is ted cruz eligible to run ??

like I said before ...you are an idiot.....no legislative law can change the meaning of natural born citizen.....

and you still haven't suggested what else they possibly could have meant by it....

Our whole system is set up on the basis that the Constitution is the supreme law..... Thats why you look to the courts so much.

Let's say Jefferson had a child born when he was in Paris. And let's say a French diplomat at the same time had a child born in New York. A year later they both return home. You think they meant the French kid can be President but Jefferson's kid can't.

That's just stupid

well under your interpretation the kid from France would be illegible ...that isn't right either....
its two things together citizenship...and natural born

I see you still havent tried to explain what you think it DID mean.

Illegible?

If you are born to American parents, there is no question you are legible, I thought that was pretty clear

dodging the question again I see.....

u may be a citizen.....just not one naturally born

What dodging? If you are born a citizen you are a natural born citizen. If you become a citizen later you are naturalized and not qualified to be President. What is unclear exactly?

See, Kaz, your brain works when you are not thinking of some guy's butt, hmmm.

See, Kaz, your brain works when you are not thinking of some guy's butt, hmmm.

Faun, Skylar and Syriously are constantly available, you'll have no trouble finding an ass to poke since you want to join in with them now that you made it known

Now you are fantasizing on guy's cocks, Kaz, as well as asses.

Try women again, you may feel better.

On the other hand, you may have been pretending to be hetero all this time.

Now you are fantasizing on guy's cocks, Kaz, as well as asses.

Try women again, you may feel better.

On the other hand, you may have been pretending to be hetero all this time.

I'm not following your logic that since you're the one who joined their circle jerk that I'm the one who is obsessed with cocks

What it is- anyone who is born a U.S. citizen.

well yes, anyone born within the United states, i.e. a us citizen naturally born in the US.

It should be remembered that quite a few framers were probably foreign born....a higher percentage of people at the time were.....even so they put in this proviso...which no doubt prohibited some of them from eligibility to be president .....so it can not be portrayed as anti-immigrant, they were restricting even themselves.

It may not seem fair, but Cruz cannot be president unless there is a Constitutional amendment to change that provision. There are plenty of good eligible people to choose from.

The obvious problem with that reasoning being that the definition you're holding cruz to.....doesn't exist in the Constitution.

Worse for you, the founders clearly didn't hold your 'only an amendment can change the definition of natural born' argument. As in the Naturalization Act of 1790.....they extended natural born status to those born to US parents outside the US. Demonstrating elegantly that changes in the meaning of natural born status need not be made by constitutional amendment. But can be done via plain old changes to naturalization law.

So your argument fails twice.

like I said before ...you are an idiot.....no legislative law can change the meaning of natural born citizen.....

and you still haven't suggested what else they possibly could have meant by it....

Our whole system is set up on the basis that the Constitution is the supreme law..... Thats why you look to the courts so much.
Vattel's definition has never been applied in the U.S. The only definition ever applied was either those who were naturalized before the adoption of the Constitution or a citizen at birth since then. The only way to change that to Vattel's definition would be either the ratification of a new Constitutional amendment to that effect or a court ruling of same. Until then, anyone who is a U.S. citizen at birth is eligible.

Vattel?...... you are wrong, its the Constitutions definition......a natural born citizen,....citizen born within the US
Says who?

When Kaz does not fantasize about gay sex, Kaz makes some sense. Other, not too much.

Hey Faun, Jake wants in on your fuckfest
It's your fantasy. You creep me out and I'd appreciate it if you keep your gay fantasies to yourself.

Stroking guys cocks doesn't creep you out, but people saying you're stroking their cocks does? That's a bizarre system
Again, it's your fantasy. You can stop at anytime; but it seems you're addicted.

When Kaz does not fantasize about gay sex, Kaz makes some sense. Other, not too much.

It's your fantasy. You creep me out and I'd appreciate it if you keep your gay fantasies to yourself.

Stroking guys cocks doesn't creep you out, but people saying you're stroking their cocks does? That's a bizarre system
Again, it's your fantasy. You can stop at anytime; but it seems you're addicted.

If you are smoking a cigar, not saying you are smoking a cigar doesn't make it that you are not smoking it

Let's say Jefferson had a child born when he was in Paris. And let's say a French diplomat at the same time had a child born in New York. A year later they both return home. You think they meant the French kid can be President but Jefferson's kid can't.

That's just stupid

well under your interpretation the kid from France would be illegible ...that isn't right either....

Illegible?

If you are born to American parents, there is no question you are legible, I thought that was pretty clear

What dodging? If you are born a citizen you are a natural born citizen.
Not true, especially in Ted Cruz's situation. Ted was naturalized by birth in a foreign sovereignty outside the jurisdiction of the United States making him a citizen by statute. A statutory natural born citizen is not necessarily the same thing as a Constitutional natural born citizen. The U.S. State Department warns against confusing the two concepts:

...the fact that someone is a natural born citizen pursuant to a statute does not necessarily imply that he or she is such a citizen for Constitutional purposes (U.S. Department of State Foreign Affairs Manual -- 7 FAM 1130, page 8)

That's just stupid

Illegible?

Not true, especially in Ted Cruz's situation. Ted was naturalized by birth in a foreign sovereignty outside the jurisdiction of the United States making him a citizen by statute.

Nope. Having a US mother means he's a citizen at birth. A citizen at birth isn't 'naturalized'. Not by any law on our books. You're just making up pseudo-legal gibberish again.

Illegible?

Not true, especially in Ted Cruz's situation. Ted was naturalized by birth in a foreign sovereignty outside the jurisdiction of the United States making him a citizen by statute.

Nope. Having a US mother means he's a citizen at birth. A citizen at birth isn't 'naturalized'. Not by any law on our books. You're just making up pseudo-legal gibberish again.
well, it's certainly an interesting discussion.

Illegible?

False.

Illegible?

The 'natural born' angle is debatable. The evidence is overwhelmingly on one side of the debate, but its a discussion.

The 'citizen at birth means naturalized' argument isn't. Its pure pseudo-legal gibberish. No where in our laws does it say that someone who is a citizen at birth is 'naturalized'.

Steven just made that shit up.

If you are smoking a cigar, not saying you are smoking a cigar doesn't make it that you are not smoking it
sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, sometimes it's george carlin...

Illegible?

False.

Then show us the statute that says someone who is a citizen at birth is 'naturalized'.

Because you just pulled that claim sideways out of your ass.

That's just stupid

Illegible?

Not true, especially in Ted Cruz's situation. Ted was naturalized by birth in a foreign sovereignty outside the jurisdiction of the United States making him a citizen by statute. A statutory natural born citizen is not necessarily the same thing as a Constitutional natural born citizen. The U.S. State Department warns against confusing the two concepts:

...the fact that someone is a natural born citizen pursuant to a statute does not necessarily imply that he or she is such a citizen for Constitutional purposes (U.S. Department of State Foreign Affairs Manual -- 7 FAM 1130, page 8)

That's a twisted argument, you are justifying citizenship by statute as opposed to the Constitution based on statute not the Constitution.

How does being born in Canada to US parents make him less of an American than being born in the US to American parents? All you're arguing is technicalities, something the founders weren't into

The 'natural born' angle is debatable. The evidence is overwhelmingly on one side of the debate, but its a discussion.

The 'citizen at birth means naturalized' argument isn't. Its pure pseudo-legal gibberish. No where in our laws does it say that someone who is a citizen at birth is 'naturalized'.

Steven just made that shit up.
well, since i posted it, i've been thing about congress requirements for eligibility.
all they have to be is just a citizen.. and of course be able to fog up a mirror.

it's all in the language that's for sure, but it will take a case review climbing the judicial ladder to the little building on the hill behind the us capitol building..which apparently never much sees the disinfecting sunlight of day. D.C. can be like that.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back