Islam: resources for understanding

Dec 8, 2015
In my attempt to achieve deeper understanding of Islam as a prerequisite to taking a position on notable current events, there are several researchers whose perspectives have been helpful to me: Richard Bulliet is certainly one and his lectures are easy to find on Youtube.

This is a good one:

Oh dear, sorry but I can't resist:

I had to get that out my system. I always try to be careful not to be seduced by one narrative or an opposing narrative, but with Islam it's not really all that complicated. I live in Britain, and most Muslim "refugees" do not come here for safety or to become British, they come here to make Britain a part of Islam. And I have to say this, the same also applies to at least half of Muslims who come to Britain legally. I shouldn't need to make any apologies if that sounds racist or bigoted, so I won't; it's how things really are and I will not apologize for stating an uncomfortable fact. Some Muslims are great and I'd be quite happy to have them as my next-door neighbors, but Islam in general is BAD - "the motherload of bad ideas" as Sam Harris puts it.

Forum List

Back