was there a Germany before the year 1871?

in the beginning there were 4 tribes …

franks, saxons, allemans, bavarians …. and some smaller ones

and over time they became Germans
I was engaged to a woman who then lived in Berlin. She came down to meet me in Bavaria and she said some of the German words used in Bavaria she did not understand.

I was engaged to a woman who then lived in Berlin. She came down to meet me in Bavaria and she said some of the German words used in Bavaria she did not understand.
naturally so!

germany is multi-centured

Very strange post ... the nation-state of Germany was founded in 1871 ... the better question is when did nation-states become widespread ... some would say the French Revolution just 100 year prior ...

Before we had feudal fiefdoms ... what we know as "Germany" today were dozens of little fiefdoms not really organized into anything we'd call a country today ... more like the personal property of the Habsburg and Hohenzollern families ...

God is the King of Kings ... The Pope is His Earthly representative ... so all must bow their knees before his excellency The Pope ... nation-states and democracy is of Satan and devil worshipers ... choose wisely ...

there were German lands long before 1871
But not Germany. Germany is new. It was created by Prussia via the France Prussian War, War with Daneland, and Austria-Prussian War. Before that most of those are states that belonged to the Holy Roman Empire, or the Austria-Hungarian Empire.
1720470204633.jpeg

A area of tuetonia has lasted for almost a thousand years, with Germany as a whole about 150 of the latter part of it.

Germany is about 1500 years old …. or more

"Germania" is from the 1st Century Romans, which is what they called the region. Because many of the tribes that lived there were recorded as the "Germani".

If was not a nation, just the name of a region. Not unlike "Palestine", which was a name for a region long before it was the name of a nation.

Forum List

Back