Is homosexuality a biological construct?

What I'm not quite sure I understand is why this is such a hot topic in the grand scheme of things. And I guess my biggest question is why some people get so angry - and even violent - about it.
Like who? Like when you are forced to bake a gay wedding cake against your will? To not understand the political ramifications behind the gay agenda means you are detuned to the political realm around you.

Like who?

15 Brutal Attacks That Show Anti-LGBT Hate Is Still Very Real

Sounds like you, the bible and Vivid Video all have the same policy.

Actually it's much simpler than that. You and I have the same policy. Women are, well.....glorious. How can I blame you for wanting to hit that shit? Hot woman? You want to get her naked? Seems pretty damn logical to me.

It's the gay men that makes no sense to me. And for that matter, neither do heterosexual women. Why the hell anyone wants an ugly ass dude poking and prodding them, I will never understand. I think it must be a mental illness.

I think it really goes to show that women really aren't as smart as men. Most women. If women were as smart as men, then all women would be lesbians. Of course, that would be sad for me, so thank god for dumb women who like nasty penises!

What I'm not quite sure I understand is why this is such a hot topic in the grand scheme of things. And I guess my biggest question is why some people get so angry - and even violent - about it.
Like who? Like when you are forced to bake a gay wedding cake against your will? To not understand the political ramifications behind the gay agenda means you are detuned to the political realm around you.

Like who?

I don't follow links, lazy bitch.

It's not terribly difficult to see what our bodies are built to do. There has to be something happening that makes a mind desire what is contrary to their physiology.

You're assuming that causal relationships based on correlations. Perhaps sexual orientation develops independently of gender differentiation.

Regarding the violence, there are straight people who beat up gays because they are gay. As we all know. That, to me, suggests some personal issues that could be pretty fascinating to examine.

Regarding the cake-baking issue, that's cultural/political, it's not about homosexuality directly. The bakers are being forced to do something that they don't want to do. The cake request could be about homosexuality or guns or pedophilia or religion. To not see that suggests that you are de-tuned to the larger picture.

Some people make things political because they are consumed with being political.
It's a huge political issue, your ignorance isn't a shortcoming on my part.

It's not terribly difficult to see what our bodies are built to do. There has to be something happening that makes a mind desire what is contrary to their physiology.

You're assuming that causal relationships based on correlations. Perhaps sexual orientation develops independently of gender differentiation.
Sure. That could end up being the case, I dunno. What I've said so far is about as deep as I've taken it, it's just not a terribly important subject to me.

I'm more interested in why some people get violent over it.

What does any of that have to do with whether or not it's naturally occurring?
Everything. How is this a revelation? If people are born with a predetermined sexual outcome, genetic like race, it would fall into equal protections laws, which is exactly what homosexual militants are cramming down our throats. Either get some basic information or quit posting, it's like a toddler interrupting an adult conversation.

Actually, genetics have nothing to do with equal protections laws. Religion is not a choice and yet is protected against discrimination in all 50 states. Take the log out of your eye there, weasel.

What does any of that have to do with whether or not it's naturally occurring?
Everything. How is this a revelation? If people are born with a predetermined sexual outcome, genetic like race, it would fall into equal protections laws, which is exactly what homosexual militants are cramming down our throats. Either get some basic information or quit posting, it's like a toddler interrupting an adult conversation.

Dude, equal protection is already the case. Perhaps you are missing some "basic information". You're a loopholer looking for a way out of what's already done.

Regarding the violence, there are straight people who beat up gays because they are gay. As we all know. That, to me, suggests some personal issues that could be pretty fascinating to examine.

Regarding the cake-baking issue, that's cultural/political, it's not about homosexuality directly. The bakers are being forced to do something that they don't want to do. The cake request could be about homosexuality or guns or pedophilia or religion. To not see that suggests that you are de-tuned to the larger picture.

Some people make things political because they are consumed with being political.
It's a huge political issue, your ignorance isn't a shortcoming on my part.
We make things political. Well, some of us do.

That keeps everything nice and simple. Us vs. them. Not much intellectual effort required.

Obviously it's a natural process. There have always been a percentage of people born this way and there always will be. We don't understand why that is the case, it's purpose, or through what process it develops. It exists in every culture on every continent throughout time.

Social constucts dictate the level of acceptance in a given society but never drive who becomes gay. In more open societies in different time periods, gay people go about their lives relatively unfettered by others. During these times the world has not seen a significant increase in the amount of people identifying as homosexual. More may feel free to be out and open about it but their numbers aren't growing like you would expect if homosexuality were simply a societal construct.

On the flip side, when society does not support homosexuals and even persecutes them, we see that they still exist. If it were choice, why would someone risk being stoned or thrown from a roof for it? Obviously they don't. It's just who they are by nature.
Obviously you made that up. Nature doesn't work that way. Two heterosexuals don't produce a homosexual, it would be a biological dead end. You have put a belief over science, that's never a good idea. The birds and the bees don't work that way.

Afraid you'll catch "the bug" if we become too accepting? :laugh:
I didn't say anything like that so you proved my point. Your brain is fucked up, twisted beyond it's natural state and is incapable of receiving anything that conflicts.

You didn't say much of anything at all. Obviously hetero people have homosexual children.
Which means you couldn't see what your brain filtered out. Thanks.

Your premise that hetero people can't have homosexual children isn't science. It's flawed thinking.

Like who?

I don't follow links, lazy bitch.

You don't follow links and that makes me a "lazy bitch"? Um, okay.

Well, your question of "like who" was answered in the link. You look like a fool regardless of whether you click on the link so my goal was accomplished.

Historically I believe that homosexuality was typically considered a social construct, in which any person had the potential to develop gay attractions if in the right situation (ex. prison inmates having gay relations due to isolation from women).

It seems like only in recent times has homosexuality been touted as a biological construct and an "identity" put on the same level as sex and race.

I'm wondering what exactly sparked all of this hubub; as there's definitely no conclusive evidence that homosexuality is "genetic" or that people are "born that way" despite activist claims.
My guess - and that's all that we have, any of us - is that it is, for the most part, a regularly-occurring psychological/biological/physiological/genetic (somewhere in there) misfire. Having grown up in the San Francisco Bay Area, I guess I've had plenty of opportunity for observation, and that's the best I can come up with. I must admit, though, that I haven't bothered to give it a great deal of thought.

If some people want to take the term "regularly-occurring" and say that means "normal" - meh, okay, I can see that.

Awwwwww. How about that. Mac here doesn't understand why people get angry about it. Mac just doesn't get it. Why would gay people get upset by having their rights trampled on and being treated like less than human by others? It's just so confusing!

If only those gay people could learn to calm down and take their medicine in stride, they could really make their lives better. They might be able to convince those who hate them to begin to have a change of heart! Calm, mature discussion is all that is needed!

By golly, Mac will even grant these "misfires" the kindness of calling themselves "normal". Mac is a real stand-up guy!

Sexuality is simply much more fluid than our puritanical roots have allowed thus far. That is changing. All you gotta do is spend a day in an American High School and you'll recognize that. And the "kids" aren't all that fussed about any of it.

Sure. That could end up being the case, I dunno. What I've said so far is about as deep as I've taken it, it's just not a terribly important subject to me.

People have been getting violent at the "other" since we crawled out of the primordial muck.

People have been getting violent at the "other" since we crawled out of the primordial muck.
But there is something else going on when a person gets angry and violent with someone for no other reason than because they are gay.

One obvious possible answer would be that their own sexuality is somehow being threatened, and that makes them both defensive and physically aggressive. That's a lot of shit going on inside their head, and I just wonder what that mental schematic looks like.

It is a naturally occurring anamoly. Normally benign until the anamoly is accepted as normal.

It's interesting, I did the math, if you flip the demographics, and instead of 90% + being hetro, and made that Population (and all future generations) 90% homosexual, the population of human beings in the United States would be zero within 11 generations.

That's also giving those populations every benefit. Each hetro female having 4 children and no hetro female dies before they too had 4 children.

It was actually a chilling excersize.

You are really in love with that idiocy aren't you?

It's all in the math.

As far as our species in concerned, heterosexually is ultimately important and homosexuality is a dead end street.

Then bring back polygamy if you're so concerned that the human race is dying off.

btw, is the human race dying off?

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

How many more children could a could a woman have, regardless the number of men she's with?

Shows how completely useless to the species homosexuality is.

If it were as dominant sexuality, in percentage, as heterosexuality is now, the species fails in 11 generations.

But there is something else going on when a person gets angry and violent with someone for no other reason than because they are gay.

One obvious possible answer would be that their own sexuality is somehow being threatened, and that makes them both defensive and physically aggressive. That's a lot of shit going on inside their head, and I just wonder what that mental schematic looks like.

Seems reasonable to believe that the self loathing and fear of being found out drives some of the loudest homophobic voices.

It is a naturally occurring anamoly. Normally benign until the anamoly is accepted as normal.

It's interesting, I did the math, if you flip the demographics, and instead of 90% + being hetro, and made that Population (and all future generations) 90% homosexual, the population of human beings in the United States would be zero within 11 generations.

That's also giving those populations every benefit. Each hetro female having 4 children and no hetro female dies before they too had 4 children.

It was actually a chilling excersize.

You are really in love with that idiocy aren't you?

It's all in the math.

As far as our species in concerned, heterosexually is ultimately important and homosexuality is a dead end street.

Then bring back polygamy if you're so concerned that the human race is dying off.

btw, is the human race dying off?

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

How many more children could a could a woman have, regardless the number of men she's with?

Shows how completely useless to the species homosexuality is.

If it were as dominant sexuality, in percentage, as heterosexuality is now, the species fails in 11 generations.

It's not the dominant sexuality. You're creating a strawman. A big gay strawman.

Seems reasonable to believe that the self loathing and fear of being found out drives some of the loudest homophobic voices.
And then, to become violent. That's a big step, so those forces have to be pretty strong.

Forum List

Back