It appears I might owe Jeb Bush an apology.

PredFan

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2011
In Liberal minds, rent free.
i have stated several times here on USMB that I would never ever vote for Jeb. My reasons stem back to the 80s before he was governor of Florida. He was involved in the S&L debacle in South Florida where many many people lost everything, but Jeb Bush walked away with millions and the only reason nothing happened to him was because his father was VP. He even had the audacity to run for governor of Florida after that!

Well, in those days I wasn't as politically active as I am now, in fact I called myself a Democrat back then. I didn't realize that it wasn't Jeb Bush that was involved in the S&L crisis, it was Neil Bush. I only just found this out today. I never really looked into it because to me it was ancient history and what's more, every time I mentioned it here NO ONE corrected me.

Ok so, if I see old Jeb, I'll apologize. I still think he's too much of a RINO establishment progressive for my tastes.

Well I never seen you mention it, but yes it was Neil Bush. I feel Jeb is probably a lot better than his brother, except he would bring in the neocons groupies. Funny we hear so much about Reagan, but very little about the 12 years of the Bushes. I did vote for Bush Sr. twice, but I did not vote for Bush Jr,. Bush Jr ruined it for Jeb in my opinion.

Forum List

Back