Is homosexuality a biological construct?

Historically I believe that homosexuality was typically considered a social construct, in which any person had the potential to develop gay attractions if in the right situation (ex. prison inmates having gay relations due to isolation from women).

It seems like only in recent times has homosexuality been touted as a biological construct and an "identity" put on the same level as sex and race.

I'm wondering what exactly sparked all of this hubub; as there's definitely no conclusive evidence that homosexuality is "genetic" or that people are "born that way" despite activist claims.
I think people are just hardwired to seek out sex...period. Whether you are homo or hetero probably has a bit to do with genes and a lot to do with your environment (hence why you see a lot of prison inmates having gay sex).
Not that I know a lot about the deal but from what I hear, prison sex is more of a power thing rather than an attraction. An example of cultural influence I guess

Can't it be both ?
Can you prove both stupid?

Yes, u ass !

We've all grown up with kids who everyone knew where going to be gay, even at a young age .

But there's also people we know who've "exterminated " wh homosexuality .

It's totally plausible that in can be biological and social driven.

Years ago fat chicks were considerd hot . Now it's skinny . Did biology change ?
Post a link to genetic PROOF homo.
There are plenty of emotions and instincts in life that we don't have proof links for... yet we know they exist. Love and hate are amoungst the top two. You can't genetically prove you are straight so why should gays genetically prove they are gay? I've had enough conversations with gay people who I love and trust and respect to know that it's their nature and not their simple choice. That's all the proof I need.

Perhaps it's natures way of controlling the population. The real question is, why do you even care what others do?
Its not an issue of caring because I don't. Its an issue of these lying mother f#ckers who get on the net and say there is proof.
Well I just gave you all the proof you need, you can take my word on it and rest easy.

Historically I believe that homosexuality was typically considered a social construct, in which any person had the potential to develop gay attractions if in the right situation (ex. prison inmates having gay relations due to isolation from women).
If that was true, most of the guys coming back from WW II would have been gay, then no Boomers! Make what you want of that. :biggrin:

Historically I believe that homosexuality was typically considered a social construct ...
in recent times has homosexuality been touted as a biological construct ...
---
Not that simple:
Nature vs Nurture. Chicken or Egg.

Homosexuality has various components that "interact" subconsciously.
There may be biological antecedents (brain-endocrine development) that mix with psychological development within cultural contexts.
Another adaptive variable in the evolutionary process.

It seems like only in recent times has homosexuality been touted as a biological construct and an "identity" put on the same level as sex and race.

I'm wondering what exactly sparked all of this hubub; as there's definitely no conclusive evidence that homosexuality is "genetic" or that people are "born that way" despite activist claims.

It really all depends. If you're a woman, then homosexuality is a common sense construct. if you're a man, homosexuality is fucking retarded.

Based on the fact that a man likes watching two women have sex, but doesn't like the thought of a man having sex with him.

:slap:

Based on the principle that women are beautiful and men are.....not.

Stop being a homophobe. :slap:

Can't it be both ?
Can you prove both stupid?

Yes, u ass !

We've all grown up with kids who everyone knew where going to be gay, even at a young age .

But there's also people we know who've "exterminated " wh homosexuality .

It's totally plausible that in can be biological and social driven.

Years ago fat chicks were considerd hot . Now it's skinny . Did biology change ?
Post a link to genetic PROOF homo.

Oh Im pro gay so I must be gay !! Why can't righties fathom that others can be for freedom that doesn't effect them.

You want proof . Gay people exists . There's your proof .

The real question is, why do you care ?? Self hating Closet case maybe ?!

Look. I don't like tatoos . Wouldn't want one myslef . But lots of people get them and seem to like them. Why should I care. ?

I think people are just hardwired to seek out sex...period. Whether you are homo or hetero probably has a bit to do with genes and a lot to do with your environment (hence why you see a lot of prison inmates having gay sex).
Not that I know a lot about the deal but from what I hear, prison sex is more of a power thing rather than an attraction. An example of cultural influence I guess
---
Power has a lot to do with prison sex, but that's not a sufficient condition. The guys holding down the new victim may not want homo sex, but the leader perp must get "off" on it or he would not penetrate.
Q:
Would Dark Fury want prison sex just to feel powerful?

It is a naturally occurring anamoly. Normally benign until the anamoly is accepted as normal.

It's interesting, I did the math, if you flip the demographics, and instead of 90% + being hetro, and made that Population (and all future generations) 90% homosexual, the population of human beings in the United States would be zero within 11 generations.

That's also giving those populations every benefit. Each hetro female having 4 children and no hetro female dies before they too had 4 children.

It was actually a chilling excersize.

It really all depends. If you're a woman, then homosexuality is a common sense construct. if you're a man, homosexuality is fucking retarded.

Based on the fact that a man likes watching two women have sex, but doesn't like the thought of a man having sex with him.

Based on the principle of you thin women fucking is hot, and men fucking is not hot. Stop being a brainophobe!

Based on the principle of you thin women fucking is hot, and men fucking is not hot. So being a brainophobe!

Why do you insist on making this about me? It has nothing to do with me. Women are objectively beautiful. They're soft, they smell nice, they're curvy. Beautiful.

Men are hairly, lumpy, smelly, and will poke your eye out.

It is a naturally occurring anamoly. Normally benign until the anamoly is accepted as normal.

It's interesting, I did the math, if you flip the demographics, and instead of 90% + being hetro, and made that Population (and all future generations) 90% homosexual, the population of human beings in the United States would be zero within 11 generations.

That's also giving those populations every benefit. Each hetro female having 4 children and no hetro female dies before they too had 4 children.

You are really in love with that idiocy aren't you?

No one is born Christian.

Based on the principle of you thin women fucking is hot, and men fucking is not hot. So being a brainophobe!

Why do you insist on making this about me? It has nothing to do with me. Women are objectively beautiful. They're soft, they smell nice, they're curvy. Beautiful.

But then again many women wouldn't fuck another woman, but would fuck an ugly man.

And then again many men wouldn't fuck another man, but would fuck an ugly woman.

And then again a gay guy would fuck an ugly guy and wouldn't fuck a beautiful woman.

Do you have a point here?

Historically I believe that homosexuality was typically considered a social construct ...
in recent times has homosexuality been touted as a biological construct ...
---
Not that simple:
Nature vs Nurture. Chicken or Egg.

Homosexuality has various components that "interact" subconsciously.
There may be biological antecedents (brain-endocrine development) that mix with psychological development within cultural contexts.
Another adaptive variable in the evolutionary process.
---
Power has a lot to do with prison sex, but that's not a sufficient condition. The guys holding down the new victim may not want homo sex, but the leader perp must get "off" on it or he would not penetrate.
Q:
Would Dark Fury want prison sex just to feel powerful?
i believe dark fury would enjoy that... However the act of getting off on a power trip is similar to what rapists go after... It's a warped psychosis and not necessarily a gay/straight thing

But then again many women wouldn't fuck another woman, but would fuck an ugly man.

And then again many men wouldn't fuck another man, but would fuck an ugly woman.

And then again a gay guy would fuck an ugly guy and wouldn't fuck a beautiful woman.

I have a hook. And I believe I can use that hook to latch on, and pull that pine cone out of your ass. I require a 50% up front, and you pay the remainder whether I succeed or not.

I have a hook. And I believe I can use that hook to latch on, and pull that pine cone out of your ass. I require a 50% up front, and you pay the remainder whether I succeed or not.

Wonderful.

You are really in love with that idiocy aren't you?

It's all in the math.

As far as our species in concerned, heterosexually is ultimately important and homosexuality is a dead end street.

Forum List

Back