Is Obama Cooking the Census Books for Obamacare?

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
The Census, which Obama made into a fully owned subsidiary of the White House in 2009, is going to change how it calculates how many people have health insurance starting next year. The change will make it absolutely impossible to calculate how many people received insurance due to the ACA.

How convenient.

I was. The New York Times reports that the Barack Obama administration has changed the survey so that we cannot directly compare the numbers on the uninsured over time.

"The changes are intended to improve the accuracy of the survey, being conducted this month in interviews with tens of thousands of households around the country. But the new questions are so different that the findings will not be comparable, the officials said.

An internal Census Bureau document said that the new questionnaire included a “total revision to health insurance questions” and, in a test last year, produced lower estimates of the uninsured. Thus, officials said, it will be difficult to say how much of any change is attributable to the Affordable Care Act and how much to the use of a new survey instrument.

“We are expecting much lower numbers just because of the questions and how they are asked,” said Brett J. O’Hara, chief of the health statistics branch at the Census Bureau

Is Obama Cooking the Census Books for Obamacare? - Bloomberg View

The Census, which Obama made into a fully owned subsidiary of the White House in 2009, is going to change how it calculates how many people have health insurance starting next year. The change will make it absolutely impossible to calculate how many people received insurance due to the ACA.

How convenient.

I was. The New York Times reports that the Barack Obama administration has changed the survey so that we cannot directly compare the numbers on the uninsured over time.

"The changes are intended to improve the accuracy of the survey, being conducted this month in interviews with tens of thousands of households around the country. But the new questions are so different that the findings will not be comparable, the officials said.

An internal Census Bureau document said that the new questionnaire included a “total revision to health insurance questions” and, in a test last year, produced lower estimates of the uninsured. Thus, officials said, it will be difficult to say how much of any change is attributable to the Affordable Care Act and how much to the use of a new survey instrument.

“We are expecting much lower numbers just because of the questions and how they are asked,” said Brett J. O’Hara, chief of the health statistics branch at the Census Bureau

Is Obama Cooking the Census Books for Obamacare? - Bloomberg View

What a shock....They will do anything to make Obama look good.

It really is appalling. Both the Census and the IRS, which used to be independent, have been turned into politicized adjuncts of the Democrats.

The census bureau has ONE constitutional mandate, to count noses every 10 years, nothing more. I refuse to answer any census questions that go beyond that. I would hope everyone else would do the same. They sent a worker to my home 3 times last year trying to get me to do a national crime survey, I politely asked them to leave the first time, I wasn't so polite the next 2 and finally got my congresscritter involved and they finally stopped coming.

Why would Obama need to make himself look good since when 2016 rolls around he's going to use some crisis to declare martial law and indefinitely suspend the election?

I think Obama is trying to make his signature law look good for his own legacy and to help the Dems who passed that shit.

The IRS is already acting as thugs for the administration. It's amazing how many people were audited after speaking out against Obama's policies. And they turned the Dallas office into a campaign headquarters. I have no doubt there was an effort to target conservative groups and it started at the top. Of course, many other high ranking officials will be thrown under the bus because the top guy is always protected. But, the investigation is showing the deep corruption. That is why the IRS scandal remains a big issue. Some people need to go to jail. Even the liberal media can't ignore that one anymore.

Now he's using the census bureau for propaganda. No surprise there after seeing how other agencies were abused for political purposes.

The questionnaires get longer every time and it's insane. We should answer one question regarding the number of people in the house and no more. I got one years ago that was a booklet of questions and it wanted incomes, etc. It's ridiculous. I don't trust them so will simply give a number and that is all.

Last edited:
We all know that ObamaCare is crap....
So the Democrats and Obama need to do anything they can to polish
this turd....

Then the low information voters will rise as one and say that it's a success....
And they will refer to the cooked books that say it's so..

Is Obama Cooking the Census Books for Obamacare?

No but that won't stop the brainless from saying he did. This one is really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

barrel-scraping-moodys2.jpg

When will the left admit this administration is the most corrupt in our history.

Oh don't be ridiculous.

Its fine for you to disagree with his politics but he's not corrupt, he is an American and the lies made up about him by the weirdos on the right are true.

Deal with it.

You people know there are other orgs that track the uninsured, right?

Gallop for example uses larger samples and a lot of the wonks use those figures, as well as other tracking data.

Debunked:

The recent changes to the Current Population Survey’s questions related to health insurance coverage is the culmination of 14 years of research and two national tests in 2010 and 2013 clearly showing the revised questions provide more precise measures of health insurance through improved respondent recall.

This change was announced in September 2013 and implemented because the evidence showed that reengineering the questions provides demonstrably more accurate results. The Census Bureau only implements changes in survey methodology based on research, testing, and evidence presented for peer review.

The revised questions were implemented in the Current Population Survey beginning in February 2014 in time for data collection covering calendar year 2013, and thus will provide a more accurate baseline for assessments of changes in insurance coverage, including that of the Affordable Care Act.

Forum List

Back