🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

JD Vance's pledge to 'abandon' Ukraine a ‘catastrophic mistake’ | William Hague

I doubt if Vance used the word "abandon". That's left wing spin. The thing of it is that Vance isn't V.P. yet. What does Harris think? Does she think?

I’m not ok with russia gobbling up any more former republics

Which is the choice you are offering
Why should I care if he's gobbling up former republics? I'm more concerned about interest on the national debt being over a trillion dollars per year, and growing. I'm more concerned about the FBI pressuring social media companies to censor people. I'm more concerned about our military and intelligence agencies being rogue organizations. I'm more concerned about the Secret Service letting an assassin shoot at a Trump (and I'm not even a Trump supporter). I'm more concerned about communists in Congress. I'm more concerned about Progressive DAs dropping charges against violent leftists while using lawfare against people on the right. There are thousands of things more concerning than wars half-way around the world.

Freezing the war on the current frontline.

What exactly makes you think that either Putin or Ukranians want to freeze the war on the current front line?

Ukraine legally adopts a neutral status.

So Russia can regroup, rebuild and just invade them later like they did with Chechens?

You are in effect proposing that Ukraine should just take Russia's worth-nothing signature for it's security guarantees.

Last edited:
He won't be president, Trump will. I suspect Trump will deal with the issue. Europe has to pull their weight also. China in particular, is not going to enjoy Trumps initiatives as he is going to try to cut off their interference in propping Russia up. In fact, Chinas helping of Russia gives Trump the perfect cover for increasing tariffs and restrictions against them.
Yes, by all means we should triple down on a failed policy because it excites the rubes.

Trump's trade war on China was a failure in every possible way​

Yes, by all means we should triple down on a failed policy because it excites the rubes.

Trump's trade war on China was a failure in every possible way​

You mean the same trade tariffs that Biden didn't lift? In fact, Biden added another 100% tariff on EVs.

Seems that what is done isn't as important as who does it.

What exactly makes you think that either Putin or Ukranians want to freeze the war on the current front line?

So Russia can regroup, rebuild and just invade them later like they did with Chechens?

Or do you seriously propose Ukraine should just take Russia's worth-nothing signature for it's security guarantees?
It worked quite well with Austria and Finland in the Cold War 1.0. I think it can be tried with Ukraine. It should be an international agreement involving a number of regional powers, including China, India, Saudi Arabia among others. In other words, Russia should make obligations to its 'allies' too.

Why should I care if he's gobbling up former republics? I'm more concerned about interest on the national debt being over a trillion dollars per year, and growing. I'm more concerned about the FBI pressuring social media companies to censor people. I'm more concerned about our military and intelligence agencies being rogue organizations. I'm more concerned about the Secret Service letting an assassin shoot at a Trump (and I'm not even a Trump supporter). I'm more concerned about communists in Congress. I'm more concerned about Progressive DAs dropping charges against violent leftists while using lawfare against people on the right. There are thousands of things more concerning than wars half-way around the world.
This much like the debate during the 1930’s leading up to WWII

The future Axis powers were on the march and Hitler was occupying the Rhineland, Austria, Czechoslovakia, and finally Poland

WWII was caused by german territorial expansion just as russia is practicing today

It worked quite well with Austria and Finland in the Cold War 1.0. I think it can be tried with Ukraine. It should be an international agreement involving a number of regional powers, including China, India, Saudi Arabia among others. In other words, Russia should make obligations to its 'allies' too.

Finland? The country that has just joined NATO, never signed any agreement about it's neutrality.

This much like the debate during the 1930’s leading up to WWII

The future Axis powers were on the march and Hitler was occupying the Rhineland, Austria, Czechoslovakia, and finally Poland

WWII was caused by german territorial expansion just as russia is practicing today
There were people in the UK who wanted Hitler to march on the Soviet Union and let them bloody each other. Unfortunately the defenders of communism had their way instead.

Yeah, the war to the last Ukrainian is obviously not among them.

I've asked you a question - what makes you think either Ukraine or Putin is interested in freezing conflict along current war front line?

Do you have any answer? because from everything Putin has ever indicated Ukraine has to give up all 5 regions within their administrative borders, which is far greater territory than what Russia currently occupies or can hope to capture.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back