Is This Movie Quote True?

Sorry to burst your bubble...but not true.All men, regardless of character, when seeing an attractive female would like to have sex with her. Friends or no friends. It isn't something we can just shut off. Doesn't work that way.They are honorable because they don't bring it up, but it is there.It is always there
`
`

I'm sorry you feel that way but if that's your opinion, then so be it.

How about this one:

Harry: You meet someone, you have the safe lunch, you decide you like each other enough to move on to dinner. You go dancing, you do the white-man's over-bite, go back to her place, you have sex and the minute you're finished you know what goes through your mind? How long do I have to lie here and hold her before I can get up and go home. Is thirty seconds enough?
30 seconds? That seems like a really long time.

Harry: What I'm saying is — and this is not a come-on in any way, shape or form — is that men and women can't be friends because the sex part always gets in the way.
`
`

No. It's the old-time males that always associate sex to a relationship. I have a lot a male friends where sex never gets brought up nor is there a tension that way. The same applies to the men I know over 50, but these are honorable men of good character.

Sorry to burst your bubble...but not true.
All men, regardless of character, when seeing an attractive female would like to have sex with her. Friends or no friends. It isn't something we can just shut off. Doesn't work that way.
They are honorable because they don't bring it up, but it is there.
It is always there
Agree but most men control those urges, and certainly honorable MARRIED men do. We think about it, but do not act.

I have long thought this 'control' by most men, does not get the respect and recognition it should.

Well if it's true that it's on the mind with pretty much ever female, it's a good thing because nothing else would ever get done!

Would you be willing to stick around for longer than 30 seconds if there were two women?

Harry: What I'm saying is — and this is not a come-on in any way, shape or form — is that men and women can't be friends because the sex part always gets in the way.
`
`

No. It's the old-time males that always associate sex to a relationship. I have a lot a male friends where sex never gets brought up nor is there a tension that way. The same applies to the men I know over 50, but these are honorable men of good character.

All men, regardless of character, when seeing an attractive female would like to have sex with her. Friends or no friends. It isn't something we can just shut off. Doesn't work that way.
It is always there
Agree but most men control those urges, and certainly honorable MARRIED men do. We think about it, but do not act.

I have long thought this 'control' by most men, does not get the respect and recognition it should.

Of course. And despite all the ridiculous "me too" going around every other day, most men control themselves quite well.

I have to find the source but that has been written about often, DH Lawrence, for one I think. Friendship between a man and woman is impossible because of sex but then suppose one or the other is gay? Funny as I knew several gay men who have great relationships with women and even their moms. But I've had several women friends when working full time, my wife didn't seem to mind. As you grow older the hormones change too. LOL

Men and Women Can't Be "Just Friends"

Found it: “Love between man and woman is impossible because there must not be sexual intercourse, and friendship between man and woman is impossible because there must be sexual intercourse.” James Joyce, Dubliners

And this:

Opinion | A Man. A Woman. Just Friends?

Last edited:
Sorry to burst your bubble...but not true.All men, regardless of character, when seeing an attractive female would like to have sex with her. Friends or no friends. It isn't something we can just shut off. Doesn't work that way.They are honorable because they don't bring it up, but it is there.It is always there
`
`

As a woman, you would have to be in the mind of a man to really know.

Agree but most men control those urges, and certainly honorable MARRIED men do.

I've always relied on oral contraception.

Every time I ask a woman to go to bed with me she says, 'No'.

`
`

It is always there

Of course. And despite all the ridiculous "me too" going around every other day, most men control themselves quite well.
Exactly.

`
`

lol..... you will think differently a few years down the road.

I have to find the source but that has been written about often, DH Lawrence, for one I think. Friendship between a man and woman is impossible because of sex but then suppose one or the other is gay? Funny as I knew several gay men who have great relationships with women and even their moms. But I've had several women friends when working full time, my wife didn't seem to mind. As you grow older the hormones change too. LOL

Men and Women Can't Be "Just Friends"

Found it:

“Love between man and woman is impossible because there must not be sexual intercourse, and friendship between man and woman is impossible because there must be sexual intercourse.” James Joyce, Dubliners

Those aren't "real" men... she didn't SEEM to mind, well... that's not the point really, it's how your mind worked, did a thought every briefly pass? A vision of someone topless etc.

`
`

As a woman, you would have to be in the mind of a man to really know.
So true. Many women do not understand the male mind, just as many men do not understand the female mind. Some women think ALL men are like dogs, constantly on the hunt for pussy. Some men are, but they are few.

So true. Many women do not understand the male mind, just as many men do not understand the female mind. Some women think ALL men are like dogs, constantly on the hunt for pussy. Some men are, but they are few.

And they are usually idiots

So, any man and woman claiming to be "Just friends" is a lie?
Even if it's not an "in person" friendship?(e.g. on line?)
It will depend on several things.

1. Age of the people
2. Looks of the people
3. Attitudes of the people

`
`

Todays man isn't even close to the men of old. Many men today are pussified so women can have a chance for equality..

american-manhood.jpg

Forum List

Back