It Is DONE - Welcome To Being Treated Just Like Every Other Business in the US Twitter, Facebook, Google, etc....

It's Done.... Twitter is now free to exercise whatever control it wants, run its company any way it wants....without any Government 'Liability Shield' just like so many other companies and businesses across this country have to do every day.....

'On Thursday, President Donald Trump signed an executive order to strip social media companies of their “liability shield” if they engage in censorship or political content.'

Welcome to being treated just like every other business, Twitter, Facebook, Google, etc....

:)

It doesn't matter. Nothing is stopping them from controlling the content on their websites.

I don't have to let you into my business so you can make some political speech and I can tell you to leave or have you removed by the cops and that will not violate your first amendment rights because no private party can violate your first amendment rights as the first amendment applies only to the government.

"Congress shall make no laws...."
When the government protects your business from being sued because of what the people you let into your business say, then my constitutional rights are being denied.
Don't sue the company sue the person that said whatever it is that was libelous or slanderous.

Twitter is not responsible for what people post

You can't have it both ways.
They are if they start saying what is, real or not. That crosses the line from platform to something else. What if Twitter corrects someone and is wrong? Can we sue them now?

You agreed to the terms of service when you signed up for your user account did you not?

I suggest you read them then you might find the answer to your question
So a ToS invalidates law.

You funny.

It's Done.... Twitter is now free to exercise whatever control it wants, run its company any way it wants....without any Government 'Liability Shield' just like so many other companies and businesses across this country have to do every day.....

'On Thursday, President Donald Trump signed an executive order to strip social media companies of their “liability shield” if they engage in censorship or political content.'

Welcome to being treated just like every other business, Twitter, Facebook, Google, etc....

It doesn't matter. Nothing is stopping them from controlling the content on their websites.

I don't have to let you into my business so you can make some political speech and I can tell you to leave or have you removed by the cops and that will not violate your first amendment rights because no private party can violate your first amendment rights as the first amendment applies only to the government.

When the government protects your business from being sued because of what the people you let into your business say, then my constitutional rights are being denied.
Don't sue the company sue the person that said whatever it is that was libelous or slanderous.

They are if they start saying what is, real or not. That crosses the line from platform to something else. What if Twitter corrects someone and is wrong? Can we sue them now?

You agreed to the terms of service when you signed up for your user account did you not?

You funny.

What law?

No social media provider is capable of violating your freedom of speech rights so they can censor anyone they want to for any reason.

But you don't want them to do that right?

Why doesn't the company that owns the social media site have the right to dispute anything that any user says?

If you people don't like what the social media company does don't use it.

ToS can only let them build off they are allowed to. If they are a "platform" the right to be the one to validate a story doesn't come with that.

So if they are a platform their ToS can't give them more power than the laws allow. They wanna be the purveyors of truth, fine.

Today that is a publisher and crosses into the realm of responsibility OF WHICH social media doesn't want because they lose the liability protection.

I don't give a fuck which direction they go but they can't do both. Don't care what the ToS says.

You funny.

What law?

No social media provider is capable of violating your freedom of speech rights so they can censor anyone they want to for any reason.

Why doesn't the company that owns the social media site have the right to dispute anything that any user says?

Platform
Publisher

Rules of play are different depending on who you are. House rules, bitch at the house.

If a platform wants publisher capability then publisher responsibility comes with it.

Social media wants the power but not the responsibility.

He didn't which is why he was sued and it was negated...I believe it was the law he tried to enact about the children of illegals in the US.
THANKS FOR PROVING YOU ARE EITHER A BAD LIAR OR JUST IGNORANT.

Barry did impose DACA through EO, and it was NOT 'negated'....until President Trump put an end to the Un-Constitutional EO.

Trump corrected Obama's huge intentional assault on the US Constitution., pone of many scandalous, corrupt abuses of power Barry and his administration were engaged in.

Unlike Barry's, President Trump's EO is perfectly legal, Constitutional. It is also the right thing to do, snowflake.

The courts have deferred to Presidents on who should be deported. It was not illegal. Obama made a contract and that contract should be honored. Americans support DACA and Ronald Reagan would have supported it. Reagan Republicans support it.
Reagan republicans don’t support it, because Reagan tried amnesty and it only made the matter worse. What a stupid statement. You don’t hear me saying “JFK Democrat’s love low taxes.”

You funny.

What law?

Platform
Publisher

Rules of play are different depending on who you are. House rules, bitch at the house.

If a platform wants publisher capability then publisher responsibility comes with it.

What are the differences in the rules then?

Because a company can publish just about anything as long as it's not libelous or slanderous.

You funny.

What law?

Example. Your internet service is a platform / service. What if they did not like your choice of business and treated you differently, blocked your traffic, called you a liar and so forth.

What can you do? Is that their place?

You funny.

What law?

Platform
Publisher

What are the differences in the rules then?

Because a company can publish just about anything as long as it's not libelous or slanderous.
Fine but I can sue them if they are wrong.

When would you sue twitter for their correction of your tweet if they are wrong? You gave them the right to declare right and wrong. ToS and all, right?

Where would their influence end and your rights begin?

He didn't which is why he was sued and it was negated...I believe it was the law he tried to enact about the children of illegals in the US.

Barry did impose DACA through EO, and it was NOT 'negated'....until President Trump put an end to the Un-Constitutional EO.

Trump corrected Obama's huge intentional assault on the US Constitution., pone of many scandalous, corrupt abuses of power Barry and his administration were engaged in.

Unlike Barry's, President Trump's EO is perfectly legal, Constitutional. It is also the right thing to do, snowflake.

The courts have deferred to Presidents on who should be deported. It was not illegal. Obama made a contract and that contract should be honored. Americans support DACA and Ronald Reagan would have supported it. Reagan Republicans support it.
Reagan republicans don’t support it, because Reagan tried amnesty and it only made the matter worse. What a stupid statement. You don’t hear me saying “JFK Democrat’s love low taxes.”
It was his compromise and he kept his end, democrats did not.

What law?

Social media giants have agreed, in exchange for liability immunity, to not censor content creators,
which Facebook is not. Facebook is merely a publisher, like a phone book is.
The Big Tech Boys agreed to a certain set of rules which they now want to ignore. It's pretty simple.

You funny.

What law?

Example. Your internet service is a platform / service. What if they did not like your choice of business and treated you differently, blocked your traffic, called you a liar and so forth.

Facebook and Twitter are not platforms they are private exchanges that allows people to use them since they are private they can allow , ban or censor anyone they want.

There is no comparison between ISPs and Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc

Lawyers will sue the company because they have all the money.

It sucks to be twitter and youTube without 230 protection, doesn't it?
Just because a lawyer will sue a company doesn't mean the suit will stand the rigors of the law.

Like I said you can't have it both ways.

You cannot tell a social media site that it can't censor and then say they are responsible for every word that people post
That isn't what Trump is saying, dumbass. Twitter is censoring. Therefore it's responsible. If it didn't censor, then it would be protected. Leave it to to TDS moron to get it exactly backwards.

What law?

Social media giants have agreed, in exchange for liability immunity, to not censor content creators,
The Big Tech Boys agreed to a certain set of rules which they now want to ignore. It's pretty simple.
Right because yo can't have it both ways

You funny.

What law?

Facebook and Twitter are not platforms they are private exchanges that allows people to use them since they are private they can allow , ban or censor anyone they want.

Not if they want protection from being sued, moron. How many times does that have to be pounded into your thick skull?

All Trump does is win, all PROGS do is lose. That's apparent, but don't expect PROGS to admit to it, they're intellectually dishonest and fragile.

Biden is SO SO representative of their demise. Who supports a leader with positive signs of dementia never mind he's disingenuous? PROGS do. Losing has become their comfort zone.

If the terms of service say that Twitter is allowed to conduct arbitrary censorship of your content, then they can be sued.

You funny.

What law?

You are giving these platforms THAT THEY DECLARED THEMSELVES AS a whole lot of leeway to influence billions of people unchecked and with no recourse left to you.

Twitter calls you a liar. Time and again. What do you do cause you can't sue them. You won't put that responsibility on them.

So what do you do?

Facebook sells you ads then limits your exposure. What do you do?

Don't tell me sue because you gave that up in the ToS.

Lawyers will sue the company because they have all the money.

It sucks to be twitter and youTube without 230 protection, doesn't it?
Just because a lawyer will sue a company doesn't mean the suit will stand the rigors of the law.

Like I said you can't have it both ways.

You cannot tell a social media site that it can't censor and then say they are responsible for every word that people post
That isn't what Trump is saying, dumbass. Twitter is censoring. Therefore it's responsible. If it didn't censor, then it would be protected. Leave it to to TDS moron to get it exactly backwards.

Hey FUCKSTICK

I didn't vote for Trump.

And FAct checking is not censoring

'contract'? Obama admitted to violating the Constitution. Obama's DACA EO is In-Constitutional. Even Barry was honest enough to admit it - why can't you?
he's the same guy that just claimed that Trump's EO with regard to Twitter is unconstitutional.

What law?

Right because yo can't have it both ways
Yet you are letting social media do exactly that.

Forum List

Back