Israeli flag burned as protests sweep Egypt

But America's puppet was there because of Israel.
Blame is clearly reasonable in this case.

Sure it is. The Palestinians have been blaming Israel for EVERYTHING since 1948. Where has blaming Israel gotten them ?

The support of most of the world, outside of Israel, the US, and a few modest dependencies. What does this say to you?

What does that have to do with blaming Israel ??

What does it tel me? It tells me that the world wants to see the Palestinians have a state. This desire of the world doesn't mean that they all blame Israel. In other words, being pro - Palestinian doesn't always mean being anti - Israeli (and pro - Israeli doesn't necessarily mean being anti - Palestinian)

You are clearly ignoring the constant "river to sea" comments.

You are clearly ignoring that the rulers of the Arab World offer peace, recognition, and trade. Jingoisms are part and parcel elements of war rhetoric.

Please tell me you're kidding. Leaders from the PA, Hamas, Egypt, Syria and elsewhere regularly speak of their goal of eliminating the Jewish State. The idea that Israel should give up land that was never part of a sovereign Palestinian State, including the holiest sites in the Jewish religion, and the Arabs will suddenly be satisfied and become Israel's friends is ludicrous.

What does it tel me? It tells me that the world wants to see the Palestinians have a state. This desire of the world doesn't mean that they all blame Israel. In other words, being pro - Palestinian doesn't always mean being anti - Israeli (and pro - Israeli doesn't necessarily mean being anti - Palestinian)

And the views of these countries has nothing to do with dependence on Arab oil and/or concerns about growing Muslim populations within their own borders.

Arab playbook:

#1 - When in doubt, blame Israel.

Sure it is. The Palestinians have been blaming Israel for EVERYTHING since 1948. Where has blaming Israel gotten them ?

Let me get this clear.
Are you saying, the US didn't install a puppet and pay his upkeep on behalf of Israel?

I argue, they did so there is legitimate reason for anger directed at both countries.

If you disagree, please explain how and why Mubarak managed to keep up his election free dictatorship with America, bringer of democracy unless it happens to be in their interest to support a dictator, paying him a fortune.

Mubarak, the Bag Man

Let me get this clear.
Are you saying, the US didn't install a puppet and pay his upkeep on behalf of Israel?

I argue, they did so there is legitimate reason for anger directed at both countries.

If you disagree, please explain how and why Mubarak managed to keep up his election free dictatorship with America, bringer of democracy unless it happens to be in their interest to support a dictator, paying him a fortune.

Mubarak, the Bag Man

wtf??? Read my post again genius :lol:

You are clearly ignoring the constant "river to sea" comments.

You are clearly ignoring that the rulers of the Arab World offer peace, recognition, and trade. Jingoisms are part and parcel elements of war rhetoric.

Please tell me you're kidding. Leaders from the PA, Hamas, Egypt, Syria and elsewhere regularly speak of their goal of eliminating the Jewish State. The idea that Israel should give up land that was never part of a sovereign Palestinian State, including the holiest sites in the Jewish religion, and the Arabs will suddenly be satisfied and become Israel's friends is ludicrous.
America dropped two nukes on Japan and firebombed Dresden, yet with the war over became close allies...The Palestinian people have lived on that land for a thousand years and yet you claim it for a 65 year-old Israeli state.

If anyone's Logic is ludicrous it is your-own chauvanism.

Last edited:
Arab playbook:

#1 - When in doubt, blame Israel.

It seems when people convert to Islam, they get the same mentality as many of those born to the faith -- blame everything on Israel and the U.S. So, Freddie, you have no problems with all the aid workers from the U.S. who have tried to help the poor people in Muslim countries and who have been killed there??? If an Israeli agricultural expert happens to be helping out in a Muslim country so that they can increase their food production and he gets kills there by one of your Muslim brethren, it is quite OK with you??? No doubt Freddie was happy when Daniel Pearl had his throat slit.

....Acording to Al Yom Al Masri paper, the protesters even went as far as burring an Israeli flag in response to what they call "Zionist and American involvement in Egyptian affairs."

The paper also published a picture of a huge Israeli flag placed next to the building housing the defense ministry a minutes prior to its burning.

4707104395098408255no.jpg

Israeli flag burned as protests sweep Egypt - Israel News, Ynetnews

-----------

What a bunch of baboons!
swear1.gif

The US government kept a nasty dictator in power for many years in order to assist Israel.
The people may have a valid point.

And now they voted a nasty dictator in order to 'show Israel off'.

So maybe, just maybe, it is not about Israel, but about the Egyptians voting dictators because they're just bloody stupid?

I dunno, just a thought...:eusa_whistle:

....Acording to Al Yom Al Masri paper, the protesters even went as far as burring an Israeli flag in response to what they call "Zionist and American involvement in Egyptian affairs."

The paper also published a picture of a huge Israeli flag placed next to the building housing the defense ministry a minutes prior to its burning.

4707104395098408255no.jpg

Israeli flag burned as protests sweep Egypt - Israel News, Ynetnews

-----------

What a bunch of baboons!
swear1.gif
Looks like the Arab Spring is going exactly according to plan.

Let the civil and sectarian wars that will turn these countries into failed states and shitholes of barbarism and savagery begin.

Phil, why do you persist in trying to justify the murder of one of our fellow American citizens who was there trying to help Egyptian children?

Why do you persist in trying to justify the murder of one of our fellow American citizens who was there trying to help Palestinian children?

The opening post is addressing the burning of a flag.

So that makes TWO posters here who are unable to care about an American being murdered in the rioting - an American who was trying to help build understanding between Egyptians and Americans. : ((

I find that really very sad...... I've seen Phil's posts before about claiming Jewish Americans are 'disloyal', and Sherri's 'thanks' for such words, But I really had thought they were just exaggerating as they so often do.

Now it's starting to look as though they really meant it : ((

Do you have the mental capacity to address the thread topic, the burning of a flag?
Oh wow, Muslims burning the Israeli flag or American flags and chanting death and destruction! That must be only the ten millionth time they've done that.

Asking for a comment on a Muslim protest having the burning of Israeli or American flag is like asking why people have cream or sugar with their coffee. Ha ha ha.

Phil, why do you persist in trying to justify the murder of one of our fellow American citizens who was there trying to help Egyptian children?

Why do you persist in trying to justify the murder of one of our fellow American citizens who was there trying to help Palestinian children?
Tx. .Tinnie, Of course I never justify the murder of anyone, I simply refuse to debate hypocrites by responding.

Last edited:

America dropped two nukes on Japan and firebombed Dresden, yet with the war over became close allies...The Palestinian people have lived on that land for a thousand years and yet you claim it for a 65 year-old Israeli state.

The "Palestinian" people with whom Israel has its conflict have not existed for 1000 years. They were invented by the PLO. Read my signature.

The "Palestinian" people with whom Israel has its conflict have not existed for 1000 years. They were invented by the PLO. Read my signature.

Al hambra Theatre, Jaffa, 1937 flying Palestinian flag

Picture8703.jpg

Al hambra Theatre, Jaffa, 1937 flying Palestinian flag

Picture8703.jpg

What does that flag prove?

If you want to use that logic, HB67, then Israel's have an even more tenuous claim to the land. "Israeli's" did not exist before 1949. And indeed, the residents of Israel today are a most cosmopolitan and polyglot group, with immigrants (many recent) from around the world. The only common thread is magical belief system, and in fact not all Israelis put much stock in that either. Palestinian Arab roots go back for generations, perhaps centuries, certainly pre-dating 1949. The Jewish claim on the land is based simply on the concensus that they would like to have it. You can dredge up some dubious documents, such as the Balfour Declaraton (modest help), or Rocco's favorite, the Sharif of Mecca (pretty much zero help), or some ancient history (you would be risking ridicule here), but that statement cuts to the heart of the matter.

Forum List

Back