Is it unpatriotic for a president to increase the nation's debt?

When it's in good times, and is cover for pander to the rich bubbles, it's almost criminal. See Raygun and BOOOSH....a LITTLE MORE DEFICIT SPENDING IN 2010 AND WE'D BE OUT OF THIS Pub mess, but mindless, destructive TP Pubs have allowed NOTHING SINCE 2/2010...HATER DUPES.

You've increased the debt by 7 trillion in five years....blowing by bush. What else do you want? Do you need another 20 trillion?

About 800 billion for a normal infrastructure/jobs act that would've cut UE BY 1-2 PER CENT, AND ADD 2 PER CENT to growth, at a time when the cost of borrowing has never been lower, and our infrastructure is a wreck after 30 years of Reaganism...That's ACTUAL common sense, not brainwashed debt cult idiocy...

I guess that is why the debt is as low this year as it has been in many years.

Normally I let it go when someone exposes their ignorance but you are so sure of yourself you need to be shown the truth.

images

Maybe you meant deficit:

Edwards-figure1-e1312338323616.jpg

Either way your remark is based on what Jake? Jake always so sure but always so wrong.

Who's budget was it in 2009, Obama's or Bush?

When it's in good times, and is cover for pander to the rich bubbles, it's almost criminal. See Raygun and BOOOSH....a LITTLE MORE DEFICIT SPENDING IN 2010 AND WE'D BE OUT OF THIS Pub mess, but mindless, destructive TP Pubs have allowed NOTHING SINCE 2/2010...HATER DUPES.

You've increased the debt by 7 trillion in five years....blowing by bush. What else do you want? Do you need another 20 trillion?

About 800 billion for a normal infrastructure/jobs act that would've cut UE BY 1-2 PER CENT, AND ADD 2 PER CENT to growth, at a time when the cost of borrowing has never been lower, and our infrastructure is a wreck after 30 years of Reaganism...That's ACTUAL common sense, not brainwashed debt cult idiocy...

I thought congress gave O 800 billion for the stimulus. Nobody got stimulated.....well they did but not the public.

I thought congress gave O 800 billion for the stimulus. Nobody got stimulated.....well they did but not the public.

Pure Pubcrappe, hater dupe. It was Booosh's TARP THAT PAID OFF THE WALL ST. A-HOLES THAT CAUSED THE MELTDOWN...40 PER CENT OF THAT STIMULUS WAS TAX CUTS ON THE NON RICH, THE REST OTHER HELP FOR Main st...saved Detriot too, dingbat.

Last edited:

Pure Pubcrappe, hater dupe. It was Booosh's TARP THAT PAID OFF THE WALL ST. A-HOLES THAT CAUSED THE MELTDOWN...40 PER CENT OF THAT STIMULUS WAS TAX CUTS ON THE NON RICH, THE REST OTHER HELP FOR Main st...saved Detriot too, dingbat.

No, that was another fiasco that I was against.

Saving the big 2 and a million or 2 jobs for less than the cost of your idiotic shutdown was a mistake, hater dupe...you're a functional moron- change it...

Normally I let it go when someone exposes their ignorance but you are so sure of yourself you need to be shown the truth.

images

Maybe you meant deficit:

Either way your remark is based on what Jake? Jake always so sure but always so wrong.

Wrong about what?

What your chart shows is the debt going up.

It doesn't show why.

The spending started during the Bush administration when he cut taxes on the wealthy are started 2 wars on the national credit card.

Oh and he didn't stop there.

He created the "Department of Homeland Security", introduced a new Medicare benefit and a mandate that all children in the US achieve a certain benchmark when testing.

ALL OF THIS WAS UN-FUNDED.

Add in as a parting gift he left us with a collapsing economy due to underfunded regulators and TARP to keep it from collapsing completely.

Seriously.

The Bush administration wasn't that long ago.

We haven't forgotten.

Seriously, Bush's deficit in his last year was 1/3 of Obama's first. And 2012 was slightly less. I can't see how you people defend Obama's spending by showing Bush did it by far less. Or more laughable when you rant about Reagan.

And way here is what Jake posted, as if you didn't know: I guess that is why the debt is as low this year as it has been in many years.

Which is incorrect no matter what you try and sell.

Last edited:

images

Maybe you meant deficit:

Obama was president, there was no budget passed as far as I remember, during Bush's last year.

The United States federal budget for fiscal year 2009 began as a spending request submitted by President George W. Bush to the 110th Congress. The final resolution written and submitted by the 110th Congress to be forwarded to the President was approved by the House on June 5, 2008.[2] The final spending bills for the budget were not signed into law until March 11, 2009 by President Barack Obama, nearly five and a half months after the fiscal year began.

The 110th Congress' budget for 2009 totaled $3.1 trillion.

Total spending was $3.518 trillion

2009 United States federal budget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So I guess you point was that Obama had nothing to do with the 2009 budget but the facts are quite different. Besides, it has nothing to do with what Jake said and I corrected. As I have now corrected you.

Last edited:

images

Maybe you meant deficit:

Obama was president, there was no budget passed as far as I remember, during Bush's last year.

The United States federal budget for fiscal year 2009 began as a spending request submitted by President George W. Bush to the 110th Congress. The final resolution written and submitted by the 110th Congress to be forwarded to the President was approved by the House on June 5, 2008.[2] The final spending bills for the budget were not signed into law until March 11, 2009 by President Barack Obama, nearly five and a half months after the fiscal year began.

The 110th Congress' budget for 2009 totaled $3.1 trillion.

Total spending was $3.518 trillion

2009 United States federal budget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So I guess you point was that Obama had nothing to do with the 2009 budget but the facts are quite different. Besides, it has nothing to do with what Jake said and I corrected. As I have now corrected you.

LOL, I guess you "corrected" me and the Cato Institute? :lol:

" While this makes sense to a casual observer, it is largely untrue. The 2009 fiscal year began October 1, 2008, nearly four months before Obama took office. The budget for the entire fiscal year was largely set in place while Bush was in the White House. "

200911_blog_mitchell2.jpg

Don't Blame Obama for Bush's 2009 Deficit | Cato @ Liberty

Thanks for the laugh!

When Obama was a not sitting in the White House he talked about debt being unpatriotic, immoral but that changed once he got in the White House.

Of course, he was also talking about Bush's approval of CIA and NSA activities as illegal...until he got the intel reports for the first time. He was a nobody Senator that was outside the intel loop...

Forum List

Back