Israeli "pager attack" on Hezbollah is pure genius!

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
Somehow Israel got a large number of pagers rigged to explode into the hands of Hezbollah. Then based on a pager signal all of them exploded simultaneously killing 9 Hezbollah terrorists. Apparently a young girl was also killed which is terrible but collateral damage and death is part of war. Hezbollah chose to enter the war.

The DemoKKKrats are SO mad that their Hezbollah wing got fucked up. :badgrin:

That Mossad! :aargh:

Stuxnet was them too.

Stuxnet was Mossad/CIA.

Unfortunately, from at least one informed persons opinion which I had heard/read conveyed that the Mossad greatly damaged their relationship and joint ops with the CIA as the U.S quietly blamed them for allowing it to impact the world and in essence exposing what they had done. After that attack, a first of its kind; the Axis nations in particular ramped up similar attacks on Western governments and corporations, this could have been avoidable at least for a decade or longer if Stuxnet hadn't been found out.

Who knows who is to blame for that global leak which impacted regular citizens and companies computers, but there is a reputation that the Mossad used to have far too many cowboys. At least that had been their reputation as they don't have many lines they aren't willing to cross. I might argue that this is often defeating the purpose, but, what do I know?

Compare them for instance to Mi6 or French intelligence DGSE, both nations with long histories of spycraft but they aren't viewed with loud glory. The French in particular are extremely disciplined and methodical. Achieving many successes without anyone knowing anything about these successes or even the regions. Mi6 after improving their recruiting processes have also been very successful without any even knowing (can I place Canadas CSIS in a similar category to a smaller degree? Probably).

CIA and Mossad operate on reputation because of well known events. These events are good to know as it builds confidence and strikes fear in the enemy. Some of it purposely "leaked" for such purposes, which makes sense in many cases. However, in my opinion, it is far better to be very good and effective but largely under the radar.

I liken it to being in college and after a couple of dates with the head cheerleader being asked by your friends "did you have some fun"? The best response is a shrug of the shoulders or a simple "nah". No need to kiss and tell, it can only hurt your chances of continuing with the lady, no? Zero benefit except ego. A fools approach.

MSS have impressed me more than any in the last couple of decades, though the FBI have definitely ramped up their efforts and successes. I might even suggest that some high profile spies who have defected to the U.S and Europe may have spilled alot of beans. That would be very bad for China.

This particular campaign is definitely off the charts though. Combined the with attack in Iran of the Hamas leaders safe house. Israel is definitely operating in a state of war and survival. Anything goes in this scenario.

Forum List

Back