Is the GOP intentionally preventing a recovery?

Last edited by a moderator:
If a nasty CEO gets a $1,000,000 stock grant, they're taxed on $1,000,000.
False. They are not taxed until they sell it, which could be different than $1M.
You are mistaken. Hopefully your ignorance will not earn you a trip to a Federal Prison.

"Generally, you must include in gross income everything you receive in payment for personal services. In addition to wages, salaries, commissions, fees, and tips, this includes other forms of compensation such as fringe benefits and stock options"

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p525.pdf

You are correct that dividends and capital gains are 15%.
Which is still higher than 7.65%.

Yup, and lower than 35% and we haven't even talked about gas taxes yet, which hit the wealthy A LOT lower than the poor, or deductions.

Yes, the 15% rate on long term capitals gains is less than 35%.
What do gas and sales taxes have to do with the silly claim that payroll taxes are higher than the top rate rich people pay?

The Democrats are by no means free from bigotry. Their existence depends on identity politics, which is based on bigotry.

Neither are Democrats tolerant of other ideas. They are as intolerant and closed-minded as any fundamentalist cracker.

When you're ready to abandon your fantasies, we can talk. If you want to continue believing in unicorns, there's really not much point.

That's comedy gold Daveman. Now you are asking liberals and democrats in general to accept the mean spirited ideas of the republican party..like investigating President Obama's place of birth, or whether or not he's a marxist, or whether or not he's anti-american..like those are "ideas" to even be considered. You, yourself, always in interactions with me..are the first to get personal. So you guys go into attack mode each and every time then get wounded and victimized when people respond in kind. President Clinton was villianized on an almost daily basis..then impeached. That's a good thing? You want the Democrats to respond the EXACT SAME WAY to every Republican President? Clinton committed no crime..none.

Even before Obama won the election they were saying all sorts of nasty things about him. Some of that is fine..because in the game of politics you have to point out negatives in your opponent..but calling him a un-american Terrorist? Oh gosh..and you expect serious interaction after that? For President Obama's part..he's been a real gentlemen about this. He's been inclusive with people that say they want him to fail, want him to be a one term president, that he's unamerican and that he's a communist. In fact..he's INCLUDED their policy recommendations into legislation. It DOESN'T HELP.

Sallow thats true that Clinton was "villinized" just about on a daily basis by so called Americans......and so is Obama by so called Americans.....what i wanna know is.....why did you not mention the guy in-between them?......he was villianized too, almost on a daily basis....by so called Americans......just askin......

I absolutely understand your argument and have used it myself many times as a rationale for why the rich should pay more and the poor should pay less.

I think we're on the same side here.

My point earlier was merely to counter the argument that wealthy people "pay 35% in taxes" which is not true.

hummmm, my stock options are taxed at the following rate-

Fed tax- 25%
Medicare 1.45%
Soc sec- 4.20%
CA state- 10.23%
CASDI- 1.2%

Total- 42.08

:eusa_whistle:

That sounds like short term capital gains and/or ordinary dividends, which of course, was not what I was referring to.

You think short term capital gains or dividends are subject to Social Security taxes? LOL!

Is the GOP intentionally preventing a recovery?

Is there any real doubt?

Where's Obama this weekend?
Is he tightening the belt and "sucking it up" like he's asking us to do?
I figure one of you Liberals with your nose buried up his ass knows his location.

he doesnt have to suck it up like us.....he is now among the Countries Elite....they never suck it up....and where ever he is at....im sure we are paying for it....

No, your claim that it is not from a comedy routine - from a comedian - is therefore unsubstantiated and dismissed.

Go find me the air date and I'll look for a youtube.
I made no such claim. Stop lying.

But then, if you stopped lying, you'd never post.
Oh, then you agree that I am totally, 100% correct that it is a screenshot from a comedy routine?
Given your penchant for lying, of course not.

You made a claim. Back it up, or retract.

If you have evidence that an austerity program involving massive cuts in government spending will CREATE jobs, by all means post it.

When you start canceling or not creating new government contracts to private business because of cutting government spending, and those business start laying people off,

show us where those people will get new jobs. Show us where not only those people, but the other people who would have to get jobs to produce net positive job creation, show us where and how that happens.

And be specific.

i dont think you can show that.....not only would the businesses start laying people off......the Govt would have to lay a bunch off also.....all that would happen is more people at home being miserable....with very few descent jobs available....

Actually every neutral and Nobel prize winning economist and in fact everyone in the WORLD beside lying elitist mega rich Pubs and their silly dupes KNOW the stimulus stopped ANOTHER Pub Great Depression, dupe. (And global warming...).
It's actually AMAZING how much the Dems did before Scott Brown and BS Pub paralysis set in. The Pub House and Gov's , not to mention the RYAN plan have put the kaibosh on Neocon azzholes forever...TYVM
So when Obama said, "This is the moment when the seas stopped rising", you believed him?

Negged for teh stoopid. :lol:

If you can show any evidence that the mainstream conservative Republican consensus supports meaningful real cuts in defense spending,

by all means do so. Otherwise admit that I'm right.

Why would anyone waste his time providing evidence for that? Defense is small potatoes compared to the liberal boondoggles.

Defense is the single biggest item in the budget. Defense is solely to blame for the mess we're in.

Some people are saying no, see the 'argument' against, here:

Schumer's conspiracy theory: GOP sabotaging recovery | David Freddoso | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

The evidence suggests Schumer's on to something. The House of Representatives has offered no debate on the issue of unemployment and has passed only 18 bills since taking control in January. 15 of those bills were passed to name federal buildings after someone. This do-nothing congress sees no urgency as millions of Americans are out of work, work one or two or three part time jobs simply to pay rent or the morgage on a home underwater.

The GOP leadership in both houses of congress has opposed all efforts by the president, and even turned down an offer by President Obama to reduce the payroll tax for businees. It seems ideology is only an excuse, the real reason is their lust for power.

Of course they are.

The GOP hates Obama. They hate liberals. In fact, they hate America. They hate the middle class and poor people. Heck, they hate the moderately wealthy. They also hate blacks, wimmin, Hispanics, the environment, clean air and water, anything not made out of chemicals or consumes more than 10 mpg, science, organic food, every Muslim on the planet and Santa Claus. They exist only to make the extreme rich extremely richer. So they are deliberately trying to sabotage the country so they can seize power and sell the middle class and poor into slavery to corporations and move them all to China.
Congratulations. You just gave Wry a woody. :lol:

and Dean .......:eusa_angel:

The Right keeps trying to sell this fantasy that big cuts in government spending will cause some sort of boom in jobs creation.

That's not how austerity works. If austerity worked that way, BOTH parties would be cutting spending like mad.

The grim reality is that austerity would cost thousands, perhaps millions of jobs. Anyone who says otherwise is either naive, ignorant, or lying.
You seem to think that Democrats want high employment.

That is incorrect. Democrats, who have been overrun with big government statists, want as many people as possible dependent on government, trading votes for handouts.
Moron.

Democrats want higher employment because it means more tax revenue.
your both right.....

If you can show any evidence that the mainstream conservative Republican consensus supports meaningful real cuts in defense spending,

by all means do so. Otherwise admit that I'm right.

Why would anyone waste his time providing evidence for that? Defense is small potatoes compared to the liberal boondoggles.

Defense is the single biggest item in the budget. Defense is solely to blame for the mess we're in.

Social Security and Medicare make up 40% of the federal budget.

There are 18,000 babyboomers entering social security/medicare DAILY and this will continue for the next 15 years. Resulting in another 64 trillion on top of the 14.3 trillion in red ink we're at now. Equating to $534,000.00 per household in America owed to the Federal Government to pay this tab. And that beats military spending HANDS DOWN.

And it's DEMOCRATS to blame for the mess we're in. They are the ones that expanded these programs to include anyone and everyone--who gets these "weird" yuppy diseases--and they get a taxpayer funded life for the rest of their lives--and they're perfectly capable of working.

Last edited:
BTW, those people who pay no federal INCOME tax pay so much in payroll taxes and fees that they are in the same tax rate as the bloated mega rich. The feds now collect more in payroll taxes and fees than income tax. for the first time. BS voodoo economics is ruining the non rich and the country. It's a GD BS cult now- ideologue idiocy, with the mega rich killing the non rich as they always do under default pub rates, etc.:eusa_wall::eusa_angel:

10mkdcp.png

Republicans are two groups: the mega rich elitist Pubs and their bought off minions(evil, worker screwing bastids):eusa_angel:, and the lovely, ignorant, careless, myth believing DUPES- many of them racists and Foxbots....tyvm

I would say the two groups are:

Mega rich elitists, and
People under the false impression that they too will some day be a mega rich elitist.
Really? You're wrong. The two groups are:

People who know hard work will bring them success, and
People who think the world owes them something, don't want to work, and want the government to take money from the successful and give it to them.

Social Security and Medicare make up 40% of the federal budget.

There are 18,000 babyboomers entering social security/medicare DAILY and this will continue for the next 15 years. Resulting in another 64 trillion on top of the 14.3 trillion in red ink we're at now. Equating to $534,000.00 per household in America owed to the Federal Government to pay this tab. And that beats military spending HANDS DOWN.

And it's DEMOCRATS to blame for the mess we're in. They are the ones that expanded these programs to include anyone and everyone--who gets these "weird" yuppy diseases--and they get a taxpayer funded life for the rest of their lives--and they're perfectly capable of working.

Social Security is not a budget item. Social Security is funded by the payroll tax.

Forum List

Back