Is statutory rape an equal offense between young males and females?

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
Seeing yet another story of a woman teacher engaging in sexual activity with high school students - that same ole point lingers in my mind... was any actual harm done to the young male?
Let's face it - for all of the guys reading this post, if when you were in high school and you had sex with a hot teacher - would you not consider this a major badge of honor?? Hell yes you would! You would be the king of the hill!!
But for girls, society is very, very different. Right or wrong.
For girls, it is certainly not a badge of honor, I would be horrified if this happened to our daughter when she was in school. This would be the kind of thing that would require the student to move to another school and pray students there don't find out.
So the question is, should the law consider the two any different?
Should punishment not reflect damage done?

Last edited:
ehm. are you sure this is a correct forum for this thread?

I think the teachers deserve jail.
When I went to high school, a teacher had to leave because he made a female student pregnant and that teacher was married. Who is going to take care of the child? That messes up the student's chances for college.
I don't like the fact that you have an authority figure over someone and using that for sexual activity.
Minors can't give consent legally.
It is called using a student and using another human being.
Instead of teaching and caring for someone's whole well being, they are thinking about themselves and that is selfishness.

Seeing yet another story of a woman teacher engaging in sexual activity with high school students - that same ole point lingers in my mind... was any actual harm done to the young male?
Let's face it - for all of the guys reading this post, if when you were in high school and you had sex with a hot teacher - would you not consider this a major badge of honor?? Hell yes you would! You would be the king of the hill!!
For girls, it is certainly not a badge of honor, I would be horrified if this happened to our daughter when she was in school. This would be the kind of thing that would require the student to move to another school and pray students there don't find out.

If we want to achive the color/sex/orientation blind society one has to punish a crime equally across those barriers.

No, it isn't the same. The problem is it would be impossible to decide how damaged a kid would be so the law has to turn a blind eye on gender. It's what we have decided on as a society anyway. As far as teaching goes, there's an extra element of trust that has been violated. These babes are usually loons, like Laterneau (sp?) A big case here where she lost her husband, kids, went to jail, re-offended with the same kid, all because he was a older spirit from the past.

BTW - I am not making a judgement here. I lean toward equal punishment simply because of the trust violation.
For a man/girl seducing - the man has to take advantage of her not only physically, but mentally also. Most of these situations the girl honestly believed they we're "in love" and he would most likely know it and continued the relationship regardless.
For the woman/boy - there is no need for emotional dishonesty and everything that goes with it. Thus he is certainly less damaged than the girl.
Just a point.

If punishment reflected damage done, it wouldn't even be a crime. Statutory rape crimes reflect a society not yet mature enough to be accepting of their own bodies and bodily functions like sex. They came about during a very conservative time when the upset was over how young the first AoCs were, 10 years old. Now they're more about concern over unwed teenaged mothers getting pregnant by older men in their 20s. California stats claim over 50% of such pregnancies result from this hence the AoC there being 18.

But both objectively, and scientifically (biology and psychology) there's no inherent harm having sex as evidenced by how everyone eventually desires sex. But having a minimum age is sensible so long as the age reflects science and not Puritanical concepts long since abandoned. We just find ourselves living in a country which at the moment is very anti-intellectualized.

So "sex is harmful, but violence is patriotic." It's ok for adults to kill children via abortion or 'stand your ground' laws, but not legal for older teens and adults to make love. In fairness, the US is in its' terrible two's (centuries) and most countries with more sensible laws are considerably older. I hope eventually as the 'leader of the free world' our wisdom catches up to our rank.

So "sex is harmful, but violence is patriotic." It's ok for adults to kill children via abortion or 'stand your ground' laws, but not legal for older teens and adults to make love. In fairness, the US is in its' terrible two's (centuries) and most countries with more sensible laws are considerably older. I hope eventually as the 'leader of the free world' our wisdom catches up to our rank.
You sure are mixing subjects to justify pedophilia. A 24yo does not belong with a 15yo because it's way to easy to manipulated/use/abuse them.

If punishment reflected damage done, it wouldn't even be a crime. Statutory rape crimes reflect a society not yet mature enough to be accepting of their own bodies and bodily functions like sex. They came about during a very conservative time when the upset was over how young the first AoCs were, 10 years old. Now they're more about concern over unwed teenaged mothers getting pregnant by older men in their 20s. California stats claim over 50% of such pregnancies result from this hence the AoC there being 18.

But both objectively, and scientifically (biology and psychology) there's no inherent harm having sex as evidenced by how everyone eventually desires sex. But having a minimum age is sensible so long as the age reflects science and not Puritanical concepts long since abandoned. We just find ourselves living in a country which at the moment is very anti-intellectualized.

:eusa_hand:
Pedophilia is a serious crime and should therefore carry a MAJOR penalty.
I have a daughter, now 23. When she was 14, she could have EASILY been duped by an older man into thinking he "loves" her and wants what is best for her and she would have believed they would be married when she graduated etc.
Almost any teen girl can fall for an older male.
Your line of thinking here is fucked. Major fucked.
It is a sign of an ADVANCED society that recognizes the value of the girls feelings and well being carries more weight than a man wanting to get his jollies off in her.
:evil:

Forum List

Back