Is the President above the law?

I dont really know about trump saying he is above the law, but i would like an example of where he breaks the emoluments clause. TIA

Is the president above the law? Let's stay on topic.
Take you witch hunt to the romper room.

Almost 21,00 posts. What's your goal for your 2 year anniversary? 40,000?
Total destruction of the democrats.

So yet another thing you'll never accomplish. You ever get tired at failing at everything in life?
lol, another dimbot lies...fail is rapidly becoming synonymous with "democrat"...

I dont really know about trump saying he is above the law, but i would like an example of where he breaks the emoluments clause. TIA

I have heard that a sitting president can not be charged with a crime unless & until he is out of office.

If that is true then yes, he is temporarily above the law.

I think that is absurd myself if true

of course not.
BTW if you want to stay on track dont link an article about the emoluments clause :thup:

Me telling you how I think he violated the clause doesn't mean anything, just like your inevitable argument of whatever I post as my "proof". The point is that Trump think he's above the law by using a defense that the emoluments clause doesn't apply to the president....hence the topic.

No, you're just hoping someone will fall for click bait.

The president is not above the law.

The blind trust nonsense was started in 1963 by LBJ, 182 years after the signing of the Constitution. It cannot be considered tradition. The idea that someone must destroy their business to serve as president is wacky at best, and was certainly not the original intent.

No one is saying he needs to destroy his business. What makes you think that?

He would be required to liquidate assets, pay capital gains and place remaining monies received in a blind trust.

The business would certainly not be anything close to destroyed then.

:lmao:

Your mind has surely been.

Is the President bound by the laws of our land and the Constitution or is he above all that and not subject to the rules that the rest of us live by?

Trump thinks he's above the law. Do you agree?

Trump's 'emoluments' defense argues he can violate the Constitution with impunity. That can't be right
you mean like setting up private servers, getting around congress executive orders parading as laws and the like?

i think many people in that position may feel this way. but when you single out one person and give your side a pass, you come off looking like an agenda and biased as hell.

So your opinion is.....?
trump, as all presidents and people who work for our gov are bound to the same laws we all are. period. end of story. it seems you're asking a stupid question so you can do a giggle - i just got trump, i just got trump - type reaction. you ask a stupid question, pretend trump is against it, then cry foul on something you in the end have no idea is true or not.

Is it such a stupid question? Look at this thread alone and you'll see a variety of opinions.

I have heard that a sitting president can not be charged with a crime unless & until he is out of office.

Thanks for the honest answer.

Is the President bound by the laws of our land and the Constitution or is he above all that and not subject to the rules that the rest of us live by?

Trump's 'emoluments' defense argues he can violate the Constitution with impunity. That can't be right
you mean like setting up private servers, getting around congress executive orders parading as laws and the like?

i think many people in that position may feel this way. but when you single out one person and give your side a pass, you come off looking like an agenda and biased as hell.

So your opinion is.....?
trump, as all presidents and people who work for our gov are bound to the same laws we all are. period. end of story. it seems you're asking a stupid question so you can do a giggle - i just got trump, i just got trump - type reaction. you ask a stupid question, pretend trump is against it, then cry foul on something you in the end have no idea is true or not.

Is it such a stupid question? Look at this thread alone and you'll see a variety of opinions.
and i gave you my opinion.

sorry that bothers you when that's what you asked for.

your entire stance is trump sucks, please agree so i can feel better or disagree so i can insult you.

we were running low on those posts, thanks.

So your opinion is.....?

your entire stance is trump sucks, please agree so i can feel better or disagree so i can insult you.

I haven't insulted anyone who has answered the question. Keep playing the victim though snowflake.

If a president publicly murdered someone in cold blood, could he be arrested and charged?

I, for one, am avoiding walking down Fifth Ave.....

So your opinion is.....?

I haven't insulted anyone who has answered the question. Keep playing the victim though snowflake.
i did answer the question. i answered it first time out in that i said no, he's not. we're all beholden to the same laws or should be.

so i did in fact answer your question which makes what you just said, a lie, or wrong.

your call.

Take you witch hunt to the romper room.

So yet another thing you'll never accomplish. You ever get tired at failing at everything in life?
lol, another dimbot lies...fail is rapidly becoming synonymous with "democrat"...

You post on this site well over 30 times a day, EVERY day, for the last 18 months straight.

If I am failing in your opinion, what exactly are you succeeding at? Besides being a hypocrite.
That is simply not true. Why can't liberals tell the truth?

So your opinion is.....?

"Snowflakes" are "DEMOCRATS," or didn't you know that?

I dunno about that. If a "sitting president" murdered someone, his ass better be locked up.

The fact that any president is subject to impeachment means he is not above the law.

And yet Trump acts as if he has immunity, and his supporters seem to believe in an imperial Presidency. Let's review some history of the Presidency and the power of the office:

Display Content Printable Version

The Congress of today seems to have willfully accepted Trump's usurpation of power. Why?

You post on this site well over 30 times a day, EVERY day, for the last 18 months straight.

If I am failing in your opinion, what exactly are you succeeding at? Besides being a hypocrite.

Sure it is. Can you do math?

Listen liar, it was not possible for me to post here everyday, so stop lying.

I dunno about that. If a "sitting president" murdered someone, his ass better be locked up.
I'm just telling you what I've heard so called constitutional scholars & lawyers say on the talk shows

The fact that any president is subject to impeachment means he is not above the law.

And yet Trump acts as if he has immunity, and his supporters seem to believe in an imperial Presidency. Let's review some history of the Presidency and the power of the office:

Display Content Printable Version

The Congress of today seems to have willfully accepted Trump's usurpation of power. Why?

Seems to be a trend. Trump is merely doing the same thing Obama was doing, everybody wants to limit the president's powers when he isn't in their party. Were both of them usurping power that ought to have been exercised by Congress? Yes, IMHO. Too bad Congress can't get their stuff together and do the job they were sent there to do. We obstructed Obama, you guys are obstructing Trump, quid pro quo. So Obama did his thing and now Trump is following suit.

Listen liar, it was not possible for me to post here everyday, so stop lying.

Lol, are you too dumb to understand averages? Of course you are.
When cornered, he lies more and attacks intelligence. Typical lib roe.

Forum List

Back