Is the President above the law?

I dont really know about trump saying he is above the law, but i would like an example of where he breaks the emoluments clause. TIA

I dont really know about trump saying he is above the law, but i would like an example of where he breaks the emoluments clause. TIA

Is the president above the law? Let's stay on topic.

Only if you are Obama and have hand picked Criminals and placed them in The Department of Justice, The FBI, The IRS, and Intelligence Community to run interference for you, and sweep your crimes under the rug so you can go about Fundamentally Destroying America and not be bothered with silly little things like The Rule of Law, Democracy, or honoring Treaties and abiding by the parameters of Sanctions and International Law.

Is the President bound by the laws of our land and the Constitution or is he above all that and not subject to the rules that the rest of us live by?

Trump thinks he's above the law. Do you agree?

Trump's 'emoluments' defense argues he can violate the Constitution with impunity. That can't be right

Certainly Obama felt he was above the law, and the Clintons...no need to ask there.

Not what I asked. Is the president, in your opinion, above the law?

Is the President bound by the laws of our land and the Constitution or is he above all that and not subject to the rules that the rest of us live by?

Trump's 'emoluments' defense argues he can violate the Constitution with impunity. That can't be right

Certainly Obama felt he was above the law, and the Clintons...no need to ask there.

Hmm, wasn't Obama a president, wasn't Clinton? And last time I checked, they're still referred to as president.

of course not.
BTW if you want to stay on track dont link an article about the emoluments clause :thup:

Me telling you how I think he violated the clause doesn't mean anything, just like your inevitable argument of whatever I post as my "proof". The point is that Trump think he's above the law by using a defense that the emoluments clause doesn't apply to the president....hence the topic.

Hmm, wasn't Obama a president, wasn't Clinton? And last time I checked, they're still referred to as president.

So you think the president IS above the law? I asked your opinion. Are you Obama or Clinton? If not, I am still waiting for YOUR opinion.

Yes the President is above the law. No sitting president can be indicted. That is where impeachment comes in.

of course not.
BTW if you want to stay on track dont link an article about the emoluments clause :thup:

Me telling you how I think he violated the clause doesn't mean anything, just like your inevitable argument of whatever I post as my "proof". The point is that Trump think he's above the law by using a defense that the emoluments clause doesn't apply to the president....hence the topic.

So sorry you're not getting answers you hoped for, perhaps you should have rephrased the question to help you get the answers you want.

of course not.

when did he say that?

of course not.

So sorry you're not getting answers you hoped for, perhaps you should have rephrased the question to help you get the answers you want.

StevenC and TNHarley figured out how to answer the question.

Do you really not have an opinion?

of course not.

Good for them. I gave my opinion....and apologized if that wasn't the answer you were looking for. Beyond that...I really don't care.

of course not.

Good for them. I gave my opinion....and apologized if that wasn't the answer you were looking for. Beyond that...I really don't care.

Not much of a "Thinker", are you? Ironic.

Forum List

Back