🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Israel asks Hungary to withdraw journalism award

BecauseIKnow

Rookie
Aug 5, 2012
BUDAPEST, Hungary: Israel asks Hungary to withdraw journalism award | World | The Sun Herald

BUDAPEST, HUNGARY — Israel's ambassador says Hungary should withdraw a state journalism award given last week to a TV presenter whose station was fined in 2011 for his racist remarks against Gypsies and Jews.

Ambassador Ilan Mor said Monday in a statement that the distinction given to Ferenc Szaniszlo was given "to the wrong person for the very wrong reasons."

Among other comments, Szaniszlo, a newspaper correspondent in Moscow in the 1980s, said Gypsies - or Roma - were monkeys and implied Jews and Roma were carrying out anti-Hungarian activities.

Minister of Human Resources Zoltan Balog said he was unaware of Szaniszlo's remarks and regretted giving him the Mihaly Tancsis award, but said he did not have the power to take it back.

So because he said Jews were carrying out anti-Hungarian activities that is somehow antisemitic? ...:doubt:

Israel has no business to interfere in a journalism event in Hungary.

BUDAPEST, Hungary: Israel asks Hungary to withdraw journalism award | World | The Sun Herald

BUDAPEST, HUNGARY — Israel's ambassador says Hungary should withdraw a state journalism award given last week to a TV presenter whose station was fined in 2011 for his racist remarks against Gypsies and Jews.

Ambassador Ilan Mor said Monday in a statement that the distinction given to Ferenc Szaniszlo was given "to the wrong person for the very wrong reasons."

Among other comments, Szaniszlo, a newspaper correspondent in Moscow in the 1980s, said Gypsies - or Roma - were monkeys and implied Jews and Roma were carrying out anti-Hungarian activities.

Minister of Human Resources Zoltan Balog said he was unaware of Szaniszlo's remarks and regretted giving him the Mihaly Tancsis award, but said he did not have the power to take it back.

So because he said Jews were carrying out anti-Hungarian activities that is somehow antisemitic? ...:doubt:

Typical cherry pickin'.
The guy, a former reporter in Moscow, said "Gypsies - or Roma - were monkeys and implied Jews and Roma were carrying out anti-Hungarian activities."
If you can't see the knuckle-dragin' bigot is selling hate it's only because your knuckles also drag, Princess. :D

Last edited:
  • Banned
So you tell us why Israel was interfering in a journalism event in another country? Because of what? Cherry picking where you blind idiot? The quote you posted was right there in the OP....:cuckoo::lol:

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Jos

You have no business talking about Israel.

"Among other comments, Szaniszlo, a newspaper correspondent in Moscow in the 1980s, said Gypsies - or Roma - were monkeys and implied Jews and Roma were carrying out anti-Hungarian activities."

It seems to me that this is the kind of 'comment' which disqualifies any reporter from receiving an award - especially if the land of the 'Arrow Cross' desires to show it's not about to return to its Fascist days.

• Banned
Well Hungary disagrees with you. I expected Jews to agree with each other. Such as SAYIT, Toastman, Fairandbalanced, it's understandable. But I don't think the Hungarians are gullible to keep their mouths shut because a foreign entity wants so. It only makes it worse.

Well Hungary disagrees with you. I expected Jews to agree with each other. Such as SAYIT, Toastman, Fairandbalanced, it's understandable. But I don't think the Hungarians are gullible to keep their mouths shut because a foreign entity wants so. It only makes it worse.

And a semiliterate knuckle dragger at that. Woo. :D

That must be why they said "Minister of Human Resources Zoltan Balog said he was unaware of Szaniszlo's remarks and regretted giving him the Mihaly Tancsis award."

Last edited:
It's about the people you hooligan:

American Jews Meet With Hungary Leaders Amid Rising Anti-Semitism Tide ? Forward.com

Hiding behind leaders does you no good. The people will only get more upset that way.

I would hope that the people of Hungary would complain about their state honoring an unrepentant bigot in their name, not about the target of his venom objecting to the honor. How Hungarians react to this travesty will say much about their society. This thread certainly says much about you, Princess. :D

American Jews Meet With Hungary Leaders Amid Rising Anti-Semitism Tide ? Forward.com

Hiding behind leaders does you no good. The people will only get more upset that way.

I would hope that the people of Hungary would complain about their state honoring an unrepentant bigot in their name, not about the target of his venom objecting to the honor. How Hungarians react to this travesty will say much about their society. This thread certainly says much about you, Princess. :D

It's always about their society, how about its time to start looking at your society? ....:cuckoo:

So you tell us why Israel was interfering in a journalism event in another country? Because of what? Cherry picking where you blind idiot? The quote you posted was right there in the OP....:cuckoo::lol:
Don't you think the Muslims are interfering with the right of people to criticize Islam if they want since the OIC wants to make it an international crime if anyone does so? Nobody is bothering the Muslims when they criticize other religions. Being that Baghdad Bob is just a kid, he doesn't realize how the Hungarians sent the Jews to the concentration camps. Maybe if he saw pictures of the Hungerian Jews who were lucky enough to survive when they were liberated by our troops from Auschwitz, he would understand more.

The deportation of the Hungarian Jews to Auschwitz-Birkenau in 1944

It's always about their society, how about its time to start looking at your society? ....:cuckoo:

I'd be glad to but this thread is about Hungarian society. How would you feel if your gov't (Hamas) honored a known bigot? Proud I'm guessing. :D

I'd be glad to but this thread is about Hungarian society. How would you feel if your gov't (Hamas) honored a known bigot? Proud I'm guessing. :D

Goodnight, Princess......:D

..........:lmao:

I think he's more like 'the one who is too young to ask', myself. I can only guess at what the gaps or differences might have been in his education.

He didn't recognize the 'Arrow Cross' in the picture in the Forward article - and I suppose he has very little understanding of the kind of thing that emblem has stood for.

27673738.jpg

Forum List

Back