🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

ISIS Militants Use 'Jihadi Cool' to Recruit Globally

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
This is one of the bad things about the Internet -- the ability of these monsters to recruit others to join them.

ISIS Militants Use 'Jihadi Cool' to Recruit Globally

Fighters with the militant group Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL, also called ISIS by some) wave flags as they take part in a military parade along the streets of Raqqa province, northern Syria, June 30, 2014.

Sharon Behn
September 05, 2014 5:39 PM

Along with its fast moving and brutal militant conquest of land in eastern Syria and northwestern Iraq, the Islamic State extremist group has a phenomenal virtual capacity through social media.

According to Staffan Truve, an analyst with Recorded Future, a group that monitors Twitter and other social media, this summer there were more than 60,000 accounts talking about the Islamic State extremists in a positive way.

Multiply that by an average account’s retweets, and the group’s use of other social media including an Android app, and hundreds of thousands of people are receiving the Islamic State message, Truve says.

Continue reading at:

ISIS Militants Use Jihadi Cool to Recruit Globally?

153120_600.jpg

Dude that runs the promo team is out of Boston. I'd put him up there with "highly successful". Those that want to brand this team on IS as just a batch of losers better wake up quick.

They don't believe in 72 virgins. They haven't come out of a cave. They are into power. And they are smart sons of bitches.

Dude that runs the promo team is out of Boston. I'd put him up there with "highly successful". Those that want to brand this team on IS as just a batch of losers better wake up quick.

They don't believe in 72 virgins. They haven't come out of a cave. They are into power. And they are smart sons of bitches.

Islamic State and the appeal of 72 Virgins-in-waiting Video games boredom and the lack of future prospects RT Op-Edge

They are having a blast. And loving it.

Islamic State and the appeal of 72 Virgins-in-waiting Video games boredom and the lack of future prospects RT Op-Edge

Get up to speed will you?

OH that article was so funny:

beheaded by a veiled figure using an apparently rather blunt knife

Using his blunt knife Abdel Bary interacted directly with three US Presidents – with Obama for having been in office at the time of his father's extradition (2012); with Bush, Jr. for having taken the fight to Osama bin Laden, and thereby implicating his father who was known to have been one of the latter's top lieutenants (2002); and with Bill Clinton for having been in charge during the bombings of US Embassies in Kenya and Tanzania and having subsequently identified Bin Laden as the main culprit (1998).

(a message to all 3 presidents, wonder if they know, I guess they do now)

It's psychology. Same psychology advertizers use to get you to buy crap ya don't need, same psychology politics use, same psychology cults use. I've long said psychology is the most useful thing to study because you'll use it in every other field.

Terror groups, violent/extremist groups, etc. get recruits by appealing to basic human nature. Like needs. What's everyone need and desire? Connection, love, brotherhood, respect, sense of worth to name a few. Offer people those things and they'll kill for you, some will die for you.

Islam is successful because it presents itself to disenfranchised recruits as one of them. Even though they make up a considerable fraction of the global population. When you feel isolated, lonely, and persecuted along comes Islam and says "we're just like you, everyone hates us and maligns us and persecutes us. Join us." And people do from every walk of life and demographic because that feeling is present in every group and demographic. Of those recruited, some will go to the extreme if manipulated properly. It's just numbers, basic pitch gets you 100 recruits, of those hundred some will kill, a few will die for you. So you recruit.

No big mystery to it though. When people feel unconnected they look to be connected. And if Islamic recruiters offer that connection before anyone else does, voila'.

It's psychology. Same psychology advertizers use to get you to buy crap ya don't need, same psychology politics use, same psychology cults use. I've long said psychology is the most useful thing to study because you'll use it in every other field.

Terror groups, violent/extremist groups, etc. get recruits by appealing to basic human nature. Like needs. What's everyone need and desire? Connection, love, brotherhood, respect, sense of worth to name a few. Offer people those things and they'll kill for you, some will die for you.

Islam is successful because it presents itself to disenfranchised recruits as one of them. Even though they make up a considerable fraction of the global population. When you feel isolated, lonely, and persecuted along comes Islam and says "we're just like you, everyone hates us and maligns us and persecutes us. Join us." And people do from every walk of life and demographic because that feeling is present in every group and demographic. Of those recruited, some will go to the extreme if manipulated properly. It's just numbers, basic pitch gets you 100 recruits, of those hundred some will kill, a few will die for you. So you recruit.

No big mystery to it though. When people feel unconnected they look to be connected. And if Islamic recruiters offer that connection before anyone else does, voila'.

I partly agree with you. However, many of those leaving their countries to join up with ISIS have had good educations, have good careers, and some have come from wealthy families who have given them everything a young person could ask for. I was reading about the 19-year old daughter of the first Pakistani cricket player to play in either Great Britain or Scotland. His daughters went to private schools and had what many American girls would love to have. One of the daughters got radicalized over social media and is now in Syria. Her parents are heartsick and can't understand whhy she did this. Plus, there are also young people being radicalized by the sermons in the mosques as one Canadian ISIS member was.

Forum List

Back