Is There a Boycott of Nascar on the Horizon?

Never saw the point of watching cars go around in circles, over and over.

It is a little more challenging than cars circling a track... If you don't understand what is going on it's boring as hell, kind of like watching golf, soccer or rugby... It is just something else for the haters to hate on... Sad actually... Man has been competing since the beginning of time...
For watching it is boring. To attend a race it is big $$$. Go to your local track and watch sprint cars. Family affordable too.

Who?

What the hell is nascar

Think of football, now think of real men..

View attachment 276762
If you say so sweety
nascar-joke-700x628.jpg

2126951213-nascar.jpg

nascar-woman1.png

View attachment 276767
Nice if you like plastic

Those are plastic?

View attachment 276768
Plastic rubber and or silicone

It is a little more challenging than cars circling a track... If you don't understand what is going on it's boring as hell, kind of like watching golf, soccer or rugby... It is just something else for the haters to hate on... Sad actually... Man has been competing since the beginning of time...
Golf has viewers because millions of people play golf and it`s a game that requires a high level of skill. Racing is dangerous but making left turns for a couple hours really is a snooze fest. When the drivers beat each other up after the race it`ll be on YouTube. I`ll watch it then.

IMO the lack of attendance has little to do with all left turns. It's that they all drive the exact same cookie cutter cars. People used to be able to root for their favorite brand. Now it may be called a Ford but it looks no different than the Toyota.

I quit watching years ago. I quit watching modern drag racing for the same reason. I spent last weekend at the vintage drag racing. Watching real cars do the quarter in 9-12 seconds is better than watching huge dollar generic cars running twice as fast.

Anyone can participate also.

For anyone who does not see the challenge of Nascar try driving a car 170 to 180 mph around a track with about 40 other cars all doing the same thing and see how easy it is. Every sport is easy if you break it down into the most simplistic terms possible when you break football down that way it's is really nothing more than tackle the guy with the ball.

Nobody of any intelligence is claiming it’s easy. Its even admirable.

But watching the same feat for 3 hours is dull in person and not much better on TV; doing it while the heat index is 100+ degrees can be deadly. Turn left, turn left, turn left, get passed by some guy named Jeff or Dale driving a billboard….then do it all over again next week. Hard pass.

Golf has viewers because millions of people play golf and it`s a game that requires a high level of skill. Racing is dangerous but making left turns for a couple hours really is a snooze fest. When the drivers beat each other up after the race it`ll be on YouTube. I`ll watch it then.

I’m reminded of something I heard on TV one time. A kid was being asked if he liked ice hockey…his response was “Too much skating between the fights"

IMO the lack of attendance has little to do with all left turns. It's that they all drive the exact same cookie cutter cars. People used to be able to root for their favorite brand. Now it may be called a Ford but it looks no different than the Toyota.

I quit watching years ago. I quit watching modern drag racing for the same reason. I spent last weekend at the vintage drag racing. Watching real cars do the quarter in 9-12 seconds is better than watching huge dollar generic cars running twice as fast.

Anyone can participate also.
Cars that look like billboards on wheels. It`s like watching a 3 hour commercial interrupted by commercials.

You mean people stay awake to watch golf on television?

For anyone who does not see the challenge of Nascar try driving a car 170 to 180 mph around a track with about 40 other cars all doing the same thing and see how easy it is. Every sport is easy if you break it down into the most simplistic terms possible when you break football down that way it's is really nothing more than tackle the guy with the ball.

Nobody of any intelligence is claiming it’s easy. Its even admirable.

But watching the same feat for 3 hours is dull in person and not much better on TV; doing it while the heat index is 100+ degrees can be deadly. Turn left, turn left, turn left, get passed by some guy named Jeff or Dale driving a billboard….then do it all over again next week. Hard pass.
You could say the same thing about, golf following guys around trying to hit a little ball in a hole or tennis watching people hit a ball back and fourth over net you can say that about any sport.

Yes indeed people stay awake to watch golf on television. Have you ever tried to golf at night?

If NASCAR thinks it can attract sissie inner city kids and transgender liberals who drive scooters and take the subway, by getting rid of "God guns and guts that made the Country great", it is running on empty.

Yes indeed people stay awake to watch golf on television. Have you ever tried to golf at night?

No.

It could also be that they are wanting to reduce the amount of politically charged advertisements and endorsements so that the focus is more on the sport than on what it does or doesn't support. I can't imagine that all companies want to wear their politics on their collective shoulders, especially in today's environment.

If NASCAR thinks it can attract sissie inner city kids and transgender liberals who drive scooters and take the subway, by getting rid of "God guns and guts that made the Country great", it is running on empty.

As already noted, NASCAR can't even keep it's traditional audience.

Forum List

Back