Israel Seeks UN Recognition for Yom Kippur

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
Israel's UN mission on Friday launched a campaign to get official UN recognition for Yom Kippur, the holiest day on the Jewish calendar, AFP reports.

The United Nations has decreed 10 official holidays, including Christmas and the Muslim holiday Eid al-Fitr, but there is no corresponding Jewish holiday recognized on the body's official calendar, said Israel's UN envoy Ron Prosor in a letter to his colleagues.

"On the one hand, the United Nations advances values of cooperation and engagement among nations, and on the other hand, it is prioritizing one religion over the other," Prosor wrote.

"There are three monotheistic religions, yet only two are recognized by the UN calendar. Such discrimination at the UN must end," he added, according to AFP.

Israel Seeks UN Recognition for Yom Kippur - Jewish World - News - Arutz Sheva

Well, I guess that fair....:eusa_whistle:

I would think this is ok, - but as Judaism is, what, the 7th or 8th in terms of number of adherents, I presume it is not jumping the queue?

That aside, why not. I actually rather like cultural Judaism. And no more dislike institutional Judaism than I do Christianity.

The United Nations has decreed 10 official holidays, including Christmas and the Muslim holiday Eid al-Fitr, but there is no corresponding Jewish holiday recognized on the body's official calendar, said Israel's UN envoy Ron Prosor in a letter to his colleagues.

There fucking would have been, if you hadn't fucking killed Jesus. :D

The Romans killed Jesus.

PS:
And it was a stitch up. God made it happen because, oddly, it was the only way (apparently) that he could think of for someone to atone for our sins.

So much for forgiveness then ...

Last edited:

Um no. Muslims obsession with Judaism and Jews is part of the problem. Its the reason you are so unsuccessful against Israel. You. are. obsessed. Their prophets form the basis of your laws, your books, your culture. Judaism is the grandfather caste of Islam and Christianity. Without them, Islam is lost without its biggest frenemy.

I don't see any Jew who's 2000 years old:eusa_shifty:

I would think this is ok, - but as Judaism is, what, the 7th or 8th in terms of number of adherents, I presume it is not jumping the queue?

That aside, why not. I actually rather like cultural Judaism. And no more dislike institutional Judaism than I do Christianity.

It's the first Abrahamic religion, as Islam and Christianity are both based on the Torah.

The Judaism is the only of the Abrahamic religion which doesn't get recognized by the UN.

It should be. It's fair and furthermore, it's expected.

The Romans killed Jesus.

Saved the Israelis paying for the execution - do you know what the prices of crosses was back then?
Anyway, that was Israeli's first false flag. They arranged the death but blamed the fucking Romans.

As against whom? The Romans who didn't fuck?

You have a long journey Indofred.

The Romans did it. The Christian text is written to tell that the religion which it was in trying to replace, was to blame. None of the gospels are written contemporaneously with the events they depict, but average a hundred or more years later.

Clearly, if this Jesus chappy was not well liked it could contribute to his downfall, as it would with each of us, but blaming cheerleaders for what the team does, in an account written one or two hundred years later, by a sect determined to overthrow the older religion, when the Jewish Uprising has already made their political situation very weak would hardly wash as evidence.

As a tradition, it still barely holds water, and is entirely irrelevant to what is right and wrong today.

Last edited:
Be fair toasty. Measure some of your own posts against his, before you criticise, unless you are doing it ironically.

The Romans killed Jesus.

Saved the Israelis paying for the execution - do you know what the prices of crosses was back then?
Anyway, that was Israeli's first false flag. They arranged the death but blamed the fucking Romans.
Doesn't Islam actually say that the crucifixion was a total lie, for which the Jooooos made up to save Jesus from getting killed? What kind of Muslim are you anyway?

And...will you Moooslems make up your mind what garbage lie you are promoting? Ha ha ha.

The Romans killed Jesus.

Yeah.

That's exactly what we did:doubt::cuckoo:
You were there too? How come I didn't see you. Who invited you? I thought it was a VIJ event, Very Important JEW.

The Romans killed Jesus.

Go back and study your Koran then, dipshit. I will quiz you on this tomorrow.
Jews faked Jesus' death to save his life.

http://carm.org/islam-crucifixion-of-jesus

Islam and the Crucifixion of Jesus
by Ryan Turner

Introduction

The Muslim religion is one of the fastest growing religions of the world, if not the fastest. Among its many differences with Christianity is that it denies the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus. Whether Muslims believe in a substitution theory (another person was crucified in Jesus' place), ascension theory (Jesus was rescued from the cross and ascended to heaven), or swoon theory (Jesus did not actually die while on the cross and survived the rigors of the crucifixion), each one of them clearly denies the death of Jesus by crucifixion. This Islamic belief is not just something that Muslims conjured up in response to Christianity. Instead, the Qur’an clearly denies the crucifixion of Jesus in Surah 4:157-158 which says, “. . . they [the Jews] said (in boast), ‘We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah’ – But they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not – Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself . . . .”1

The Muslim View

Commenting on the above verses, the renowned Qur’anic translator and commentator, Yusuf Ali states, “The Qur’anic teaching is that Christ was not crucified nor killed by the Jews . . . .”2 The Muslim apologist and author Ahmed Deedat agrees, “On the subject of the crucifixion the Muslim is told in no uncertain terms in the Holy Qur’an . . . that they did not kill Him, not did they crucify Him.”3 Therefore the Qur’anic teaching is clearly that Jesus did not die by crucifixion, which is in direct contrast to Christianity which says there is no salvation apart from the cross (Mt. 26:28; Mk. 14:22-24; cf. 1 Cor. 1:18). Putting all theological beliefs aside, what does the evidence suggest? Did Jesus really die by crucifixion or did he just appear dead?

CAN WE GET AN ALLAHU AKBAR?!

Last edited:

I don't see any Jew who's 2000 years old:eusa_shifty:
Even if you eat organic foods and goy children's blood for Passover?

The Romans killed Jesus.

Go back and study your Koran then, dipshit. I will quiz you on this tomorrow.
Jews faked Jesus' death to save his life.

Islam and the Crucifixion of Jesus | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

I am, of course aware of the real story, but I'm especially pleased you have accepted the truth of Al Qur'an.

Welcome to Islam, brother.

The Romans killed Jesus.

Since rome kept records and there were historians and scribes to record events, you can't call the executions by crucifixion a false flag. There were more than 250,000 jews crucified by the romans. More than million forced to leave or taken by the romans. The temple destroyed. Still thousands of others killed in the jewish wars against the romans.
These are facts, not false flags.
Was there a Jesus and was he crucified? His story was not written by the jews but the followers of Jesus more than 70 yrs after the fact. Stories were word of mouth and then finally written. Most highly influenced by the Falvian dynasty. Much of the story of Jesus is likely untrue, but there must have been some basis behind the tale to be so influential.
Jesus died for his threat to the roman rule. It was quite logical under their laws. The trial has been investigated and must be available online if it matter that much to you.
Jesus, as the gospels tell it made a conscious choice to stage his death that way. Jesus picked his death and walked forward with his eyes wide open.
If not for the story of the crucifixion and raising from the death, there would be no Christianity or likely Islam, since it was a monk who taught Mohammad about Jesus and his mother Mary.
Christians also died by the thousands at the hand of rome and blamed for everything from the bread not raising to the burning of rome.

Forum List

Back