Issues of morality shuts Christians up.

She conflates the meaning of two different words all the time, apparently. She's done it with me with "Claim" and "Assumption." It's astounding how anyone can do this, and now she is doing it with suppositions and opinions? What's hilarious is that she is eager to insult the intelligence of everyone around her while committing this kind of idiocy.

It is the Christian way.

"Whoever imagines himself a favorite with God,
holds other people in contempt.
Whenever a man believes that he has the exact truth from God,
there is in that man no spirit of compromise.
He has not the modesty born of the imperfections of human nature;
he has the arrogance of theological certainty and the tyranny born of ignorant assurance.
Believing himself to be the slave of God,
he imitates his master,
and of all tyrants,
the worst is a slave in power."
--Robert Ingersoll

Regards
DL

Robert Ingersoll obviously had an inferiority complex and lacked self-confidence. Are those the kinds of people you admire?

I look at the words and ideas expressed more than who said them.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Regards
DL

DL,
I think that most "modern Christians" just accept what is being told to them by persons of "greater knowledge." The modern day of technology has allowed us to SUPER SIZE our lives and spread ourselves to thin. You are well versed in the Scriptures of the Holy Bible and that shows you have given a great deal of time to your thirst for the truth. It is easy to argue a point of view with a modern day Christian. Our psychological development plays a TREMENDOUS role in this. A society of pointing fingers and a lust for instant gratification.

I get no gratification at pointing my finger.

I do when one can make me point it elsewhere or drop it altogether. That is how I learn and grow.

There is no gratification in an idea that does not grow but perhaps a bit in the fact that it is not refuted and seems to be sound. We all light to be right but learn more if we are wrong. We are all here to either learn or teach.

Regards
DL

It is the Christian way.

he has the arrogance of theological certainty and the tyranny born of ignorant assurance.
he imitates his master,
and of all tyrants,
--Robert Ingersoll

Regards
DL

Robert Ingersoll obviously had an inferiority complex and lacked self-confidence. Are those the kinds of people you admire?

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Regards
DL

If a man is frightened of Christians, then I sure wouldn't follow his advice. I'd try to help the poor thing.

It is the Christian way.

he imitates his master,
and of all tyrants,
--Robert Ingersoll

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

This was a great response to such a non-sensical post. Very nicely done.

Last edited:

Regards
DL

To believe that every person who believes in God is a tyrant is kinda crazy.

Last edited:

Regards
DL

If a man is frightened of Christians, then I sure wouldn't follow his advice. I'd try to help the poor thing.

Huh?

Who said anything about being afraid of Christians?

Are you talking about young boys and the plethora of religious pedophiles in the church?
Or are you viewing that clip of Hitchens fearing religions because they prevented governments from going after those who killed many because of religious cartoons?
Or are you talking about all the women that are going to vote Left because the right wants to subject them to vaginal probes?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

I blush. Thanks.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

A tyrant is one who imposes his will over others. Generally speaking.

Can you describe for us what happened to A & E the first time they exercised autonomy and did their will instead of God's?

What happened I would call the actions of a tyrant. What would you call it?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Huh?

Who said anything about being afraid of Christians?

Are you talking about young boys and the plethora of religious pedophiles in the church?
Or are you viewing that clip of Hitchens fearing religions because they prevented governments from going after those who killed many because of religious cartoons?
Or are you talking about all the women that are going to vote Left because the right wants to subject them to vaginal probes?

Regards
DL

I'm speaking about Roger Ingersoll. Obviously, a very paranoid weak person.

Can you describe for us what happened to A & E the first time they exercised autonomy and did their will instead of God's?

Regards
DL

Well, that explains your admiration of Roger Ingersoll.

I would call it disobedience.

Regards
DL

Thanks for running from what you saw God acting like.
Who is the one showing fear coward?

Thanks for showing other Christians your stripes.
So called apologists like you is why people are leaving religions in droves.

Regards
DL

DL,
I'm not attacking you, merely stating "people who who do not prepare through research etc., or just lacking a collegiate entry level English 101 class, are only here to argue. Debating stimulates growth, arguments are to prove a point of view or poor perception without healthy communication skills." I suppose I should have written this instead. :oops:

Regards
DL

Thanks for running from what you saw God acting like.
Who is the one showing fear coward?

Thanks for showing other Christians your stripes.
So called apologists like you is why people are leaving religions in droves.

Regards
DL

Did you think your parents were "tyrants" when they corrected you? Did you run back and play in the traffic when your mother told you not to? Why would you rebel against your parents when they were only looking out for your well being? Coward.

People like you are filling mental hospitals in droves.

DL,
I'm not attacking you, merely stating "people who who do not prepare through research etc., or just lacking a collegiate entry level English 101 class, are only here to argue. Debating stimulates growth, arguments are to prove a point of view or poor perception without healthy communication skills." I suppose I should have written this instead. :oops:

Get with it or get lost with your psychobabble B S.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back