Israel Strikes in Syria

it may prove not to be in the Israeli interests for that war to get out of hand.

Good for Israel, if it's what they need to do, git r dun!
And if it provokes a Russo-China response, are you still gonna think it's a good thing for Israel to have done?

hey Israel has to decide on it's safety....it's not like Syria is a close ally of theirs.....and as for Russia and China...that's were WE tell them to back off......it's not their fight....

hey Israel has to decide on it's safety....it's not like Syria is a close ally of theirs.....and as for Russia and China...that's were WE tell them to back off......it's not their fight....
Well, for one thing, Syria was not at war with Israel. And Israel has no right exacerbating the problem in Syria. Israel was not attacked and therefore, has no justification for a military strike. But it does show the whole world that, once again, Israel launched un-provoked aggression against its neighbors.

As for Russia-China, I heard on a recent radio program that Syria was the line in the sand they told us not to cross. Syria is in their sphere of influence and they'll not allow any outside interference in that country. They're basically giving us a taste of our own medicine. We basically say, "Don't attack Israel, or you'll hear from us!" And that's what we were told, "Don't attack Syria, or you'll hear from us!"

Only it won't be suicide bombers we'll have to worry about, it will be real bombers with real bombs as big as the ones we have that can hit this country in less than a half-hour. And if we want to take this to the extreme, a potential conflict of this type, could lead to the end of all life on planet earth.

Do you still think that was a good bet? Are you willing to pay that kind of price?

Israel's safety has never been threatened.

No country in the ME has the capability to threaten them in any way.

The last time anyone tried, they got their ass kicked in just one week.

Israel's safety has never been threatened.

No country in the ME has the capability to threaten them in any way.

The last time anyone tried, they got their ass kicked in just one week.

I agree, I think they're sending a message, letting them know they havent wussified, plus I think the reason was over the chemical weapons.....Israel does not want the wrong people to get those.......really bad situation....so we should let them do what they feel is necessary(other than WMDs) to fix the issue.....

I agree, I think they're sending a message, letting them know they havent wussified, plus I think the reason was over the chemical weapons.....Israel does not want the wrong people to get those.......really bad situation....so we should let them do what they feel is necessary(other than WMDs) to fix the issue.....
I read an article recently that stated the reason two Russian war ships were docked at Syrian ports was because they were there to take control of the chemical weapons stockpiles they had sold to Syria. I can't say if that was the reason for sure, but that's one of the ones being discussed. And if those warehouses are being guarded by Russian troops, it would be better for Israel to bomb a Syrian mosque and call it a weapons storage, than to attack a military that does have the capability to wipe them off the map.

I read an article recently that stated the reason two Russian war ships were docked at Syrian ports was because they were there to take control of the chemical weapons stockpiles they had sold to Syria. I can't say if that was the reason for sure, but that's one of the ones being discussed. And if those warehouses are being guarded by Russian troops, it would be better for Israel to bomb a Syrian mosque and call it a weapons storage, than to attack a military that does have the capability to wipe them off the map.

I agree, that's something I would think the US, Israel and Russia would be in communication on, I hope so or someone is very incompetant....but good point!

Forum List

Back