Is this racist?

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Well, here in Amarillo, there is a new restaurant opening up, and it's causing a bit of a stir here in town. The local evening news just reported that a white lawyer named Jesse Quackenbush has opened up a new restaurant that serves fancy bean dishes, burritos and coffee, and has named it "The Big Beaner". He says that it's not racist, and that it is a humorous way to advertise the food that they serve.

Unfortunately for him, Amarillo has a large Hispanic population, and one of the racial slurs used against Mexicans is to call them "beaners", a reference to the fact that their diet includes beans as one of their main foods.

So, I already know what some people's opinions are about this place, I've posted a link that a DJ here wrote. Unfortunately, the local news doesn't have this up on their website yet, so when I can get a news story, I will post that link as well.

I believe one should be able to be a dumbass if they so wish. ;) We'll see if he gets enough consumers to stay in business.

Well, here in Amarillo, there is a new restaurant opening up, and it's causing a bit of a stir here in town. The local evening news just reported that a white lawyer named Jesse Quackenbush has opened up a new restaurant that serves fancy bean dishes, burritos and coffee, and has named it "The Big Beaner". He says that it's not racist, and that it is a humorous way to advertise the food that they serve.

Unfortunately for him, Amarillo has a large Hispanic population, and one of the racial slurs used against Mexicans is to call them "beaners", a reference to the fact that their diet includes beans as one of their main foods.

So, I already know what some people's opinions are about this place, I've posted a link that a DJ here wrote. Unfortunately, the local news doesn't have this up on their website yet, so when I can get a news story, I will post that link as well.

I'm not seeing the problem,,,

he serves bean dish's and named it the big beaner,,,sounds appropriate,,,

The constant questions, accusations and pondering about racism is the best proof that diversity doesn't work - and will not ever work.

Last edited:

That's a colossally stupid name in Texas.

I'm not seeing the problem,,,

he serves bean dish's and named it the big beaner,,,sounds appropriate,,,
It's only offensive to leftist white folks

You’ll likely get those who will engage in semantics sophistry and argue that ‘Hispanic’ is not a race, but an ethnic group, and the restaurant’s name is therefore not ‘racist.’

Such nonsense aside, the name is clearly offensive, bigoted, and hateful.

Yep, just a TAD bit racist. But it IS his restaurant, and if he doesn't do good business BECAUSE of his racism, it's ALL on HIS racist ass.

Yep, just a TAD bit racist. But it IS his restaurant, and if he doesn't do good business BECAUSE of his racism, it's ALL on HIS racist ass.
How is it racist?

I don't think the name will hurt the restaurant's business. Because the local mexican people aren't going eat their daily intake of beans at a place ran by white people. ... :cool:
I think Sunni Man is right, they're going to the taqueria.
I think it's a poor choice for a name and will probably fail, even if the food is good.
If it succeeds, it's because yuppies and hipsters go there.

How is it racist?
'Beaner" IS a racist term to describe those of Mexican heritage.

Yeah, and while we're at it let's change Cracker Barrel's name too. As stated above it's mostly white radical leftist ideologues who take mock offense and virtue signal. This is America. If I want to open a place and call it 'Greaser's' I sure as hell shall. I'd tell you how fucking soul taken pathetic you priests of political correctness are but you already know. It's only you who must deal with the reflections of your souls everyday.

Years ago there was a construction company here in south Mexifornia with the name "White Boy Construction Services"...everybody I knew hired them...I'm sure many thought the name was racist.

I lived and worked in El Paso, Texas for a couple of years a long time ago. The place has a large mexican population. They called white people gringoes and we called them beaners. Everyone used the terms. It wasn't a big deal. ... :cool:

Last edited:
Years ago there was a construction company here in south Mexifornia with the name "White Boy Construction Services"...everybody I knew hired them...I'm sure many thought the name was racist.
That's better than calling the company Black Boy Construction. Many Blacks are offended when called "Boy".

Forum List

Back