Is This Movie Quote True?

I specifically remember participating in this exact same thread with the same "Harry Met Sally" movie quotes, and had a man absolutely freak out on me because I said he was being dishonest when he said he could remain "just friends" with a woman he was sexually attracted to. :D

Online, it is another story. You are not with that person in a physical way, so an online relationship is going to be easier (at least on the man's end), and that's my opinion.

Anyone want to argue about that? :)
...but don't you believe ALL men are pigs?

Yes, because you ARE! Oink oink.
If I am, then you do believe all men are pigs.

Are you going to sit there and tell me that you aren't? Come on. I know guys and how they think. :D

I specifically remember participating in this exact same thread with the same "Harry Met Sally" movie quotes, and had a man absolutely freak out on me because I said he was being dishonest when he said he could remain "just friends" with a woman he was sexually attracted to. :D

Online, it is another story. You are not with that person in a physical way, so an online relationship is going to be easier (at least on the man's end), and that's my opinion.

That's what I'M saying!
Well then, you are admitting you are a fool.

That's what I'M saying!
Well then, you are admitting you are a fool.

Oh I'm sorry. We have another "special" man here who doesn't think about sex with good looking women that he is attracted to and exposed to on a daily basis. :D

Are you going to sit there and tell me that you aren't? Come on. I know guys and how they think. :D
Just because your personnel experience with men is bad, does not mean all men are. It might have something to do with YOU.

Just because your personnel experience with men is bad, does not mean all men are. It might have something to do with YOU.

It has nothing to do with me. It has to do with biology and men and how they are "programmed" by their hormones.

Yeah, it must be because I'm SOO sexxxxxxxyyyy! :p

That's just how men (or most men - who are still able to be sexual) are. They can't help it that they have an over-exaggerated sex drive. I don't hate them because of it. It is what it is. :dunno:

That's just how men (or most men - who are still able to be sexual) are. They can't help it that they have an over-exaggerated sex drive. I don't hate them because of it. It is what it is. :dunno:
Okay then.

We are in agreement.

If the man is not attracted to the woman, then they can be friends, no problems. It's when he finds her attractive which, less face it, most men are not THAT picky (and not nearly as picky as they pretend to be), then they are going to be thinking of her in a sexual way.

If the man is not attracted to the woman, then they can be friends, no problems. It's when he finds her attractive which, less face it, most men are not THAT picky (and not nearly as picky as they pretend to be), then they are going to be thinking of her in a sexual way.

Exactly.
I have gals I work with that I certainly consider friends. I have no sexual thoughts of them at all, buuut they are not at all attractive to me. So it isn't there.
I can obviously also be friends with women I am attracted to, but the thoughts are there. I would never act on them, only jerks do that.
But it is naive to believe, as a woman, that "better" men don't look at them that way. That is absurd. Of course we do.
And every single man who says otherwise is simply lying and attempting to make himself stand out.

Exactly.
I have gals I work with that I certainly consider friends. I have no sexual thoughts of them at all, buuut they are not at all attractive to me. So it isn't there.
I can obviously also be friends with women I am attracted to, but the thoughts are there. I would never act on them, only jerks do that.
But it is naive to believe, as a woman, that "better" men don't look at them that way. That is absurd. Of course we do.
And every single man who says otherwise is simply lying and attempting to make himself stand out.

Well, I suppose there could be those people out there who have a "different" sex drive. I have heard about people (I don't know how many MEN that includes though) who can't have sex with a person unless they feel an emotional connection, so there are those people to consider, but they are certainly not the norm! The normal heterosexual man is going to think in a sexual way about women who he is sexually attracted to, and that is just a fact, and it doesn't take all THAT much for a man to be sexually attracted to a woman if she is halfway decent looking. :D

I remember the first time I noticed a "grandpa" checking me out. I was mortified. Yes, even grandpas have sexual thoughts. Seriously, I never had considered that before. :D

Yet you are now? :rolleyes:

Omy. This reminds me of when I was in line with my ex's niece at the scrap yard. Yes, she's attractive and has ample T & A, but I'm used to her and don't see her like that because I know how much of a harpy she is. Anyway, all the black guys are looking at her ass. :badgrin:

I'm like "Oh geez, am I gonna have to stand for my GF's niece's honor?" :mad:

When she's a raging slut anyway, but I have to, cause she's like family?o_O

I remember the first time I noticed a "grandpa" checking me out. I was mortified. Yes, even grandpas have sexual thoughts. Seriously, I never had considered that before. :D

Omy. This reminds me of when I was in line with my ex's niece at the scrap yard. Yes, she's attractive and has ample T & A, but I'm used to her and don't see her like that because I know how much of a harpy she is. Anyway, all the black guys are looking at her ass. :badgrin:

We aren't talking about being sexually attracted to your female family members.

Are you from the mountains in Tennessee? :D Lol!

No. It was my GF's niece. The one whose mom we (used to) go and hang out with on the weekends.

Geez, I knew her mom for 10 years before I met the sister that I fell for. Her husband, too.

No. It was my GF's niece. The one whose mom we (used to) go and hang out with on the weekends.

Geez, I knew her mom for 10 years before I met the sister that I fell for. Her husband, too.

Well, if you were around her when she was a child in a "family" sort of way, then of course you would see her as a family member, even if you don't really like her much.

Well if it's true that it's on the mind with pretty much ever female, it's a good thing because nothing else would ever get done!
`
`

You are deviating from your own question. Yes, FRIENDSHIP is possible without sex or the mention of sex. Unless I'm mistaken, the "sex drive" is an inherent part of being human, meaning men and women. I assumed that was common knowledge. My mistake. Animals act in instinctual sex drive. Most humans have a intellect and are not limited by instinct.
I think the point is that it's in men all the time, not so with women, so a friendship in the truest sense, is not possible

The fact that sexuality plays in human psychology is mundane; so does economics. In fact, it is probably easier for a man to be 'just friends' with a woman than it is for individuals from two very different income levels.

Forum List

Back