and the US is only 300.

In a letter dated December 8, 1822, Thomas Jefferson referred to the Christian God as a hocus-pocus phantasm of a God like another Cerberus, with one body and three heads, [which] had its birth and growth in the blood of thousands and thousands of martyrs.” His views on religion were complex, and he often expressed skepticism about certain theological aspects.

I think I agree with alot with Christian Nationalism. Because I do think it should be a Christian Nation and guided by principles of Christianity in politics and in society.
That's right! Jesus said "My Kingdom IS part of this World, so seize earthly political power and lord over and dominate everybody else!"

That's right! Jesus said "My Kingdom IS part of this World, so seize earthly political power and lord over and dominate everybody else!"
There is much more which Jesus said. There are Christians who do reject all earthly possessions, but not all Christians. Some have another theology. There is much more in the Scriptures and Christian Traditions. I doubt you know really the truth, or you are interested. Or you read the Church Fathers, you quote one sentence from the Bible, without putting it into the whole perspective.

Do you feel the same way about Israel? They are Jewish Nationalists. Are they not treating non-Jews as “second class citizens”? It’s a nation defined by its religion first and foremost.

Most Middle Eastern countries are “Islamic countries”, whose laws are dictated by the Quran and Sharia Law. Are Islamists “scary” as well? They treat non-Muslims as second class citizens. Are these people good or bad?

Read about perceived threats....

Right-wing populism, also called national populism and right-wing nationalism, is a political ideology that combines right-wing politics with populist rhetoric and themes. Its rhetoric employs anti-elitist sentiments, opposition to the Establishment, and speaking to or for the "common people".

Snip

Frequently, they aim to defend a national culture, identity, and economy against perceived attacks by outsiders.[6] Right-wing populism has remained the dominant political force in the Republican Party in the United States since the 2010s.

Read about perceived threats....

Right-wing populism, also called national populism and right-wing nationalism, is a political ideology that combines right-wing politics with populist rhetoric and themes. Its rhetoric employs anti-elitist sentiments, opposition to the Establishment, and speaking to or for the "common people".

Snip

Frequently, they aim to defend a national culture, identity, and economy against perceived attacks by outsiders.[6] Right-wing populism has remained the dominant political force in the Republican Party in the United States since the 2010s.
And?

What is your point?

Nationalism is not included in the gospel. Reaching all with the gospel is said, and it is not just those human, it's said even said for every creature so all should have positive effect to them with reaching any with the gospel, it should be with love. This is not exclusive like nationalism is. The state itself is a foreign entity to the Christian gospel.

In a letter dated December 8, 1822, Thomas Jefferson referred to the Christian God as a hocus-pocus phantasm of a God like another Cerberus, with one body and three heads, [which] had its birth and growth in the blood of thousands and thousands of martyrs.” His views on religion were complex, and he often expressed skepticism about certain theological aspects.
Is that entirely true? Are you certain he didn't refer to something else?

Jefferson called the Athanasian Creed a “hocus-pocus phantasm of a god like another Cerberus, with one body and three heads” which “had its birth and growth in the blood of thousands and thousands of martyrs.”

You do realize that not only did Jefferson believe in a Supreme Being, Jefferson also believed that we have a duty to the Supreme Being. I don't see a lot of difference between that belief and Christianity.

Forum List

Back