Is This Movie Quote True?

“Love between man and woman is impossible because there must not be sexual intercourse, and friendship between man and woman is impossible because there must be sexual intercourse.” James Joyce, Dubliners

Love is a choice ultimately. Women continue to love and/or be infatuated after sex, just not men as much... if at all

Well if it's true that it's on the mind with pretty much ever female, it's a good thing because nothing else would ever get done!
`
`

You are deviating from your own question. Yes, FRIENDSHIP is possible without sex or the mention of sex. Unless I'm mistaken, the "sex drive" is an inherent part of being human, meaning men and women. I assumed that was common knowledge. My mistake. Animals act in instinctual sex drive. Most humans have a intellect and are not limited by instinct.

Sorry to burst your bubble...but not true.All men, regardless of character, when seeing an attractive female would like to have sex with her. Friends or no friends. It isn't something we can just shut off. Doesn't work that way.They are honorable because they don't bring it up, but it is there.It is always there
`
`

I'm sorry you feel that way but if that's your opinion, then so be it.

lol..... you will think differently a few years down the road.

or talk to very very honest men........ some men are very honest and because what they say sounds outrageous women blow them off or ignore them. Some like their fantasy world in tact.

So true. Many women do not understand the male mind, just as many men do not understand the female mind. Some women think ALL men are like dogs, constantly on the hunt for pussy. Some men are, but they are few.

And they are usually idiots
So true.

I worked in an industry that became predominately populated by women. I knew several married guys who cheated on their wives with women in the office. Most of them really got screwed. One guy in particularly lost his marriage after cheating, and he didn't have enough money to go out to lunch. We made so much fun of him...he had to brown bag every day and lived in a shit hole. The wife took him for everything.

Todays man isn't even close to the men of old. Many men today are pussified so women can have a chance for equality..

The world wants to make everyone "asexual" - striving for equality. Not celebrating differences, and totally fucking with nature

Sorry to burst your bubble...but not true.All men, regardless of character, when seeing an attractive female would like to have sex with her. Friends or no friends. It isn't something we can just shut off. Doesn't work that way.They are honorable because they don't bring it up, but it is there.It is always there
`
`

As a woman, you would have to be in the mind of a man to really know.
So true. Many women do not understand the male mind, just as many men do not understand the female mind. Some women think ALL men are like dogs, constantly on the hunt for pussy. Some men are, but they are few.

It's not so much the "HUNT" as the fleeting thoughts. It's nature, not piggishness though

Oh geez. I remember I participated in this exact same thread a couple of years ago Bonzi. Did you forget the answers you got the last time?

It's always good to get fresh answers.. new people.. etc. You have a problem with it? Why if so?

Man doesn't want sex with good looking woman? Hmmm, he must a have jealous boyfriend, no?

Oh geez. I remember I participated in this exact same thread a couple of years ago Bonzi. Did you forget the answers you got the last time?
she's flaming, all over the board in her veiled psychopathic way as always. check out the flame zone, you'll see.

i have lots of chicks that are friends - some personalities dont even compel me to think of them as sexual, more-so a buddy type person and a camaraderie.

this thread was born of an obsession

I specifically remember participating in this exact same thread with the same "Harry Met Sally" movie quotes, and had a man absolutely freak out on me because I said he was being dishonest when he said he could remain "just friends" with a woman he was sexually attracted to. :D

Online, it is another story. You are not with that person in a physical way, so an online relationship is going to be easier (at least on the man's end), and that's my opinion.

Anyone want to argue about that? :)

I specifically remember participating in this exact same thread with the same "Harry Met Sally" movie quotes, and had a man absolutely freak out on me because I said he was being dishonest when he said he could remain "just friends" with a woman he was sexually attracted to. :D

Online, it is another story. You are not with that person in a physical way, so an online relationship is going to be easier (at least on the man's end), and that's my opinion.

...but don't you believe ALL men are pigs?

`
`

Well, that may be what they tell you, or they may not say anything at all about it to you, but if they are red-blooded heterosexual men and they find you the least bit attractive, then they are thinking about your tits and your ass, what do you look like naked? How good are you in bed (IOW, do you suck dick?), etc. :rolleyes:

Yes, because you ARE! Oink oink.

Well, that may be what they tell you, or they may not say anything at all about it to you, but if they are red-blooded heterosexual men and they find you the least bit attractive, then they are thinking about your tits and your ass, what do you look like naked? How good are you in bed (IOW, do you suck dick?), etc. :rolleyes:
`
`

Read post #43 - Is This Movie Quote True? for your reply.

If I am, then you do believe all men are pigs.

Well if it's true that it's on the mind with pretty much ever female, it's a good thing because nothing else would ever get done!
`
`

You are deviating from your own question. Yes, FRIENDSHIP is possible without sex or the mention of sex. Unless I'm mistaken, the "sex drive" is an inherent part of being human, meaning men and women. I assumed that was common knowledge. My mistake. Animals act in instinctual sex drive. Most humans have a intellect and are not limited by instinct.

Okay, now THAT I can agree with. It is possible to have a friendship, although the man will always being thinking about you in a sexual way. That is just how it is. Men want to hump everything. End of story.

If I am, then you do believe all men are pigs.

That's what I'M saying!

Forum List

Back