Is homosexuality a biological construct?

I've had discussions with many homosexuals over the years and they all have one thing in common, they have an alternative view of the world and have a contrary way of thinking. Like who says the square peg goes into the square hole? Sexuality is a manifestation of who we are as people. Some power mad freak is going to act out in the bedroom. A wall flower will be passive, etc. Homosexuality is just a manifestation of going against the grain way of thinking.

So no, it isn't something you are predestined to at birth. It's your environment and how you deal with it as an individual. No one is predestined to be a power freak or wallflower.

The basis for calling criticism of homosexuality "hate speech" seems to be based on the narrative that homosexuality is biological and generic, and therefore the equivalent of attacking people for things they can't control like their race (as opposed to merely critiquing their behavior). I see a lot of flaws in this idea.

Generic? Does that cost less but have the same ingredients as "genetic"?

I've seen you post in two threads. Both about homosexuality.

You want to tell us something?

We have a few people here who cannot stop talking about all things gay. You can join them and all of you can continue this experiment together.

Obviously it's a natural process. There have always been a percentage of people born this way and there always will be. We don't understand why that is the case, it's purpose, or through what process it develops. It exists in every culture on every continent throughout time.

Social constucts dictate the level of acceptance in a given society but never drive who becomes gay. In more open societies in different time periods, gay people go about their lives relatively unfettered by others. During these times the world has not seen a significant increase in the amount of people identifying as homosexual. More may feel free to be out and open about it but their numbers aren't growing like you would expect if homosexuality were simply a societal construct.

On the flip side, when society does not support homosexuals and even persecutes them, we see that they still exist. If it were choice, why would someone risk being stoned or thrown from a roof for it? Obviously they don't. It's just who they are by nature.

It is a naturally occurring anamoly. Normally benign until the anamoly is accepted as normal.

It's interesting, I did the math, if you flip the demographics, and instead of 90% + being hetro, and made that Population (and all future generations) 90% homosexual, the population of human beings in the United States would be zero within 11 generations.

That's also giving those populations every benefit. Each hetro female having 4 children and no hetro female dies before they too had 4 children.

It was actually a chilling excersize.

You are really in love with that idiocy aren't you?

It's all in the math.

As far as our species in concerned, heterosexually is ultimately important and homosexuality is a dead end street.

Then bring back polygamy if you're so concerned that the human race is dying off.

btw, is the human race dying off?

It is a naturally occurring anamoly. Normally benign until the anamoly is accepted as normal.

It's interesting, I did the math, if you flip the demographics, and instead of 90% + being hetro, and made that Population (and all future generations) 90% homosexual, the population of human beings in the United States would be zero within 11 generations.

That's also giving those populations every benefit. Each hetro female having 4 children and no hetro female dies before they too had 4 children.

It was actually a chilling excersize.

You are really in love with that idiocy aren't you?

It's all in the math.

As far as our species in concerned, heterosexually is ultimately important and homosexuality is a dead end street.

Seven billion people and counting. We could use some dead end streets around here.

Historically I believe that homosexuality was typically considered a social construct, in which any person had the potential to develop gay attractions if in the right situation (ex. prison inmates having gay relations due to isolation from women).

It seems like only in recent times has homosexuality been touted as a biological construct and an "identity" put on the same level as sex and race.

I'm wondering what exactly sparked all of this hubub; as there's definitely no conclusive evidence that homosexuality is "genetic" or that people are "born that way" despite activist claims.
My guess - and that's all that we have, any of us - is that it is, for the most part, a regularly-occurring psychological/biological/physiological/genetic (somewhere in there) misfire. Having grown up in the San Francisco Bay Area, I guess I've had plenty of opportunity for observation, and that's the best I can come up with. I must admit, though, that I haven't bothered to give it a great deal of thought.

If some people want to take the term "regularly-occurring" and say that means "normal" - meh, okay, I can see that.

What I'm not quite sure I understand is why this is such a hot topic in the grand scheme of things. And I guess my biggest question is why some people get so angry - and even violent - about it.

Obviously it's a natural process. There have always been a percentage of people born this way and there always will be. We don't understand why that is the case, it's purpose, or through what process it develops. It exists in every culture on every continent throughout time.

Social constucts dictate the level of acceptance in a given society but never drive who becomes gay. In more open societies in different time periods, gay people go about their lives relatively unfettered by others. During these times the world has not seen a significant increase in the amount of people identifying as homosexual. More may feel free to be out and open about it but their numbers aren't growing like you would expect if homosexuality were simply a societal construct.

On the flip side, when society does not support homosexuals and even persecutes them, we see that they still exist. If it were choice, why would someone risk being stoned or thrown from a roof for it? Obviously they don't. It's just who they are by nature.
Obviously you made that up. Nature doesn't work that way. Two heterosexuals don't produce a homosexual, it would be a biological dead end. You have put a belief over science, that's never a good idea. The birds and the bees don't work that way.

What I'm not quite sure I understand is why this is such a hot topic in the grand scheme of things. And I guess my biggest question is why some people get so angry - and even violent - about it.
Like who? Like when you are forced to bake a gay wedding cake against your will? To not understand the political ramifications behind the gay agenda means you are detuned to the political realm around you.

Obviously you made that up. Nature doesn't work that way. Two heterosexuals don't produce a homosexual, it would be a biological dead end. You have put a belief over science, that's never a good idea. The birds and the bees don't work that way.

Afraid you'll catch "the bug" if we become too accepting? :laugh:

I didn't say anything like that so you proved my point. Your brain is fucked up, twisted beyond it's natural state and is incapable of receiving anything that conflicts.

Like who? Like when you are forced to bake a gay wedding cake against your will? To not understand the political ramifications behind the gay agenda means you are detuned to the political realm around you.

What does any of that have to do with whether or not it's naturally occurring?

Historically I believe that homosexuality was typically considered a social construct, in which any person had the potential to develop gay attractions if in the right situation (ex. prison inmates having gay relations due to isolation from women).

It seems like only in recent times has homosexuality been touted as a biological construct and an "identity" put on the same level as sex and race.

I'm wondering what exactly sparked all of this hubub; as there's definitely no conclusive evidence that homosexuality is "genetic" or that people are "born that way" despite activist claims.

It really all depends. If you're a woman, then homosexuality is a common sense construct. if you're a man, homosexuality is fucking retarded.

Sounds like you, the bible and Vivid Video all have the same policy.

I've had discussions with many homosexuals over the years and they all have one thing in common, they have an alternative view of the world and have a contrary way of thinking. Like who says the square peg goes into the square hole? Sexuality is a manifestation of who we are as people. Some power mad freak is going to act out in the bedroom. A wall flower will be passive, etc. Homosexuality is just a manifestation of going against the grain way of thinking.

So no, it isn't something you are predestined to at birth. It's your environment and how you deal with it as an individual. No one is predestined to be a power freak or wallflower.
So every chromosome in every human is exactly the same and there are no variations...?

My guess - and that's all that we have, any of us - is that it is, for the most part, a regularly-occurring psychological/biological/physiological/genetic (somewhere in there) misfire.

I don't know that I would describe it as such. That makes it sound like a determinism that was supposed to happen but didn't. Humans have a latent bisexual potential from our earliest stages of embryonic development. Which makes sense, since gender deviation only occurs at a particular stage along the way. It's more like magnetic fields. Normally the atoms fall into place and align so that the needle points in a specific direction. But the motion of the waves sometimes tosses things around such the needle ends up pointing in a different direction.

The magnet wants what the magnet wants.

I didn't say anything like that so you proved my point. Your brain is fucked up, twisted beyond it's natural state and is incapable of receiving anything that conflicts.

You didn't say much of anything at all. Obviously hetero people have homosexual children.

Regarding the violence, there are straight people who beat up gays because they are gay. As we all know. That, to me, suggests some personal issues that could be pretty fascinating to examine.

Regarding the cake-baking issue, that's cultural/political, it's not about homosexuality directly. The bakers are being forced to do something that they don't want to do. The cake request could be about homosexuality or guns or pedophilia or religion. To not see that suggests that you are de-tuned to the larger picture.

Some people make things political because they are consumed with being political.

What does any of that have to do with whether or not it's naturally occurring?
Everything. How is this a revelation? If people are born with a predetermined sexual outcome, genetic like race, it would fall into equal protections laws, which is exactly what homosexual militants are cramming down our throats. Either get some basic information or quit posting, it's like a toddler interrupting an adult conversation.

You didn't say much of anything at all. Obviously hetero people have homosexual children.
Which means you couldn't see what your brain filtered out. Thanks.

My guess - and that's all that we have, any of us - is that it is, for the most part, a regularly-occurring psychological/biological/physiological/genetic (somewhere in there) misfire.

I don't know that I would describe it as such. That makes it sound like a determinism that was supposed to happen but didn't. Humans have a latent bisexual potential from our earliest stages of embryonic development. Which makes sense, since gender deviation only occurs at a particular stage along the way. It's more like magnetic fields. Normally the atoms fall into place and align so that the needle points in a specific direction. But the motion of the waves sometimes tosses things around such the needle ends up pointing in a different direction.

The magnet wants what the magnet wants.
I agree that the magnet wants what the magnet wants, but that doesn't argue against my point.

It's not terribly difficult to see what our bodies are built to do. There has to be something happening that makes a mind desire what is contrary to their physiology.

Forum List

Back