My First trip to McDonalds in years. My Big Mac combo with regular drink was FOURTEEN DOLLARS!!!

I remember when my folks took me down south, White Castle had not yet franchised its way up north yet, and their burgers were that cheap, and indeed, we did buy big bags of their burgers.
We had a White Castle here in the Bay City area...then Culver's took over. It was in 2000 though.

I like Long John Silver...I like their fried fish sandwiches. Although, it's not any better than Culver's.
Culver's and Wendy's are the only two places I'll only go to anymore on the rare times I eat fast food.

If I am going to pay these prices, I expect my fast food to have the quality it used to back in the 80s.

:rolleyes:

. . . I haven't tried LJS in about ten years. Last time I ate at the local one here, they were awful. But at those prices, I have been think of giving them another try.
:lol:

I'll probably swing by in a week or two. (The fish sandwiches I do at home are great, but I notice they are doing six dollar chicken baskets now. . . so. . .)

Culver's and Wendy's are the only two places I'll only go to anymore on the rare times I eat fast food.

If I am going to pay these prices, I expect my fast food to have the quality it used to back in the 80s.

:rolleyes:

. . . I haven't tried LJS in about ten years. Last time I ate at the local one here, they were awful. But at those prices, I have been think of giving them another try.
:lol:

I'll probably swing by in a week or two.
In my hay days, I worked at both... (Wendy's and Culver's).

I think no matter where we dine, we're going to pay a lot. Whether some people may complain it is price gauging....like they did about the gas prices.

I don't eat out as much. But when I do...I like Culver's. I prefer it over McDonald's any day.

I remember when my folks took me down south, White Castle had not yet franchised its way up north yet, and their burgers were that cheap, and indeed, we did buy big bags of their burgers.
Here it was Krystal. $20 and you get a grocery bag full of stuff. Everybody can eat.

Hamburgers were 15 cents. Cheeseburgers at a quarter!

KEEP IN MIND:
  • Despite what the resident dickhead expert here on inflation claims, what the huge disparity in food costs between then and now REALLY REFLECT is HOW MUCH THE GOVERNMENT HAS DEVALUED THE US DOLLAR WITH OUT OF CONTROL SPENDING.
  • If you spent like the government does, they would arrest you.
  • In the past century, our Dollar has lost 95% of its original value due to irresponsible government spending.
  • When I was a kid in the late 60's, my dad bought a nice Ford Galaxie 500 for $2200.
  • Now Janet Yellen wants to spend THREE TRILLION DOLLARS A YEAR fighting 'climate change.'

In my hay days, I worked at both... (Wendy's and Culver's).

I think no matter where we dine, we're going to pay a lot. Whether some people may complain it is price gauging....like they did about the gas prices.

I don't eat out as much. But when I do...I like Culver's. I prefer it over McDonald's any day.
Agreed. It is so expensive, if you are going to pay that much you might as well just go to a sit down place and pay a few extra duckets.

I had heard a rumor that Krzysiak's House no longer was serving in house. . . I don't know if that is true, or if you know anything about that?

I get some of my homemade perogies at Jack's Fruit market, made from them. . . you know anything about that?

1722276380932.png

KEEP IN MIND:
  • Despite what the resident dickhead expert here on inflation claims, what the huge disparity in food costs between then and now REALLY REFLECT is HOW MUCH THE GOVERNMENT HAS DEVALUED THE US DOLLAR WITH OUT OF CONTROL SPENDING.
  • If you spent like the government does, they would arrest you.
  • In the past century, our Dollar has lost 95% of its original value due to irresponsible government spending.
  • When I was a kid in the late 60's, my dad bought a nice Ford Galaxie 500 for $2200.
  • Now Janet Yellen wants to spend THREE TRILLION DOLLARS A YEAR fighting 'climate change.'
I could be wrong...I think you can start buying your food using Bitcoin.

I think no matter where we dine, we're going to pay a lot.

I can currently get a big meal of nothing but delicious crispy premium breaded jumbo shrimp (I'd guess about 25) cooked in a thick, delectable honey/mayonnaise sauce served on a bed of steamed rice for about $16.00 delivered to my door! All you can eat!

Fuck that $14.00 Happy Meal!

I could be wrong...I think you can start buying your food using Bitcoin.
1722276814048.png

The more I watch Whitney Webb and Truth for the Commoner channel, I believe it might be prudent to get a bitcoin wallet. Other times, I think I am just too old and crusty to worry about all that. :lol:

I can currently get a big meal of nothing but delicious crispy premium breaded jumbo shrimp (I'd guess about 25) cooked in a thick, delectable honey/mayonnaise sauce served on a bed of steamed rice for about $16.00 delivered to my door! All you can eat!

Fuck that $14.00 Happy Meal!
When I was growing up, my family and I ate on rice and beans (not literally). We weren't poor or rich. But we were conserving on the fact, dining out was expensive. Even though, we could afford the food. My parents were brought up being frugal.

Same. Going out to eat in the seventies and early eighties was a once every six months type of thing. We went shopping at GFS and stocked up on bulk for anything that would keep to save money. All of the things that our grand-parents from the Great Depression taught us to save money from the elites destroying the economy.

The op is wrong

A big mac combo does not cost $14
Prices vary depending where you live. The economy is different, nation wide. This is why a national minimum wage is a bad idea, and why the left is clueless about a national minimum wage.

In NY or LA, that seems reasonable.

In the Tri-City area where I live? Hell no, no one would pay that much.

In Saginaw Michigan, this is the price;

1722277471901.png

Are you sure the diversity hire behind the counter didnt ring it up wrong?

View attachment 986359
I don't care where you live, these prices are wrong, and you can't get a meal for those prices.

There is no franchise that is going to throw in a medium fry for a dollar, and a medium drink for a buck. That won't happen. Go ahead and try to get those prices.

:auiqs.jpg:

I don't care where you live, these prices are wrong, and you can't get a meal for those prices.

There is no franchise that is going to throw in a medium fry for a dollar, and a medium drink for a buck. That won't happen. Go ahead and try to get those prices.

:auiqs.jpg:
1722278502445.png

Are you sure the diversity hire behind the counter didnt ring it up wrong?
How is this even relevant to why the prices are high? This has been going on since the beginning of the inflation. It's supply and demand. If you are going to hire people at $25/hour...you have to cover the supply by raising prices. The demand is hoping that people will still buy your products.

How is this even relevant to why the prices are high? This has been going on since the beginning of the inflation. It's supply and demand. If you are going to hire people at $25/hour...you have to cover the supply by raising prices. The demand is hoping that people will still buy your products.
I dont want to overprice or underprice the product

But $14 was to high except maybe in california