Israeli flag burned as protests sweep Egypt

Originally posted by toastman
Call it whatever you want, but since the signing, there have not been any major altercations between Israel or Egypt, except for several skirmished involving underground militants.

That's what non-aggression pacts are for, aren't they?

Just because some Egyptian civilians have expressed their deep hatred for Israel, it doesn't mean the peace treaty is null. As far as I know, peace treaties don't saying anything about civilians feeling hostile towards the other state. Also, part of the deal was for the Sinai to remain de - militarized, which it has.

Only some civilians give Israel hell in Egypt...

Buddy... I have a nice bridge in New York to sell in case you're interested.

What I am trying to do is respond to the thread topic. We are not discussing Hamas rockets, which killed a few dozen people since 2000 as Israeli weapons killed 1519 children since 2000. We are discussing Egyptians burning an Israeli flag. And I cannot get upset about it, I certainly would not have an Israeli flag around me. I would not be able to look at it without thinking about all the children and innocent civilians Israel has killed.

....Acording to Al Yom Al Masri paper, the protesters even went as far as burring an Israeli flag in response to what they call "Zionist and American involvement in Egyptian affairs."

The paper also published a picture of a huge Israeli flag placed next to the building housing the defense ministry a minutes prior to its burning.

4707104395098408255no.jpg

Israeli flag burned as protests sweep Egypt - Israel News, Ynetnews

-----------

What a bunch of baboons!
swear1.gif

The US government kept a nasty dictator in power for many years in order to assist Israel.
The people may have a valid point.

José;7457091 said:
Call it whatever you want, but since the signing, there have not been any major altercations between Israel or Egypt, except for several skirmished involving underground militants.

Just because some Egyptian civilians have expressed their deep hatred for Israel, it doesn't mean the peace treaty is null. As far as I know, peace treaties don't saying anything about civilians feeling hostile towards the other state. Also, part of the deal was for the Sinai to remain de - militarized, which it has.

Ok so you're saying that the treaty between Israel and Egypt is 'fake' or not legitimate , right ?

Burning a national flag?

Who do they think they are?

Democrats?

They are people who are filled with extreme hate ! That's who they are
Israel occupies E. Jerusalem, mistreats the Palestinians, attacks all her Muslim Neighbors, Did you expect love and flowers?"

Obviously, Israelis occuy e Jerusalem, it's part of their capital.

Israe attacks those in defense of it's citizens as any country should do.

Also, as are as attacking all her muslims :cuckoo: there are Israeli arabs that are Israeli citizens and serve in the Israeli parliament.

José;7457091 said:

Ok so you're saying that the treaty between Israel and Egypt is 'fake' or not legitimate , right ?

Well toastman, what I'm trying to say is that peace is not the proper word to describe the Egyptian-Israeli relations.

The two countries do not find themselves in a state of peace but rather in a state of non-(military) aggression/non-belligerency.

Last edited:
Flag desecration

"Flag desecration*is a term applied to thedesecration*of*flags*or*flag protocol, a various set of acts that intentionally destroy, damage or mutilate a flag in public. Often, in case of anational flag, such action is intended to make a political point against a country or its policies. Some countries have laws forbidding methods of destruction (such as burning in public) or forbidding particular uses (such as for commercial purposes); such laws may distinguish between desecration of the country's own*national flag*and flags of other countries. Some countries have laws protecting the right to burn a flag as an expression of free speech " Flag desecration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. It is a political statement, an exercise of freedom of speech.

José;7457091 said:

The Peace treaty was the assassinated Sadat's doing...Israel is very powerful and AIPAC in America keeps the munitions flowing...The people did not vote for peace, they were stymied by Dictators who were making billions in corruption. The people know this, and the hate for Israel festers in all Islamic Nations.

No peace by Israel that still annexes Arab Lands and E. Jerusalem...those wounds will never go away unless Israel goes back to the 67 borders and starts changing public opinion in the ME and the World at large, or in time it will end in fire.

They are people who are filled with extreme hate ! That's who they are
Israel occupies E. Jerusalem, mistreats the Palestinians, attacks all her Muslim Neighbors, Did you expect love and flowers?"

Obviously, Israelis occuy e Jerusalem, it's part of their capital.

Israe attacks those in defense of it's citizens as any country should do.

Also, as are as attacking all her muslims :cuckoo: there are Israeli arabs that are Israeli citizens and serve in the Israeli parliament.
Try to convince the USA that Jerusalem is Israel's Capital, or the UN, or anybody on Planet Earth who’s Embassies are in Tel Aviv.

José;7457091 said:

The Peace treaty was the assassinated Sadat's doing...Israel is very powerful and AIPAC in America keeps the munitions flowing...The people did not vote for peace, they were stymied by Dictators who were making billions in corruption. The people know this, and the hate for Israel festers in all Islamic Nations.

No peace by Israel that still annexes Arab Lands and E. Jerusalem...those wounds will never go away unless Israel goes back to the 67 borders and starts changing public opinion in the ME and the World at large, or in time it will end in fire.

Anyone who believes that the Arabs' aspirations begin and end with the "1967 borders" is is dangerously naive.

Anyone who believes that the Arabs' aspirations begin and end with the "1967 borders" is is dangerously naive.
I do understand your concerns. As it stands today, your observation is very accurate. The end to this hate and wishing Israel annihilated is to share the sovereignty of Jerusalem and sign the Arab league offer and make Palestine prosperous...

So prosperous, that they will defend Israel, as many Israeli Arabs do today within her borders.

I may be an optimist, but group dynamics and Economic principals are predictable.

Last edited:
You are clearly ignoring the constant "river to sea" comments.

You are clearly ignoring that the rulers of the Arab World offer peace, recognition, and trade. Jingoisms are part and parcel elements of war rhetoric.

Look at America and its former deadly enemies of Germany and Japan. Today, they are the best of friends and allies because prosperity and a full belly tame the beast.

What has Israel got to lose? For the foreseeable future their military power can re-take the land if threatened...But if it works, Israel will become a friend if she can share her economic miracles.

Last edited:
What I am trying to do is respond to the thread topic. We are not discussing Hamas rockets, which killed a few dozen people since 2000 as Israeli weapons killed 1519 children since 2000. We are discussing Egyptians burning an Israeli flag. And I cannot get upset about it, I certainly would not have an Israeli flag around me. I would not be able to look at it without thinking about all the children and innocent civilians Israel has killed.
Pay attention, Sherri. The OP topic is about protests in Egypt if you read the link. The burning of the Israeli flag is mentioned because of supposed Israeli/American influence. Stop being childish.

A thousand years ago, what we call Arabians and Iraqis today were at the central of the world for culture and learning. It has only been since the rise of Islam that these once noble and intellectually advanced cultures took the nose dive into depravity. While I've seen the modern day Iraqi of today, and have zero faith that they could ever recover the grandeur that was once Baghdad, I still have some faith that the Arabian can still emerge as an advanced culture. I think the House of Saud can still turn them into a something spectacular. But I doubt that the Court of Sheiks (Kuwait) and Iraq, or even Egypt can ever recover. I think the genetic prerequisites and gene pool so necessary for intellectual accomplishment are depleted.

The only people today, regionally, besides Israel, that shows any spark left in the gray matter that is so critical to cultural advancement are the Saudi's and Jordanians.

Just My Though and Observations,

Most Respectfully,
R

Complete nonsense. For one thing, the Muslim world reached its apex after the rise of Islam, not before.

You are also repeating the same racial and ethnic slurs as in parallel threads. Those that live in Iraq are not all the same, nor are those in any other arbitrary juristiction.

And your choice of favored ethnic groups is astonding, to put it politely. The most backward and regressive country in the world right now is arguably Saudi Arabia, where the incautious can be beheaded for blasphemy, or be mutilated for theft. Women have no rights, not even the right to drive a car. It is a medieval anachronism, surviving in the 21st century only due to oil money. It is a society based on magic and mysticism, one that the enlightenment bypassed altogether.

Forum List

Back