It's Time For Trump To Exercise His Article 2 Powers

The President, under Article 2, Section 3 has the authority to convene one or both houses of Congress in extraordinary circumstances. He could use these powers to keep Congress in DC instead of leaving to go home.

Article 2, Section 3

He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper; he shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers; he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.

I think this qualifies as an extraordinary occasion. Your thoughts?
Building a wall that wont work is not an extraordinary occasion. Those are my thoughts.

Tell that to the folks going without pay. It's time congress stays in town and does their job.

Trump is the one who needs to do his job. He is playing politics.

No he's demanding the border be secured, just like your dear leader did at one time, well at least until he got in a position to actually do it.

I don't have a dear leader. My dear leader was Ronald Reagan and he talked about tearing down walls not building them. There is no way he would ever pull anything like the garbage Trump is pulling.

Yeah, you can say that, doesn't make it true. Schumer made a deal with the devil palousey, and I think he's regretting it. I know many of the dems are. What happened to compromise? palousey says no to it.

But it is true. They had a compromise. tRump backed out because his media handlers didn't like it.

Compromise, not, it didn't include funding for new barriers, hint, we get everything we want and you get nothing isn't compromise. Many in the dem caucuses are tiring of palousey's intransigence. If Trump has to invoke his article 2 powers to keep them in DC he should.

But it included more than a billion dollars for border security.

For palousey's electronic dogs? That's not security, that's toys that will be obsolete in a couple of years. Commie contractors love that. An all of the above approach is needed, not palousey's NO. Trump should make her stay in DC till it changes to yes.

Even Giuliani supported a virtual fence at one time. Americans do not support building a wall.

Tell me when you have virtual walls on your house, and how long you would expect to hold on to you big screen TV.

The President, under Article 2, Section 3 has the authority to convene one or both houses of Congress in extraordinary circumstances. He could use these powers to keep Congress in DC instead of leaving to go home.

Article 2, Section 3

He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper; he shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers; he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.

Building a wall that wont work is not an extraordinary occasion. Those are my thoughts.

Tell that to the folks going without pay. It's time congress stays in town and does their job.

The House did do their job. They passed a bill. In the senate it sits.

So tell the class how many show votes are planned. This is reminiscent of the republican votes to abolish the ACA, knowing it would go no where in the senate, what was you opinion then?

Americans support the approach Democrats are taking. They do not support building a wall.

Article 2, Section 3

It doesn’t make any difference whether Congress is in session or members of Congress go home, it won’t facilitate the end of the shut down or funding of Trump’s ‘wall’ of fear, bigotry, and hate.

Only place I'm seeing fear, bigotry and hate is from the left.

If illegals knew they couldn't get in, they wouldn't come. This is what happens to many that try.

From 2001 through 2018, the remains of at least 3,011 dead migrants have been recovered in southern Arizona, according to the Humane Borders website.

Over 3,000 Dead Illegal Immigrants Found in AZ Desert

3,000 dead in 7 years, and they are just the ones they found, how many more lay there and in other States, wheres there is no organized search?

You folks shed crocodile tears over two kids for political gain, giving people false hope is more inhumane than any wall. You don't care about the country or those who come here illegally, it's all about power for you commies. Congress needs to do the work to fix this, not take time off.

Then you need to put on some glasses. Trump and his supporters are using fear, bigotry and hate as a weapon.

So tell the class what your solution is. And no using any talking points.

Take a couple of billion for security and build a virtual fence. It makes more sense than a wall.

But it is true. They had a compromise. tRump backed out because his media handlers didn't like it.

Compromise, not, it didn't include funding for new barriers, hint, we get everything we want and you get nothing isn't compromise. Many in the dem caucuses are tiring of palousey's intransigence. If Trump has to invoke his article 2 powers to keep them in DC he should.

For palousey's electronic dogs? That's not security, that's toys that will be obsolete in a couple of years. Commie contractors love that. An all of the above approach is needed, not palousey's NO. Trump should make her stay in DC till it changes to yes.

Even Giuliani supported a virtual fence at one time. Americans do not support building a wall.

Tell me when you have virtual walls on your house, and how long you would expect to hold on to you big screen TV.

Nobody is crossing the border to rob you.

Apples and oranges. Anyone can get into your house. All they have to do is break a window. That is why more people are relying on virtual services to keep their house safe.

Article 2, Section 3

No he's demanding the border be secured, just like your dear leader did at one time, well at least until he got in a position to actually do it.

I don't have a dear leader. My dear leader was Ronald Reagan and he talked about tearing down walls not building them. There is no way he would ever pull anything like the garbage Trump is pulling.

Really, Reagan demanded border security, the commies promised it, they lied.

Article 2, Section 3

on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjournthem to such Time as he shall think proper;

well what is extraordinary occasion

who know is really is vague

but since the articles is discussing State of the Union address which is to be given time to time (which is also pretty vague)

It also mentions disagreement between them which I would say between the house and senate. In which case he would require them to stay or leave

I don't think that there is disagreement between the house and senate.

The disagreement is with trump who fails to realize that Congress holds the purse

Mitch will not bring the measure to the floor in the Senate in order for them to vote. This is on Mitch

They had already voted and a bill was approved by both houses. Trump would not sign.

So its not the Senate and therefore should not apply

If trump wants to do a state of the union address then he should sign the bill and fight another day.

State of the Union address would be his prime time to say what everybody know what he will say

and the Demo will do a rebuttal

Move on to the next battle

Why do you lie?

Trump would have to veto the bill, pocket veto the bill, or the bill becomes law/

Absolutely none of that happened, dumbass!

of course the veto didn't happen , I never said it did

This is just your talking points how you present them

Senate pass a spending bill in Mid December that is the facts which you all don't even address or bother checking

House past a spending bill later that is a fact

the two bills needed to be reconciled as they were different

Still trump was sending mixed messages about what he would sign and if he was still "proud" to shut the government down.

That was the end of it.

Its still my opinion that if trump had said that he would sign the bill, then they would have gotten it to him before the shutdown

If you have any other points to make instead of dumbass then make them

because dumbass is not a point it just what is said when you have no point. .

Why do you still claim that Trump refused to sign? You admit that he never was in possession of a bill that passed both House and Senate, so you lied!

You cannot sign what you do not have.

If Trump said he would sign it, it would pass the Senate in 2 seconds flat. The fact is that the Senate and Trump were prepared to accept the bill that House Democrats passed until seditious people like Limbaugh, Hannity and Coulter egged him on.

PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN never supported a wall. This is what he supported.
"“Rather than talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems? Make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit, and they, while they’re working and earning here, they’d pay taxes here. And when they want to go back, they can go back. They can cross. Open borders both ways,”

Article 2, Section 3

The House did do their job. They passed a bill. In the senate it sits.

So tell the class how many show votes are planned. This is reminiscent of the republican votes to abolish the ACA, knowing it would go no where in the senate, what was you opinion then?

Americans support the approach Democrats are taking. They do not support building a wall.

Wrong, 80% of Americans want the border secured.

Apples and oranges. Anyone can get into your house. All they have to do is break a window. That is why more people are relying on virtual services to keep their house safe.

Nice deflection. I have yet to see an alarm keep anyone out of a house. Just like our border patrol can't stop illegals. A wall is a passive form of force, would you prefer active force be used?

PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN never supported a wall. This is what he supported.
"“Rather than talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems? Make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit, and they, while they’re working and earning here, they’d pay taxes here. And when they want to go back, they can go back. They can cross. Open borders both ways,”

An estimated 1.4 billion people form around the world would like to come here, are you going to give them all work permits? Reagan only had to deal with 3 million.

Last edited:
This has nothing to do with the Wall and everything to do with the 2020 election. Democrats want to portray Trump as a promise breaker.

Americans already know that Trump is dishonest and a liar.

Which Americans? The ones that voted him in?
No. Those americans are too stupid to know they got conned by the carnival barker in chief.

TDS alert
Yes. Everyone knows Drumpf is deranged.

Article 2, Section 3

Jim Acosta proved that walls do work.

Article 2, Section 3

Why?

He'd just stomp off in a huff.

Until palousey crawls out of the corner she painted herself in, he can't do anything, except make sure she stays in town. She might change her tune if she has to cancel some of those fund raisers.

This is Trump’s mess – he’s solely responsible; the consequence of Trump’s ignorance, arrogance, stupidity, and being unfit to be president.
The .democrats won't Discuss a compromise so this shutdown is on them now.

This has nothing to do with the Wall and everything to do with the 2020 election. Democrats want to portray Trump as a promise breaker.

Americans already know that Trump is dishonest and a liar.

Which Americans? The ones that voted him in?
No. Those americans are too stupid to know they got conned by the carnival barker in chief.

TDS alert
Yes. Everyone knows Drumpf is deranged.

Please show proof that “everyone” knows this. Thanks

Article 2, Section 3

It doesn’t make any difference whether Congress is in session or members of Congress go home, it won’t facilitate the end of the shut down or funding of Trump’s ‘wall’ of fear, bigotry, and hate.
but it will contain the fear, bigotry, and hatred of the Democrat party to the two chambers of Congress. They can hold out while looking at each other.

Forum List

Back