Is homosexuality a biological construct?

IndependantAce

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2014
Historically I believe that homosexuality was typically considered a social construct, in which any person had the potential to develop gay attractions if in the right situation (ex. prison inmates having gay relations due to isolation from women).

It seems like only in recent times has homosexuality been touted as a biological construct and an "identity" put on the same level as sex and race.

I'm wondering what exactly sparked all of this hubub; as there's definitely no conclusive evidence that homosexuality is "genetic" or that people are "born that way" despite activist claims.

The basis for calling criticism of homosexuality "hate speech" seems to be based on the narrative that homosexuality is biological and generic, and therefore the equivalent of attacking people for things they can't control like their race (as opposed to merely critiquing their behavior). I see a lot of flaws in this idea.

No. It's a Societal Destruct.

Isn't there a Freakazoids forum for this crap someplace rather than 'Politics'?

Last edited:
What flaws ? You can have hate speech for things like religion . Which has nothing to do with biology .

It is a naturally occurring anamoly. Normally benign until the anamoly is accepted as normal.

Can't it be both ?
Can you prove both stupid?

Yes, u ass !

We've all grown up with kids who everyone knew where going to be gay, even at a young age .

But there's also people we know who've "exterminated " wh homosexuality .

It's totally plausible that in can be biological and social driven.

Years ago fat chicks were considerd hot . Now it's skinny . Did biology change ?

Historically I believe that homosexuality was typically considered a social construct, in which any person had the potential to develop gay attractions if in the right situation (ex. prison inmates having gay relations due to isolation from women).

It seems like only in recent times has homosexuality been touted as a biological construct and an "identity" put on the same level as sex and race.

I'm wondering what exactly sparked all of this hubub; as there's definitely no conclusive evidence that homosexuality is "genetic" or that people are "born that way" despite activist claims.

I've seen kids that I knew were gay. Why would they decide to be gay if their body is telling them something different.

Having sex with someone of the same sex doesn't make you a homosexual.

Maybe such people were gay, and repressed, maybe they were bi-sexual, maybe they were just desperate for a hole and could close their eyes and pretend.

Can't it be both ?

Yes, u ass !

We've all grown up with kids who everyone knew where going to be gay, even at a young age .

Years ago fat chicks were considerd hot . Now it's skinny . Did biology change ?
Post a link to genetic PROOF homo.

It really all depends. If you're a woman, then homosexuality is a common sense construct. if you're a man, homosexuality is fucking retarded.

It really all depends. If you're a woman, then homosexuality is a common sense construct. if you're a man, homosexuality is fucking retarded.

Based on the fact that a man likes watching two women have sex, but doesn't like the thought of a man having sex with him.

Can't it be both ?

Yes, u ass !

There are plenty of emotions and instincts in life that we don't have proof links for... yet we know they exist. Love and hate are amoungst the top two. You can't genetically prove you are straight so why should gays genetically prove they are gay? I've had enough conversations with gay people who I love and trust and respect to know that it's their nature and not their simple choice. That's all the proof I need.

Perhaps it's natures way of controlling the population. The real question is, why do you even care what others do?

I think people are just hardwired to seek out sex...period. Whether you are homo or hetero probably has a bit to do with genes and a lot to do with your environment (hence why you see a lot of prison inmates having gay sex).

Can't it be both ?

Yes, u ass !

There are plenty of emotions and instincts in life that we don't have proof links for... yet we know they exist. Love and hate are amoungst the top two. You can't genetically prove you are straight so why should gays genetically prove they are gay? I've had enough conversations with gay people who I love and trust and respect to know that it's their nature and not their simple choice. That's all the proof I need.

Perhaps it's natures way of controlling the population. The real question is, why do you even care what others do?
Its not an issue of caring because I don't. Its an issue of these lying mother f#ckers who get on the net and say there is proof.

Forum List

Back