Is The Flu Virus Mutating?

Billy_Bob

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2014
Top Of The Great Divide
Recent articles this week in Epidemiology circles are pointing to a viral mutation that makes our current flu vaccinations impotent and ineffective. The new strain will not replicate in chicken eggs so it makes it near impossible to make an effective replication that the human body will recognize and build a defense for.

A virus mutation has made this year’s flu vaccine less effective

To add insult to injury is the current cold air mass over the mid latitudes, which holds the viruses near surface and keeps people in close proximity inside homes and schools, where humidity and temp are perfect incubators.

Just like the cold spells of the 1300's the perfect storm of cold and virus mutation is setting up a potential for massive death.. No wonder the CDC is in near panic mode..

That's nothing new. Viruses are always mutating/changing.

Hopefully people's immune systems will be key in saving them, so what can people do to boost their immune systems in order to battle this thing ?? What about a super shot (mixture of sorts), in order to boost the immune system somehow ??

While true, the fact that this particular one will not replicate in eggs, which is where we make our current vaccines, makes it very troublesome. Now we have several viral mutations that we are unable to imitate in sufficient fashion to get an immune response from the human body.

As these mutations get farther and farther ahead of our ability to deal with, it takes us that much closer to a pandemic that can wipe out millions. We have had three such scares in the last two years, one being from a new strain of measles, that we thought we had eradicated, from just last year.

Its just a matter of time and the right environmental conditions.

. Agree, but when they become epidemic, then we must spring into action to save as many lives as we can. The Ebola comes to mind, and the quick thinking that began reversing the death toll in that situation.

While true, the fact that this particular one will not replicate in eggs, which is where we make our current vaccines, makes it very troublesome. Now we have several viral mutations that we are unable to imitate in sufficient fashion to get an immune response from the human body.

As these mutations get farther and farther ahead of our ability to deal with, it takes us that much closer to a pandemic that can wipe out millions. We have had three such scares in the last two years, one being from a new strain of measles, that we thought we had eradicated, from just last year.

Have we been attacked maybe ??

Hopefully people's immune systems will be key in saving them, so what can people do to boost their immune systems in order to battle this thing ?? What about a super shot (mixture of sorts), in order to boost the immune system somehow ??
Good question!

I'm not sure what the best path is. Some of the MD's I have asked told me, next to a balanced diet and being fit there isn't much you can do. Hand-washing and other self protecting behaviors are about it.

Have we been attacked maybe ??
I don't know if I would go that far.. No one has indicated that kind of UN-natrual jump/change was seen. But then the CDC is in near full blown panic mode... some things do not add up.

Good question!

I'm not sure what the best path is. Some of the MD's I have asked told me, next to a balanced diet and being fit there isn't much you can do. Hand-washing and other self protecting behaviors are about it.
I got the that flu, very painful

I'm surprised. 10 posts, and nobody has blamed Obama, Hillary, or the DEEP STATE yet. Are the crazies slipping?

Good question!

This strain is one that attacks the joints and causes fluid build up in the lungs and other vital organs. 10 Children and 58 adults have succumb to this strain so far in the US.

Last edited:
I'm surprised. 10 posts, and nobody has blamed Obama, Hillary, or the DEEP STATE yet. Are the crazies slipping?
You think Hillary and Bill are attacking the deplorables, but their drunken aim is off just a little bit ?? Happy now ?? LOL

Rate of spread is interesting as it shows how the black death in Europe must have erupted in the 1300's and their populace was not as mobile as ours is.

School across at least a dozen states have closed their doors for a day or longer this flu season as the illness spreads at a rate that officials say they've never seen.

The 74 reported Monday that the closures—a result of "excessive absences and concerns about the [flu] virus"—have spanned about 20 districts or individual schools in Alabama, Arkansas, Idaho, Illinois, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia.

Flu epidemic has closed schools in at least 12 states, and officials say that's not normal

World leaders in Virology are concerned...
It's "100 percent" certain that another global flu crisis will happen, said Dr. Greg Poland, a virologist and vaccine researcher with the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn.

"There's absolutely no controversy that we will have another pandemic," Poland said. "What's unpredictable is the severity of it."

Poland is concerned that a new and deadly strain of flu could emerge that would sweep across the planet, erasing every advantage that modern medicine has given doctors in treating the flu.

"I've learned after 30 years of studying this virus is there's next to nothing predictable about it, and when you begin to feel comfortable, you're well on the road to bad things happening," Poland said.

A century after 1918 flu pandemic, experts say it could happen again

The more I dig into this the more I find how scared the medical community is. Hospitals are stockpiling antivirals and other basic supplies, they are vaccinating all staff and making it a condition of employment that they remain current as long as they provide it for them.

Vaccine manufacturers are desperately looking for another medium, other than eggs, to make their vaccines that takes less time. The current time from identification to vaccine available is 6 months. New technology is being tested that takes just two months.

The concern is so great that they are making sure supplies are present as supply chains could be decimated for weeks. My concern now is how would that also affect food chains and other things we all depend on for everyday life...

Thought Provoking indeed... And I started this because it was a diversion from other tasks....

Recent articles this week in Epidemiology circles are pointing to a viral mutation that makes our current flu vaccinations impotent and ineffective. The new strain will not replicate in chicken eggs so it makes it near impossible to make an effective replication that the human body will recognize and build a defense for.

A virus mutation has made this year’s flu vaccine less effective

To add insult to injury is the current cold air mass over the mid latitudes, which holds the viruses near surface and keeps people in close proximity inside homes and schools, where humidity and temp are perfect incubators.

Just like the cold spells of the 1300's the perfect storm of cold and virus mutation is setting up a potential for massive death.. No wonder the CDC is in near panic mode..
"... which holds the viruses near the surface ..." !!!

Good God man what kind of bull sh!t is that ???

The virus strains are endemic to wild geese.

It mixes with farm animals when the geese migrate.

The farm animals pass it to people in agricultural countries mostly in China.

These people spread it to others.

From there it is passed from person.

Read some biology and epidemiology.

Jeeze !!!

Good question!

Me too. Even though I got the shot too as always.

I got it from a nurse who came to work really sick at the hospital where I sometimes work as a guard. She may have gotten it from a very sick patient. We have had a lot of really sick people come into the hospital and there have even been deaths state-wide and nationwide.

The mild stage was the first 3 days.

The really bad stage which put me into bed lasted another 3 days.

Then it took sever weeks to get completely over it.

Pregnant women, infants and young children, and older people are the most vulnerable to death from this flu virus.

nurses are saying those who do not rest...die......simple as that...taking to your bed is not a weakness with these flu strains and may save your life....rest and hydrate

Forum List

Back