Is violent crime a major political issue?

I do not think that Jo Jorgensen cares what happens on Tuesday.

Nor do I. My life will not change one iota except the stupid political text and ads will stop, which is a win.
I don't believe you... if you didn't care you wouldn't be on here every damn day 24-7.... and I can't wait to rub it in.....

Yes some, at a percentage point or maybe 2? But in close elections like today, that could really matter....?
I watched a room full of people in a town hall setting and I'm here to tell ya... the dems are losing the black vote.... many democrat voters have had enough of Biden....

Crime is a local issue, generally speaking. It could be blacks may be more concerned about crime when voting for local politicians. Of course voting for Rs isn't likely to fix things.

Here is a good column on how crime has exploded in black communities since COVID.

The Floyd Effect - Taki's Magazine

Where is IM2 to deny this???

CRIME

The Floyd Effect

Steve Sailer

November 02, 2022

View attachment 720719
View attachment 720720
Indeed, one reason states with lots of black murderers like Mississippi and Alabama are so reliably Republican is because whites feel they need to stick together to avoid letting law and order be lost to steadfast Democrat blacks. From 2018 to 2019, blacks were 9.8 times more likely than whites to die by homicide, which is a lot.

As nation-builder Lee Kuan Yew skeptically observed about our sacred value of Diversity: “In multiracial societies, you don’t vote in accordance with your economic interests and social interests, you vote in accordance with race and religion.”

In contrast, in nearly all white (and heavily armed) Vermont, it’s safer to vote for liberals because voters aren’t at much risk from crime. On the other hand, highly conservative Idaho, to the surprise of Wire showrunner David Simon, is about as safe as Vermont. It’s nice to have the luxury that Vermont and Idaho voters enjoy to express their inner feelings at the ballot box, but Mississippians do not experience that freedom.

There don’t appear to be any big cities with high white homicide rates, other than perhaps in Missouri and Indiana, although that could be due to blacks victimizing whites.

My point is not that any single policy set off the vast wave of shootings two years ago, but that the zeitgeist went insane in the last week of May 2020, with horrific consequences. As my June 3, 2020, column was headlined, it was “The Bonfire of the Insanities” as the Establishment egged on looters, arsonists, and murderers in the name of anti-racism.

It’s time for some consequences.

Granted, electing a different set of politicians is unlikely to make things all that much better, but at least it sends a message.

Crime is a local issue, generally speaking. It could be blacks may be more concerned about crime when voting for local politicians. Of course voting for Rs isn't likely to fix things.

Here is a good column on how crime has exploded in black communities since COVID.

The Floyd Effect - Taki's Magazine

Where is IM2 to deny this???

CRIME

The Floyd Effect

Steve Sailer

November 02, 2022

View attachment 720719
View attachment 720720
Indeed, one reason states with lots of black murderers like Mississippi and Alabama are so reliably Republican is because whites feel they need to stick together to avoid letting law and order be lost to steadfast Democrat blacks. From 2018 to 2019, blacks were 9.8 times more likely than whites to die by homicide, which is a lot.

As nation-builder Lee Kuan Yew skeptically observed about our sacred value of Diversity: “In multiracial societies, you don’t vote in accordance with your economic interests and social interests, you vote in accordance with race and religion.”

In contrast, in nearly all white (and heavily armed) Vermont, it’s safer to vote for liberals because voters aren’t at much risk from crime. On the other hand, highly conservative Idaho, to the surprise of Wire showrunner David Simon, is about as safe as Vermont. It’s nice to have the luxury that Vermont and Idaho voters enjoy to express their inner feelings at the ballot box, but Mississippians do not experience that freedom.

There don’t appear to be any big cities with high white homicide rates, other than perhaps in Missouri and Indiana, although that could be due to blacks victimizing whites.

My point is not that any single policy set off the vast wave of shootings two years ago, but that the zeitgeist went insane in the last week of May 2020, with horrific consequences. As my June 3, 2020, column was headlined, it was “The Bonfire of the Insanities” as the Establishment egged on looters, arsonists, and murderers in the name of anti-racism.

It’s time for some consequences.

Granted, electing a different set of politicians is unlikely to make things all that much better, but at least it sends a message.
Most of the crime are in major cities and most major cities are owned by democrats, even in red states.

Blacks are more concerned because they live in black areas where crime is the worst.

The monopoly the DNC has on major cities I think is helping to drive this.

So why is crime worse in black neighborhoods? I think a driving force is single parent homes. Kids find their father figures on the streets as girls having babies are unable to escape poverty.

Of course, most democrats would just blame whitey and the GOP.

I watched a room full of people in a town hall setting and I'm here to tell ya... the dems are losing the black vote.... many democrat voters have had enough of Biden....
Blacks generally won’t vote rather than vote R.

Forum List

Back