Is the GOP intentionally preventing a recovery?

Meh. His arguments are starting to lose their zest. His heart doesn't seem in it anymore. Perhaps he is souring on the whole progressive agenda as he gets older and realizes that the liberal Utopia, while ideal, isn't realistic and will never exist.
Perhaps. I was a liberal, and I grew up.

So was Reagan. There is always hope for wisdom as one moves through time.
Assuming one doesn't cling too bitterly to a failed ideology.

Good find! But that has nothing to do with the screenshot that they also are using...you know, the one from the comedy bit on Real Time With Bill Maher.

But that video is very good !
You mean the comedy bit that you haven't proven exists yet?

Defense is the single biggest item in the budget. Defense is solely to blame for the mess we're in.

Were you aware that reality doesn't give a shit about your claims?

800px-U.S._Federal_Spending_-_FY_2007.png
More typical daveman dishonesty.

That's 2010 - we didn't get into the shit in 2010. Try coming up with a pie chart from around 2006.
It's not a pie chart, but it proves you're an idiot.

2006 United States federal budget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Total Spending

The President's budget for 2006 totals $2.7 trillion. This budget request is broken down by the following expenditures:
$544.8 billion (20.90%) - Social Security
$512.1 billion (18.00%) - Defense​
Dumbass.

Other than pure whim, what's the rational basis for this assessment?

is $900,000 / year "rich?"

What a system. We have a vote as to what's enough money and then punish people who make more then that. Oh, but only because it's "fair."
Contributing to the society you live in is 'punishment'?

Yup - you're a conservative!

"Contributions" are voluntary. Taxation isn't.

I'll be over to your house to collect some "contributions" from you at gunpoint. Then you can tell us whether you think it's a punishment or a privilege.

Why would anyone waste his time providing evidence for that? Defense is small potatoes compared to the liberal boondoggles.

Defense is the single biggest item in the budget. Defense is solely to blame for the mess we're in.

Like I said, defense is the biggest single item. SS is an off budget insurance program, Medicare and Medicaid are TWO items, despite being stuck together arbitrarily on that chart.

I think that Synthaholic is moving right as he matures. I'm not sensing the spirit of the fight in his posts. Perhaps there is hope after all.
So you're saying that Liberals are fighters, and conservatives are not? :lol:

No, I see the spirit in the fight from those on the right. There is passion from both sides when they believe the message.

You may dismiss as you see fit. Your heart is not in the messages you feel a need to relay. It is obvious to those that observe.

Like I said, defense is the biggest single item. SS is an off budget insurance program, Medicare and Medicaid are TWO items, despite being stuck together arbitrarily on that chart.
:lol:

It really pisses you off that America has the most powerful military in the world, doesn't it?

Tough shit.

What a system. We have a vote as to what's enough money and then punish people who make more then that. Oh, but only because it's "fair."
Contributing to the society you live in is 'punishment'?

Yup - you're a conservative!

"Contributions" are voluntary. Taxation isn't.

I'll be over to your house to collect some "contributions" from you at gunpoint. Then you can tell us whether you think it's a punishment or a privilege.

What's the difference between a tax law, and a law against murder, speeding, shoplifting, possessing cocaine, etc., etc., etc.

Is it ALL just tyranny enforced at the point of a gun?

So, in essence, liberals believe that the government, in actuality, owns everything in this country, and that the government shall determine how much each citizen in this country is allowed to keep.

Does that sum it up?

You can't disagree with that statement if you feel the government is entitled to keep what it sees fit.

NO we don't...that is pure bullsh*t. If you are not a liberal, and I am, you have no reason to lie about us.

But we do believe in the constitution, the 16th amendment.

Sixteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm sure that you are eager to get your hands on this amendment too, but collecting taxes is as American as apple pie.

Why not? What's fair about charging one person one rate and another person another rate?
You know what? You should stop spending so much time here, and educate yourself a bit. Start with 'progressive taxation'. Google it. If you believe that it is wrong, then you are so far outside the mainstream, I'm wasting my time talking to you at all. The extreme fringe doesn't deserve thoughtful discussion.

Translation: You haven't got the slightest clue why it's fair. You're just a brainwashed drone who's been regurgitating the same pap for decades without understanding it.

Name a Liberal boondoggle.

Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security.

Oh Bull, SS has been working for over 75 years. And it's been working very well. I guess you are one of those Americans that haven't taken the time to find out about the program. But don't blame SS for your laziness.
Social Security Will Begin Going Broke This Year, Congress Warned

Actuaries Report 2010: Social Security Insolvency May Occur Sooner Than Predicted | Pax Americana Institute

Yeah. Sounds like it's working great.

So, in essence, liberals believe that the government, in actuality, owns everything in this country, and that the government shall determine how much each citizen in this country is allowed to keep.

Does that sum it up?

You can't disagree with that statement if you feel the government is entitled to keep what it sees fit.

NO we don't...that is pure bullsh*t. If you are not a liberal, and I am, you have no reason to lie about us.

But we do believe in the constitution, the 16th amendment.

Sixteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm sure that you are eager to get your hands on this amendment too, but collecting taxes is as American as apple pie.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ The person that doesn't get my point one iota.

Well let's see. You earned the money, the government has the power to take it by force. You don't see that as an equal moral claim?
Where did you earn the money? Here.

How does that entitle the government to take it?

:confused: So you don't expect to have to pay the military? or FEMA? You don't want to use the roads? Or maybe you think they should all be toll roads even though postal roads are part of the constitution. Just how do you think those programs should be paid for? Honestly, this particular discussion is one of the stupidest on this board.

Forum List

Back