🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

It's official- San Bernadino Shooting is Terrorism- Waiting for Obama Press Conference.

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
I just know there will be an impromptu Obama press conference to the American people. I put off going to the store so I don't miss it. Anyone know what time he is to speak? I need to hear his plans to deter this.

-Geaux

Looks to be the earmarks of terrorism...

San Bernardino shooting: FBI says it is investigating massacre as 'act of terrorism'
4 Dec.`15 - Federal investigators are probing the circumstances of the shooting
Two days after 14 people were killed and more than 20 injured when two shooters opened fire in San Bernardino, federal investigators have said they were investigating the “horrific act as an act of terrorism”. David Bowdich, assistant director of the FBI’s Los Angeles office, said the amount of ammunition recovered, the degree of planning involved and the “digital footprint” left by the husband and wife suspects, had led them to that conclusion. A day earlier, both Mr Bowditch and President Barack Obama, said investigators had not yet concluded whether the attack carried out by Syed Rizwan and his wife, Tashfeen Malik, was terrorism, work-related violence or else a combination of the two.

26-San-Bernardino-shooting.jpg

Syed Farook, the suspect​

But on Friday lunchtime, Mr Bowditch told reporters: “There are a number of pieces of evidence to push us off the cliff to say we are looking at this as an act of terrorism.” Earlier, it was reported that Ms Malik had pledged allegiance to Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. A number of US media outlets said that according to US officials, Ms Malik, the wife of Mr Rizwan, pledged allegiance to al-Baghdadi in a posting on Facebook under an account that used a different name. The posting, since deleted, was made under an alias account at 11am on Wednesday - the same time that first emergency calls came in about the shooting.

tashfeen.jpg

Tashfeen Malik reportedly pledged allegiance to Isis on the day of the deadly attack​

The Associated Press said Facebook discovered the account on Thursday. It removed the profile from public view and reported its contents to law enforcement officials. The fact that Ms Malik made a posting on Facebook had added to suspicions and claims that a “deeper terror matrix” may lie behind the shooting attack. In the days leading up to the shooting, the couple took several steps to delete their electronic information, in an apparent effort to cover their tracks. Those efforts were among the clues that led authorities to believe that the shooting was premeditated.

MORE

See also:

‘Radicalized’ California shooter had terror ties
Sat, Dec 05, 2015 - MOTIVE UNCLEAR: The FBI said Syed Farook had been in touch with extremists, and ‘there was obviously a mission,’ but it was unclear if the center was the target
A US-born Muslim who along with his wife gunned down 14 people in California may have been radicalized and had been in contact with known terrorism suspects, reports said on Thursday. The FBI, which has cautioned it was too early to link the attack to terrorism, has taken charge of the investigation into Wednesday’s mass shooting in San Bernardino. Agents were combing through evidence to determine what prompted Syed Farook, 28, and his 27-year-old Pakistani wife, Tashfeen Malik, to carry out the rampage that also left 21 people wounded. Law enforcement officials quoted by the New York Times said the FBI was treating the shooting as a potential terrorist act, but the agency was far from concluding it was and the motive remains unclear.

CNN, quoting officials, said Farook had been in contact with known terror suspects overseas and had become radicalized after marrying Malik in Saudi Arabia last year, although an imam at a local mosque he attended said Farook showed no signs of that. The FBI — who were scouring cellphones and a computer hard drive of the couple — had evidence that Farook had communicated with extremists domestically and abroad a few years ago, the Times said, citing congressional officials briefed on the investigation. US President Barack Obama, who ordered flags to be flown at half-staff until Monday, said a terror attack could not be ruled out, but also cautioned against jumping to conclusions. “At this stage, we do not yet know why the terrible event occurred,” said Obama, who has repeatedly called on the Republican-controlled US Congress to pass tougher gun control measures, after a string of mass shootings across the US in recent years. “It is possible that this was terrorist related, but we don’t know. It’s also possible that this was workplace-related.”

The attack was the deadliest mass shooting in the US since the 2012 assault on an elementary school in Connecticut that left 26 people dead, including 20 children. Some of the reasons pushing authorities to believe Wednesday’s shooting may be terror-related included the astonishing arsenal the couple had amassed, their foreign travels and the fact that they appeared to have meticulously planned the attack. “There was obviously a mission here,” David Bowdich, the assistant FBI director in charge of the Los Angeles office said, in the wake of the killings at a holiday party for county employees at a social services center. “We don’t know if this was the intended target or if there was something that triggered him to do this immediately.”

MORE

Related:

San Bernardino shooting: Female shooter reportedly pledged allegiance to Isis, investigators believe
4 Dec.`15 - Investigators are continuing to probe the attack and the motivation behind it
Tashfeen Malik, the female shooter in the California massacre that left 14 dead, had pledged online allegiance to Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, officials have said. CNN said that according to three US officials, Ms Malik, the wife of Syed Rizwan, did so in a posting on Facebook under an account that used a different name. Officials said there was no evidence yet that the group directed Ms Malik, and her husband to launch the attacks, which killed 14 and wounded 21. “At this point we believe they were more self-radicalised and inspired by the group than actually told to do the shooting,” one official told the New York Times.

The couple, who amassed a huge amount of ammunition and 12 pipe bombs at their home, dropped off their six-month daughter off with a relative, before embarking on a killing spree that left 14 dead and more than 20 injured. President Barack Obama and the FBI have stressed investigators are still probing the circumstances of the attack and the motivation behind it. Mr Obama said it was too early to say whether the attack was terrorism, a work-related killing, or a combination of the two. Yet attention has increasingly focussed on the apparent increased radicalisation the couple underwent in the months before the assault on the Indland Regional Centre in San Bernadino, a facility that coordinates services for people with development difficulties.

The fact that Ms Malik apparently made aposting on Facebook - since reportedly deleted - will add to suspicions and claims that a “deeper terror matrix” may lie behind the shooting attack. In the days leading up to the shooting, the couple took several steps to delete their electronic information, in an apparent effort to cover their tracks, officials said. Those efforts have led authorities to believe that the shooting was premeditated, it has been reported. Mr Rizwan, was born in Illinois and raised in Southern California, and worked worked for the San Bernardino County health department.

He met his wife online and brought her to the US from Saudi Arabia in the summer of 2014 on a K-1 visa, which designated her as his fiancée, and required a rigorous background check. He applied for a permanent resident green card for her in September 2014, and she was granted a conditional card last July. Ms Malik’s family is originally from Pakistan, and the intelligence services in Islamabad have reportedly been in touch with her relatives.

MORE

Last edited:
Indeed. What time should we expect Obama to come out and address this? I need to know his plan

-Geaux

I'll pass. It's just going to be another mealy mouth bunch of crap, tap dancing around Islamic Terror and pushing gun control and vague references to workplace violence. He is not my President he is a fraud.

I'll pass. It's just going to be another mealy mouth bunch of crap, tap dancing around Islamic Terror and pushing gun control and vague references to workplace violence. He is not my President he is a fraud.
It is clearly more indication of Obama as an abject failure.

-Geaux

Did you expect him to say it was terrorism before the investigators determined that it was?

Oblama said yesterday that this may be an act of terrorism.....What does Oblama need to do? Announce it with the the Mormon Tabernacle Choir doing background humming of America behind them?

It is clearly more indication of Obama as an abject failure.

-Geaux
He evidently has been more successful than you in life, how many times have you been elected president?

Obama kills terrorists.
Repubs/RWs arm them.

What's wrong with this picture?
Wow, I knew you thought the Magic Negro could walk on water, but don't you think it's a little far-fetched to tell us he's a REPUBLICAN???

After all, Obozo and Hillary ran guns to the terrorists from Benghazi!!!!

Did you expect him to say it was terrorism before the investigators determined that it was?
It was obvious but since he is POTUS I now look for his response. Don't you?

-Geaux

Only an idiot would make a statement like that before the investigators decided the nature of the attack. I guess that's why right wingers are so fired up about trump. They want a crazy president

-Geaux

Only an idiot would make a statement like that before the investigators decided the nature of the attack. I guess that's why right wingers are so fired up about trump. They want a crazy president

Why is that Clown Face?...Didn't the Obumanation do that with his friend the Boston professor, and the Black Thug Michael Brown?...Or are you going to finally be honest and call Obuma an idiot?

What disgruntled employee goes home and loads up like he's the Terminator?
Only in Obama world.

I just know there will be an impromptu Obama press conference to the American people. I put off going to the store so I don't miss it. Anyone know what time he is to speak? I need to hear his plans to deter this.

-Geaux
Obama thinks this is an opportunity to take our guns.

-Geaux

Why is that Clown Face?...Didn't the Obumanation do that with his friend the Boston professor, and the Black Thug Michael Brown?...Or are you going to finally be honest and call Obuma an idiot?

Were either of them terrorists?

-Geaux

So you won't answer the question. That's cool. We know that you know the answer but to ashamed to admit it

-Geaux

Forum List

Back