Is Tom Cruise one of those wise, sage movie icons who stands the test of time?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
He does his own stunts. Is polite and patient with interviewers. Wisely doesn't get involved in politics (at least from what I can tell) and if he does he isn't loud about it. He does Top Gun II and even in the face of Communist banning in China, crushes the market at $1.5B.

Always one of those guys who stays top of mind as a blockbuster star and even with minor controversies, just rolls along unabated.

He might also be the closest thing to the Worlds Most Interesting Man at the age of 60.

Worth $600M for a career of playing Make Believe and always being a box office draw. Not bad.

Last edited:
Tom Cruises career should have ended when he could no longer do teen roles, then when he was too old to do action roles.

But he hangs in there

I like the fact that Cruise doesn't dabble in politics like many of his fellow actors.

That's huge, especially in modern times.

I admit he has some weak movies and probably does have an ego like most big stars, but he also seems to be very cerebral. There aren't nearly enough actors who are deep thinkers at least in their public personas. Those who are, all seem to be superior actors. That probably isn't by accident.

He does his own stunts. Is polite and patient with interviewers. Wisely doesn't get involved in politics (at least from what I can tell) and if he does he isn't loud about it. He does Top Gun II and even in the face of Communist banning in China, crushes the market at $1.5B.

Always one of those guys who stays top of mind as a blockbuster star and even with minor controversies, just rolls along unabated.

He might also be the closest thing to the Worlds Most Interesting Man at the age of 60.

Worth $600M for a career of playing Make Believe and always being a box office draw. Not bad.
He actually has a pilots license and flies one of these. I am so jelly.

Forum List

Back