Is there a god?

That’s not how proof works, there’s no proof that these things happened. It’s up to you to prove that they did. So go for it, prove it.

You were called on it first. Sorry. You have to go first. You got challenged first.
There is no geologic proof of a 40 day worldwide flood, no proof that anyone got kangaroos from australia over to the Middle East and back again and no human has lived more than 120 years or so, and nobody can prove otherwise. To say that something can't be disproven therefore it's true is total bullshit and you know it.

The one thing that I can prove and unequivocally is that you are so desperate you've created strawman arguments against me.

But, you feel it necessary to keep coming back and responding to my every sentence. So, I'm studying what you're saying. Now that you are employing straw man arguments, who are really trying to convince? Me? Or YOU?
So where's your proof of a 40 day worldwide flood?

Yes, Noah's Flood May Have Happened, But Not Over the Whole Earth

Does ‘New Evidence’ Prove Noah’s Ark Is Buried on a Turkish Mountain?

New Evidence Suggests Biblical Great Flood Happened

Startling Evidence for Noah’s Flood
Evidence found of Noah's ark flood victims

Noah’s Ark PROOF: Boffins make HUGE discovery that ‘confirms Great Flood happened’

I do not endorse every conclusion by every person, but there is a sampling of the proof you asked for.

Taz, If you use the senses that you have not tapped into, you will find that God does speak to all men.

Have you ever heard of a mother that suddenly woke up in the middle of the night knowing that something terrible had happened to her son or daughter only to receive a call hours later confirming it?

You have senses that you have yet to tap into because if it don't fit YOUR personal definitions and presuppositions it doesn't exist. Yet the whole time you're oblivious as to what is happening all around you.
There’s no proof that that woman was contacted by god, it’s pure wishful thinking.

Again, you don't have any way of contradicting the facts.
It's not a fact until it can be proven.

You're here. That is all the facts I need.
That makes no sense, as per usual.

It would make sense if you would learn how to read.

God tossed Adam and Eve out of Eden for having hetero sex. I wouldn’t even have to wink.

You read the story and thats what you got out of it? God tossed Adam and Eve out of Eden for having hetero sex?

okey dokey..very funny, ha ha. But, Wait a minute! ... Where's your proof? lol... what a maroon!

Obviously you never understood the lessons in The Tale of the Puppet either..

If naughty boys remain on Pleasure Island for too long those donkeys ears are there to stay. (Pinocchio 3:14)

You are the proof.

Thems the breaks. You should have listened to the talking cricket. Ask any scientist.

I would say that I felt sorry for you if I did. Really, I would..

Adam and Eve get punished for disobeying God's command and atheists want to focus on it all being about sex???

They don't like going further into history for fear of being faced with the truth.
Hey, it's a made up story so I'm allowed to make stuff up as well, why do you get to have all the fun?

I haven't made anything up. I've given links to what archaeologists and other scientists say. They're pretty much satisfied with the account of Noah being true.

I wonder what you'd think if America broke out into a major world war and all this computer junk was destroyed. There was no more record of our existence as satellites were shot down, etc, and a hundred years later, even if someone found a hard drive, it would be like hieroglyphics to the modern archaeologists. People would then look to that body of circumstantial evidence and argue that you ever existed.

Being mostly trained in law, as a legal matter, the weight of evidence says the flood account IS true, not the dishonest way you present it, however. Science seems to be in agreement. If this were a flood thread, and it is not, I'd present many different hypotheses and introduce many witness accounts. But, you wouldn't know when you lost because you've closed the door as well as your mind.
What evidence shows that the flood is true? I've never seen any evidence for a 40 day worldwide flood. And no, scientists aren't satisfied enough to say that the story of Noah happened. You made that up. Your previous link only showed some scientists looking for evidence of a regional flood of not so great proportions that the story of Noah MIGHT BE BASED ON. Man, you live in a fantasy world.

You would deny that Trump is president if you could.

NOBODY is cherry picking stuff. Do you want to troll or have a civil conversation?

In my opinion, the flood was NOT worldwide. For one thing, the Chinese were aware of Noah; the flood overflowed the Tarim Basin and it was duly noted by Chinese historians.

Scientifically, if we presume the flood covered the entire earth - and use that to be synonymous with the planet, then the critics win. There are places where the rain would have to be six miles deep. We know that was not the case. Moses could only write about the land as he knew it. And so as far as the eye could see and far as people traveled in the time of Moses, everything was under water.

People are operating under this false assumption that the Bible was about all the men on earth; however, this is easily proven to be an error believers cannot accept. The Bible only claims to be about one people. Genesis 5 : 1 states: "This is the book of the generations of Adam." The Bible does not claim to be about the predecessors of Adam. The only relevance other people have in the Bible relative to Adam is when their paths crossed.

There are both literal and figurative truths in the Bible. The Bible, correctly interpreted, does not say that God created man in six "days" we understand the term; it does not say that that the flood covered the whole world.

The term earth comes from the Hebrew word ehrets and as used in Genesis and only means a common country, land, nations, wilderness... but never does it mean the entire planet.
So what about a flood that drowned everyone regionally for 40 days? No proof for that either. And the Chinese may have known about a flood but they didn't know about Noah.

So god made Adam out of nothing or was evolution involved?

You ARE cherry-picking because at some points you say "they didn't mean that" and at others you quote word for word. That, my friend, is called cherry-picking the bible.

You are not going to prevail by being dishonest. I said there are both literal and figurative truths in the Bible. And I've told you the writers were limited by the lack of knowledge - meaning they would not know that California existed, so how could they know it didn't get flooded?

The duty of a Christian is to know how to separate the figurative from the literal. It is NOT a process of cherry picking:

II Timothy 2: 14 and 15 reads:

"14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

And yes, the Chinese knew of Noah AND there are strong arguments that they knew Noah himself:

Migration to China
" I said there are both literal and figurative truths in the Bible."

That's called cherry-picking. Now you know.

And if you choose to not believe certain things in the bible as being true, how can you justify believing other parts to be true? Who decides? And how? By simply saying "this is stupid and can't have happened so it's figurative, but this part sounds like something someone could have said, so we go with it"? Flip a coin?
No. That is called intellectual honesty. The Bible has several literary types; allegorical, historical, law, poetic, prophetic, epistle and proverbial. I'm sure others may add or subtract to this list, but this is a pretty good start. When trying to understand the meaning of passages it is helpful to understand which literary type one is reading and also to place or read the passage in the proper historical light. Something that people who are intellectually dishonest don't do.

Taz knows better than to make the arguments he / she is making. But now there is an even better explanation for Bible interpretation. Thanks for the good job.
You guys are living in a fantasy world. None of the big stuff in the bible can be proven to have happened. Like seriously, you think that god poofed man into being? That's a seriously thick slice of nonsense. And that the earth was formed before the sun? It's completely unfounded and goes against all scientific knowledge.

So what about a flood that drowned everyone regionally for 40 days? No proof for that either. And the Chinese may have known about a flood but they didn't know about Noah.

You ARE cherry-picking because at some points you say "they didn't mean that" and at others you quote word for word. That, my friend, is called cherry-picking the bible.

You are not going to prevail by being dishonest. I said there are both literal and figurative truths in the Bible. And I've told you the writers were limited by the lack of knowledge - meaning they would not know that California existed, so how could they know it didn't get flooded?

The duty of a Christian is to know how to separate the figurative from the literal. It is NOT a process of cherry picking:

"14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

And yes, the Chinese knew of Noah AND there are strong arguments that they knew Noah himself:

Migration to China

And if you choose to not believe certain things in the bible as being true, how can you justify believing other parts to be true? Who decides? And how? By simply saying "this is stupid and can't have happened so it's figurative, but this part sounds like something someone could have said, so we go with it"? Flip a coin?
No. That is called intellectual honesty. The Bible has several literary types; allegorical, historical, law, poetic, prophetic, epistle and proverbial. I'm sure others may add or subtract to this list, but this is a pretty good start. When trying to understand the meaning of passages it is helpful to understand which literary type one is reading and also to place or read the passage in the proper historical light. Something that people who are intellectually dishonest don't do.

Taz knows better than to make the arguments he / she is making. But now there is an even better explanation for Bible interpretation. Thanks for the good job.
You guys are living in a fantasy world. None of the big stuff in the bible can be proven to have happened. Like seriously, you think that god poofed man into being? That's a seriously thick slice of nonsense. And that the earth was formed before the sun? It's completely unfounded and goes against all scientific knowledge.
You have to differentiate between what superstitious and irrational people claim and whats actually written.

It does not say that God poofed man into existence.

He was formed by God from the dust of the earth who breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and then became a living being.

You really have to read more carefully and think more deeply of you ever hope to become a living being yourself.

That’s not how proof works, there’s no proof that these things happened. It’s up to you to prove that they did. So go for it, prove it.

You were called on it first. Sorry. You have to go first. You got challenged first.
There is no geologic proof of a 40 day worldwide flood, no proof that anyone got kangaroos from australia over to the Middle East and back again and no human has lived more than 120 years or so, and nobody can prove otherwise. To say that something can't be disproven therefore it's true is total bullshit and you know it.

The one thing that I can prove and unequivocally is that you are so desperate you've created strawman arguments against me.

But, you feel it necessary to keep coming back and responding to my every sentence. So, I'm studying what you're saying. Now that you are employing straw man arguments, who are really trying to convince? Me? Or YOU?

Noah’s Ark PROOF: Boffins make HUGE discovery that ‘confirms Great Flood happened’

I do not endorse every conclusion by every person, but there is a sampling of the proof you asked for.
"New Evidence Suggests Biblical Great Flood Happened" this one does not say that it's proof of Noah, just of a possible flood. And not worldwide, not even regional as it didn't cover everything in the region, and not for 40 days. Sure, floods happened all the time, still do, but not proof of Noah in any way that I could tell.

"Does ‘New Evidence’ Prove Noah’s Ark Is Buried on a Turkish Mountain?" This one seems completely made up, if they found a boat high on a mountain, where are the pictures?

"Startling Evidence for Noah’s Flood" This is about the grand canyon, which real scientists concur that it wasn't made by a worldwide flood sent by an invisible being to kill nearly everyone on earth.

And I'm sure your other links are just as baseless in science.

There’s no proof that that woman was contacted by god, it’s pure wishful thinking.

Everything with you folks is a secret code. Must make you feel important.

You read the story and thats what you got out of it? God tossed Adam and Eve out of Eden for having hetero sex?

okey dokey..very funny, ha ha. But, Wait a minute! ... Where's your proof? lol... what a maroon!

Obviously you never understood the lessons in The Tale of the Puppet either..

If naughty boys remain on Pleasure Island for too long those donkeys ears are there to stay. (Pinocchio 3:14)

You are the proof.

Thems the breaks. You should have listened to the talking cricket. Ask any scientist.

I would say that I felt sorry for you if I did. Really, I would..

Adam and Eve get punished for disobeying God's command and atheists want to focus on it all being about sex???

They don't like going further into history for fear of being faced with the truth.
Hey, it's a made up story so I'm allowed to make stuff up as well, why do you get to have all the fun?

I haven't made anything up. I've given links to what archaeologists and other scientists say. They're pretty much satisfied with the account of Noah being true.

I wonder what you'd think if America broke out into a major world war and all this computer junk was destroyed. There was no more record of our existence as satellites were shot down, etc, and a hundred years later, even if someone found a hard drive, it would be like hieroglyphics to the modern archaeologists. People would then look to that body of circumstantial evidence and argue that you ever existed.

Being mostly trained in law, as a legal matter, the weight of evidence says the flood account IS true, not the dishonest way you present it, however. Science seems to be in agreement. If this were a flood thread, and it is not, I'd present many different hypotheses and introduce many witness accounts. But, you wouldn't know when you lost because you've closed the door as well as your mind.
What evidence shows that the flood is true? I've never seen any evidence for a 40 day worldwide flood. And no, scientists aren't satisfied enough to say that the story of Noah happened. You made that up. Your previous link only showed some scientists looking for evidence of a regional flood of not so great proportions that the story of Noah MIGHT BE BASED ON. Man, you live in a fantasy world.

You would deny that Trump is president if you could.
So you have no proper response. Your concession is duly noted.

Migration to China

You have to differentiate between what superstitious and irrational people claim and whats actually written.

He was formed by God from the dust of the earth who breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and then became a living being.

You really have to read more carefully and think more deeply of you ever hope to become a living being yourself.
"He was formed by God from the dust of the earth who breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and then became a living being." If that's really how you think man came into being then ipso fatso, you live in a total fantasy world. And I'm sure that you realize it now.

Most of the OT and all of the NT were written either during or after oppression and conquest when their enemies tried to impose their way of life on the authors.

As in any counterculture, they wrote in code. As intelligent and sophisticated in writing as they were, they also cursed the enemy at the same time they blessed whoever was in the wise.

Why is that so hard to believe?

Migration to China

Scientific knowledge according to a mortal man???

In your dishonest desperation to deny even the possibility of a God, you accuse every believer of "cherry picking." When that don't work out for you, you then ascribe your own interpretations to certain words and phrases. If God thundered down from the Heavens and admonished you, you would STILL deny his existence.

But I am confident that if others are paying attention and checking out the links, they will find you are blowing smoke on this one. Saying you were wrong wouldn't begin to cover it.

Archaeologist claims evidence of Noah’s biblical flood

"New Evidence Suggests Biblical Great Flood Happened" this one does not say that it's proof of Noah, just of a possible flood. And not worldwide, not even regional as it didn't cover everything in the region, and not for 40 days. Sure, floods happened all the time, still do, but not proof of Noah in any way that I could tell.

"Does ‘New Evidence’ Prove Noah’s Ark Is Buried on a Turkish Mountain?" This one seems completely made up, if they found a boat high on a mountain, where are the pictures?

"Startling Evidence for Noah’s Flood" This is about the grand canyon, which real scientists concur that it wasn't made by a worldwide flood sent by an invisible being to kill nearly everyone on earth.

Now you're being a liar. Hate to have to say it, but I TOLD YOU I DO NOT SUPPORT THE WORLD WIDE FLOOD THEORY.

"He was formed by God from the dust of the earth who breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and then became a living being." If that's really how you think man came into being then ipso fatso, you live in a total fantasy world. And I'm sure that you realize it now.

The story is just about higher intelligences trying to educated a dumb animal taken from the wild with little to no success and then returned to where he was taken from.

If you keep thinking that I am trying to justify a belief in how the first human came into being fantasy, even after I told you time and time again that I am not, you are at best not too swift.,

It comes across like brain damage.

Migration to China

You live in a fantasy world, unable to read, unable to use critical thinking skills, unable to read the links provided.

It's as if you need entertainment and attention more than information. Obviously you don't have a life and when you started using straw man arguments, you lost me.

When you can disprove history, come back and see us. This back and forth with you ignoring the evidence is not productive.

Most of the OT and all of the NT were written either during or after oppression and conquest when their enemies tried to impose their way of life on the authors.

As in any counterculture, they wrote in code. As intelligent and sophisticated in writing as they were, they also cursed the enemy at the same time they blessed whoever was in the wise.

Why is that so hard to believe?
Because it doesn't even seem plausible that the bible is some sort of code book to find an invisible being. It would make a good science fiction movie, but in real life, it makes no logical sense.

Migration to China

Scientific knowledge according to a mortal man???

In your dishonest desperation to deny even the possibility of a God, you accuse every believer of "cherry picking." When that don't work out for you, you then ascribe your own interpretations to certain words and phrases. If God thundered down from the Heavens and admonished you, you would STILL deny his existence.

But I am confident that if others are paying attention and checking out the links, they will find you are blowing smoke on this one. Saying you were wrong wouldn't begin to cover it.

Archaeologist claims evidence of Noah’s biblical flood
If YOU could read, you'd know that I'm agnostic, as I see no proof for or against the possibility of a god, and am open to changing my mind either way given real proof, whatever it is. But so far I haven't found anything that proves that a god exists, or that proves that a 40 days flood covered the whole world, or even all of the Middle East, if you're one of those regionalist flood apologists.

Now you're being a liar. Hate to have to say it, but I TOLD YOU I DO NOT SUPPORT THE WORLD WIDE FLOOD THEORY.
But the flood created the Grand Canyon? That's what one of your nutty links said.

The story is just about higher intelligences trying to educated a dumb animal taken from the wild with little to no success and then returned to where he was taken from.

If you keep thinking that I am trying to justify a belief in how the first human came into being fantasy, even after I told you time and time again that I am not, you are at best not too swift.,

And the sane guy is the one who believes this: "He was formed by God from the dust of the earth who breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and then became a living being."?

And the sane guy is the one who believes this: "He was formed by God from the dust of the earth who breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and then became a living being."?
What I believe is not directly connected to the literal meaning of the words used like coded language that just flew right over your pointy little head.

Migration to China

You live in a fantasy world, unable to read, unable to use critical thinking skills, unable to read the links provided.

It's as if you need entertainment and attention more than information. Obviously you don't have a life and when you started using straw man arguments, you lost me.

When you can disprove history, come back and see us. This back and forth with you ignoring the evidence is not productive.
You have no real evidence and you know it, that's why you're getting upset. Can you prove that Noah lived for 600 years or more? Can you prove that the flood you claimed was The ONE covered the whole region over the mountain tops for 40 days? And no one has found Noah's boat, despite your fake site of Christians so desperate for it to be true that they made up a whole website for it...

Forum List

Back