Is the GOP intentionally preventing a recovery?

Why would anyone waste his time providing evidence for that? Defense is small potatoes compared to the liberal boondoggles.

Defense is the single biggest item in the budget. Defense is solely to blame for the mess we're in.

Were you aware that reality doesn't give a shit about your claims?

800px-U.S._Federal_Spending_-_FY_2007.png

Which is cute..because benefits for veterans aren't scored as defense spending.

Other than pure whim, what's the rational basis for this assessment?

is $900,000 / year "rich?"

What a system. We have a vote as to what's enough money and then punish people who make more then that. Oh, but only because it's "fair."
Contributing to the society you live in is 'punishment'?

Yup - you're a conservative!

Apparently you have never worked in a government position/agency. If you had, you would know that bureaucracy simply equates to fiscal waste. Very little money actually gets to its intended recipient. Conservatives don't mind contributing their share. They do, however, demand fiscal responsibility. Is that really too much to ask?

Please tell me which government agency you feel runs efficiently?

And to want the same people running Amtrak, the DMV, the IRS, the USPS, etc. in charge of their health care choices is asinine, imo.

I think that Synthaholic is moving right as he matures. I'm not sensing the spirit of the fight in his posts. Perhaps there is hope after all.

Sorry. There is no evidence that Synthia is maturing.

Meh. His arguments are starting to lose their zest. His heart doesn't seem in it anymore. Perhaps he is souring on the whole progressive agenda as he gets older and realizes that the liberal Utopia, while ideal, isn't realistic and will never exist.

If a nasty CEO gets a $1,000,000 stock grant, they're taxed on $1,000,000.
False. They are not taxed until they sell it, which could be different than $1M.
You are correct that dividends and capital gains are 15%.
Which is still higher than 7.65%.
Yup, and lower than 35% and we haven't even talked about gas taxes yet, which hit the wealthy A LOT lower than the poor, or deductions.
Here's a secret, Virginia.

The poor pay higher taxes no matter how you tax. All taxes with the exception of the death tax are built into the price of products we buy. When you raise tax rates, it requires companies to pay more to overcome them. That drives up prices. So, the poor no matter what tax rate you have will pay the highest real tax rate because they spend 100% of their earnings. The rich don't, so they pay a lower rate. It also causes job loss, which hurts the poor.

In fact the fairest system for the poor is a flat consumption tax. They will still pay the highest real rate, but it gets the rate as flat as possible. You liked throwing out the GDP calculation yesterday to demonstrate your great knowledge of economics and intellect. I wasn't impressed, it was a basic calculation. Demonstrate you understood my argument, which BTW is based on basic economics.

There is no such thing as a death tax. But this does tell me that you are a FOXRUSHSEANBOT. :lol:

Here's a secret, Virginia.

The poor pay higher taxes no matter how you tax. All taxes with the exception of the death tax are built into the price of products we buy. When you raise tax rates, it requires companies to pay more to overcome them. That drives up prices. So, the poor no matter what tax rate you have will pay the highest real tax rate because they spend 100% of their earnings. The rich don't, so they pay a lower rate. It also causes job loss, which hurts the poor.

In fact the fairest system for the poor is a flat consumption tax. They will still pay the highest real rate, but it gets the rate as flat as possible. You liked throwing out the GDP calculation yesterday to demonstrate your great knowledge of economics and intellect. I wasn't impressed, it was a basic calculation. Demonstrate you understood my argument, which BTW is based on basic economics.

I absolutely understand your argument and have used it myself many times as a rationale for why the rich should pay more and the poor should pay less.

I think we're on the same side here.

My point earlier was merely to counter the argument that wealthy people "pay 35% in taxes" which is not true.

hummmm, my stock options are taxed at the following rate-

Fed tax- 25%
Medicare 1.45%
Soc sec- 4.20%
CA state- 10.23%
CASDI- 1.2%

Total- 42.08

:eusa_whistle:
The discussion is income taxes. Do try to keep up.

Really?

Real economists say he is wrecking the economy.
That's what you said. As in now, right now, he is wrecking the economy and "real economists" agree. Not some hack organization from two years ago who issued a warning when he took office and hadn't even passed anything yet.

You got nothing.

There is one man left standing of Obama's original economic team. Geitner. Thank God he has no plans to flee any time soon.

Oh wait.
Oh wait...what? He's not going anywhere.

So, in essence, liberals believe that the government, in actuality, owns everything in this country, and that the government shall determine how much each citizen in this country is allowed to keep.

Does that sum it up?

You can't disagree with that statement if you feel the government is entitled to keep what it sees fit.

Really?

That's what you said. As in now, right now, he is wrecking the economy and "real economists" agree. Not some hack organization from two years ago who issued a warning when he took office and hadn't even passed anything yet.

You got nothing.

There is one man left standing of Obama's original economic team. Geitner. Thank God he has no plans to flee any time soon.

Oh wait.
Oh wait...what? He's not going anywhere.
:lol: Wanna bet?

I think that Synthaholic is moving right as he matures. I'm not sensing the spirit of the fight in his posts. Perhaps there is hope after all.

Meh. His arguments are starting to lose their zest. His heart doesn't seem in it anymore. Perhaps he is souring on the whole progressive agenda as he gets older and realizes that the liberal Utopia, while ideal, isn't realistic and will never exist.
Perhaps. I was a liberal, and I grew up.

So, in essence, liberals believe that the government, in actuality, owns everything in this country, and that the government shall determine how much each citizen in this country is allowed to keep.

Does that sum it up?

You can't disagree with that statement if you feel the government is entitled to keep what it sees fit.

Yep, that's it exactly.

It really is funny. In the Sixties, the left wouldn't trust the government to say where the sun came up. Now, they trust the government implicitly and want the Big Nanny State to hold their hands from cradle to grave.

Perhaps. I was a liberal, and I grew up.

So was Reagan. There is always hope for wisdom as one moves through time.

Good find! But that has nothing to do with the screenshot that they also are using...you know, the one from the comedy bit on Real Time With Bill Maher.

But that video is very good !

Why would anyone waste his time providing evidence for that? Defense is small potatoes compared to the liberal boondoggles.

Defense is the single biggest item in the budget. Defense is solely to blame for the mess we're in.

Were you aware that reality doesn't give a shit about your claims?

800px-U.S._Federal_Spending_-_FY_2007.png
More typical daveman dishonesty.

That's 2010 - we didn't get into the shit in 2010. Try coming up with a pie chart from around 2006.

Forum List

Back