Is Pense really all that useful?

Two points. First, S.E. Cupp (a conservative, mind you) said something interesting on Bill Mahrer last night. She pointed out that VP picks rarely ever bring voting bumps to presidential campaigns. Af all, as she put it, people never vote for the second guy on the ticket, that's why it's called a Presidential campaign. So, if if the idea is for Pense to make Trump look more rational, and presidential, then in that regard he fails miserably, because Trump is...well...Trump. Cupp likened it to the idea of a woman marrying a beast of a man, because she likes his brother. No one ever does that.

Second, perhaps the purpose of Pense isn't to clean up Trump's image at all. Perhaps it is to snag a voting bloc - after all Evangelicals like Pense. If that's the case, then a recent pew poll could very well bed a problem for Trump. It demonstrates that, while traditional Christian faiths - catholicism, Protestant, and Evangelical - are on a swift downturn, unaffiliated - Agnostic, and atheist - are just as quickly growing, and non-Christian faiths are the only other group that has shown growth in recent years in the US. This means that non-christian faiths - or lack thereof, in the case of atheism - are becoming the largest voting bloc in the US. That being the new paradigm, does a running mate who is so clearly conservative Christian really help the ticket all that much?

You know you can correct the title??? It is "Pence". Please correct this very simple mistake.

Good call sassy...but I think I would have given her six.
She's a he, and he doesn't even know what a katyusha is, so...thanks?

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
I try frequently to honor the liberal view that gender designations are meaningless.

And A Katyusha is a missile that invariably goes over the head of the intended target.
Well, then I clearly deserve that, because trying to attack Hillary over a video that you all insisted was inconsequential rather does "go over my head". Meanwhile, instead of attacking Hillary, how about you post your thoughts on the actual topic of the thread. just a thought...

Two points. First, S.E. Cupp (a conservative, mind you) said something interesting on Bill Mahrer last night. She pointed out that VP picks rarely ever bring voting bumps to presidential campaigns. Af all, as she put it, people never vote for the second guy on the ticket, that's why it's called a Presidential campaign. So, if if the idea is for Pense to make Trump look more rational, and presidential, then in that regard he fails miserably, because Trump is...well...Trump. Cupp likened it to the idea of a woman marrying a beast of a man, because she likes his brother. No one ever does that.

Second, perhaps the purpose of Pense isn't to clean up Trump's image at all. Perhaps it is to snag a voting bloc - after all Evangelicals like Pense. If that's the case, then a recent pew poll could very well bed a problem for Trump. It demonstrates that, while traditional Christian faiths - catholicism, Protestant, and Evangelical - are on a swift downturn, unaffiliated - Agnostic, and atheist - are just as quickly growing, and non-Christian faiths are the only other group that has shown growth in recent years in the US. This means that non-christian faiths - or lack thereof, in the case of atheism - are becoming the largest voting bloc in the US. That being the new paradigm, does a running mate who is so clearly conservative Christian really help the ticket all that much?

You know you can correct the title??? It is "Pence". Please correct this very simple mistake.
Still relatively new here. Not entirely certain how to go about correcting a thread title, as I am not finding an "edit" option in my OP, or in the title.

Good call sassy...but I think I would have given her six.
She's a he, and he doesn't even know what a katyusha is, so...thanks?

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
I try frequently to honor the liberal view that gender designations are meaningless.

And A Katyusha is a missile that invariably goes over the head of the intended target.
Well, then I clearly deserve that, because trying to attack Hillary over a video that you all insisted was inconsequential rather does "go over my head". Meanwhile, instead of attacking Hillary, how about you post your thoughts on the actual topic of the thread. just a thought...
My post was sarcasm...I was perhaps too subtle? As for Pence...he's Irish..he's accomplished...he knows his arguments...he can debate...and perhaps most of all...he will do no harm.

Still relatively new here. Not entirely certain how to go about correcting a thread title, as I am not finding an "edit" option in my OP, or in the title.

I understand... I was the same way too! You should be able to correct a Thread Title by looking at your post. Upper right hand
corner should be the below screen shot...for your thread..not mine!!
Screen Shot 2016-07-16 at 11.31.56 AM.png

I understand... I was the same way too! You should be able to correct a Thread Title by looking at your post. Upper right hand
View attachment 81776
Uh...that link (Thread tools) is at the top of my page.

screenshot1_zpsq8zgnexl.png

Pence was chosen for the short term purpose of solidifying the Republican base into supporting Trump. He will have no useful effect in the general election, rather, he will probably hurt it. This was a horrible and amateur decision from Trump.

What absolute nonsense. Go back to Huma and get some new instructions...

Meanwhile, instead of attacking Hillary,

Gotta love the insecurity of Hillary's campaign.

Everything is an "attack" or "hate."

You "hate" Hillary if you noticed she failed the DC Bar exam... or maybe Hillary isn't "so smart" as the Dems and the media claim...

You "hate" Hillary if you noticed she failed the DC Bar exam... or maybe Hillary isn't "so smart" as the Dems and the media claim...
Well, call it what you want, is is certainly a deflection from the actual topic. Why are you so afraid to talk about the actual topic of the thread. Does it hit a little too close to home? Does it expose your own concerns over Trump's campaign?

View attachment 81776
Uh...that link (Thread tools) is at the top of my page.
You sure? I'm looking at your screen shot and don't see anything that says "Thread Tools" and a pull down to "Edit Title"? Where ?

screenshot1_zpsq8zgnexl.png

As long as he can't see Russia or Canada from his house all is well.

Sarah Palin never said “I can see Russia from my house.”
Tina Fey did, in a hilarious skit on Saturday Night Live.
Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, on the other hand, said something a little bit different from which the Tina Fey line derived.
To which she gave an earnest, but widely ridiculed, response:
“They’re our next-door neighbors. And you can actually see Russia, from land, here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.”
Subsequent investigations demonstrated that Russia is visible from an Alaskan island, Little Diomede, that sits in the center of the Bering Sea, well north of the Aleutian Islands.
Did Sarah Palin Really Say "I Can See Russia from My House"?

Proof which a lot people will NoT believe about Hillary...
No Bar to Success
Hillary Rodham failed her 1973 attempt to pass the Washington, D.C., bar exam.
Of 817 applicants, 551 of her peers had passed, most from law schools less prestigious than Yale.
She kept this news hidden for the next thirty years. She never took the exam again, despite many opportunities. Her closest friends and associates were flabbergasted when she made the revelation in a single throwaway line in Living History.

Hillary Clinton Failed the Washington, D.C. Bar Exam?

Proof which a lot people will NoT believe about Hillary...
No Bar to Success
Hillary Rodham failed her 1973 attempt to pass the Washington, D.C., bar exam.
Of 817 applicants, 551 of her peers had passed, most from law schools less prestigious than Yale.
She kept this news hidden for the next thirty years. She never took the exam again, despite many opportunities. Her closest friends and associates were flabbergasted when she made the revelation in a single throwaway line in Living History.

Hillary Clinton Failed the Washington, D.C. Bar Exam?
So? You know how many people fail the Bar the first time? It's not like a grade school spelling test.

S\And what does that have to do with whether Pence will serve a purpose as Trump's VP pick? Boy, the idea of talking about Pence just scares the piss outa you, doesn't?

Very simple to find out the answer to your "how many people fail the bar the first time"... you know there is this thing know as the
"INTERNET"!!!
Persons Taking and Passing the 2015 Bar Examination by Source of Legal Education
Totals: 66,763... passing 42,988 or 64%
http://www.ncbex.org/assets/media_files/Bar-Examiner/articles/2016/BE-March2016-2015Statistics.pdf
Meanwhile, Pence is a waste of a VP, and you clearly know it, because you want to talk about anything but the waste of flesh that is Pence.

Forum List

Back