Is Peyton Manning the greatest NFL player ever?

Top 5 QBs

1. Brady
2. Montana
3. Manning
4. Unitas
5. Elway

The OP is too funny. This conversation ended when Brady won his 4th. There is no serious question now.

I think Montana is better than Brady.

Montana was the lucky recipient of the then-new West Coast Offense born by Don Coryell at San Diego State and improved upon at San Diego and at San Francisco by Bill Walsh with help by the young assistant QB coach Mike Holmgren.

Montana and Young were not exceptional talents..look at their records... but they had the best Offensive systems to play in and indeed were clutch in big games.

The OP is too funny. This conversation ended when Brady won his 4th. There is no serious question now.

Montana was the lucky recipient of the then-new West Coast Offense born by Don Coryell at San Diego State and improved upon at San Diego and at San Francisco by Bill Walsh with help by the young assistant QB coach Mike Holmgren.

Montana and Young were not exceptional talents..look at their records... but they had the best Offensive systems to play in and indeed were clutch in big games.

We discount Peyton, his numbers are great his regular season totals are record breaking, but we discount him because he wasn't clutch.

Montana because of his numbers is not exceptional yet he was clutch in big games.

So is it Brady?

I guess that explains why Manning's head is so huge.

It has to be; he's a human billboard.

Chicken Parm you taste so good

Can't blame the man for making a buck while he can. By the time he finally lets go, he might only be considered a top 5 QB.
By regular season numbers, MVPs and fantasy stats, Peyton is the greatest of all time
Post season, he repeatedly underperformed and got beaten by lesser teams at home......choker

I guess that explains why Manning's head is so huge.

It has to be; he's a human billboard.

Chicken Parm you taste so good

Can't blame the man for making a buck while he can. By the time he finally lets go, he might only be considered a top 5 QB.
By regular season numbers, MVPs and fantasy stats, Peyton is the greatest of all time
Post season, he repeatedly underperformed and got beaten by lesser teams at home......choker

There's a reason why there is no trophy for winning pre-season games.

Last edited:
Jim Brown

I've already proved that incorrect. Brownie only played 9 years. Pay attention.

And he did more in that 9 years than your hero has in 18 on a percentage basis, so no, you haven't proven anything other than you're a dipshit. But we already knew that...

:beer::clap::clap::clap::udaman:

that is why I have the sig in my message on rightwinger,he is too easy to own and take to school everyday no matter WHAT the topic is,:D Its fruitless trying to discuss anything with him.

Jim Brown

I've already proved that incorrect. Brownie only played 9 years. Pay attention.

And he did more in that 9 years than your hero has in 18 on a percentage basis, so no, you haven't proven anything other than you're a dipshit. But we already knew that...

:beer::clap::clap::clap::udaman:

that is why I have the sig in my message on rightwinger,he is too easy to own and take to school everyday no matter WHAT the topic is,:D Its fruitless trying to discuss anything with him.
Nothing says..." I am rightwingers bitch" as much as dedicating a signature to me

someone farted in here.^:9:

unlike USMB's resident troll rightwinger "I" can admit when I am wrong and will acknowledge that the ONE TIME rightwinger was right and i wrong in a debate was I said the Rams would be back in LA this year.I was off by one year,they will be for sure this year and I will as always have proved him wrong since he said they would NEVER be back.:biggrin:

only reason they did not move back this year like it wasexpected from many was back in 2014,there was no plan in place for a new stadium in LA for the first time in 50 years or so.This year there IS with the inglewood site which started construction in december as these photos show.

Rams owner breaks ground on Inglewood stadium site
stan kroneke is the only guy that has a project and is ready to go.does not need any approval,financing is set in inglewood,has a team to move there because he owns the Rams,he wants to go.@Kdubblive: "Kroenke has the money to make this happen, and why force him to go back to St. Louis when he doesn't want to go back, because quite honestly, he doesn't want to stay in St. Louis."

they have a verbal agreement with USC to use their facility next year agent rightwinger so as always,your ass gets handed to you on a platter by me.:biggrin:

the announcement is going to be made the week after the superbowl I been hearing.

so paid troll rightwinger,you MIGHT try and see what its like to admit when your wrong sometime in your life.oh thats right,your handlers wouldnt pay you if you told the truth.

Last edited:
Pretty tough to compare era to era QB's. With the new rules it is easier to pass and score. I always wonder how well Air Coryell would have done in this day and age.

My all time personal favorite.. :D (but I am admittedly biased)

How about Sweetness? (Walter Peyton). He was awesome, yet played most of his career on a lousy team.

How about Sweetness? (Walter Peyton). He was awesome, yet played most of his career on a lousy team.

QB is like the pitcher in baseball. By far the most important player on the field and that's why when you talk about the best player in history, it almost has to be a QB. Furthermore QBs usually have much longer careers than RBs.

QB is like the pitcher in baseball. By far the most important player on the field and that's why when you talk about the best player in history, it almost has to be a QB. Furthermore QBs usually have much longer careers than RBs.

I agree. But for some reason WP popped in my head. He was a great one.
I am not sure the very best q/b can really be named, b/c different ones are preferred for different reasons.

He's the all time leader in total offense and has 5 regular season MVPs while no one else has more than 3. The big knock on him is he only has one super bowl ring while other contenders like brady and montana have 4.

I'd vote for Montana and Joe Greene for defense.

Forum List

Back