It's Time For Trump To Exercise His Article 2 Powers

The President, under Article 2, Section 3 has the authority to convene one or both houses of Congress in extraordinary circumstances. He could use these powers to keep Congress in DC instead of leaving to go home.

Article 2, Section 3

He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper; he shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers; he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.

I think this qualifies as an extraordinary occasion. Your thoughts?
Building a wall that wont work is not an extraordinary occasion. Those are my thoughts.

Tell that to the folks going without pay. It's time congress stays in town and does their job.

I already told the folks without pay that Mitch wont bring anything to a vote because Drumpf is having a temper tantrum over a wall the american people dont want.

The vast majority of the American people have no clue except for what the MSM is telling them. They are parroting the MSM, just like you are. It's palousey that's preventing a compromise, not Trump.

The majority of American people don't want to be invaded by thousands of diseased central Americans foisting their diseased children on us.

Build the wall. Deport them all.

This has nothing to do with the Wall and everything to do with the 2020 election. Democrats want to portray Trump as a promise breaker.

And Trump shouldn't let them leave town till something is done. I think he going to declare a state of emergency tomorrow. And I think the republicans in the senate will back it. He'll take his funding and palousey will be powerless to stop it. Then she'll have to reauthorize the funding he took, that's why taking disaster funding would be perfect. It would be easier if she gave him the 5.6 billion.

Why?

He'd just stomp off in a huff.

Until palousey crawls out of the corner she painted herself in, he can't do anything, except make sure she stays in town. She might change her tune if she has to cancel some of those fund raisers.

This is Trump’s mess – he’s solely responsible; the consequence of Trump’s ignorance, arrogance, stupidity, and being unfit to be president.

Yeah, you can say that, doesn't make it true. Schumer made a deal with the devil palousey, and I think he's regretting it. I know many of the dems are. What happened to compromise? palousey says no to it.

But it is true. They had a compromise. tRump backed out because his media handlers didn't like it.

Compromise, not, it didn't include funding for new barriers, hint, we get everything we want and you get nothing isn't compromise. Many in the dem caucuses are tiring of palousey's intransigence. If Trump has to invoke his article 2 powers to keep them in DC he should.

But it included more than a billion dollars for border security.

Until palousey crawls out of the corner she painted herself in, he can't do anything, except make sure she stays in town. She might change her tune if she has to cancel some of those fund raisers.

This is Trump’s mess – he’s solely responsible; the consequence of Trump’s ignorance, arrogance, stupidity, and being unfit to be president.

Yeah, you can say that, doesn't make it true. Schumer made a deal with the devil palousey, and I think he's regretting it. I know many of the dems are. What happened to compromise? palousey says no to it.

But it is true. They had a compromise. tRump backed out because his media handlers didn't like it.

Compromise, not, it didn't include funding for new barriers, hint, we get everything we want and you get nothing isn't compromise. Many in the dem caucuses are tiring of palousey's intransigence. If Trump has to invoke his article 2 powers to keep them in DC he should.

For palousey's electronic dogs? That's not security, that's toys that will be obsolete in a couple of years. Commie contractors love that. An all of the above approach is needed, not palousey's NO. Trump should make her stay in DC till it changes to yes.

For palousey's electronic dogs? That's not security, that's toys that will be obsolete in a couple of years. Commie contractors love that. An all of the above approach is needed, not palousey's NO. Trump should make her stay in DC till it changes to yes.

tRump should have done what he said he was gonna do instead of backing out because rush criticised him.

Forget about state run media, we are living in a media run state.

tRump should have done what he said he was gonna do instead of backing out because rush criticised him.

Forget about state run media, we are living in a media run state.

Yeah, that's why smucky didn't support the house bill before Christmas.

The President, under Article 2, Section 3 has the authority to convene one or both houses of Congress in extraordinary circumstances. He could use these powers to keep Congress in DC instead of leaving to go home.

Article 2, Section 3

He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper; he shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers; he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.

on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjournthem to such Time as he shall think proper;

well what is extraordinary occasion

who know is really is vague

but since the articles is discussing State of the Union address which is to be given time to time (which is also pretty vague)

It also mentions disagreement between them which I would say between the house and senate. In which case he would require them to stay or leave

I don't think that there is disagreement between the house and senate.

The disagreement is with trump who fails to realize that Congress holds the purse

Mitch will not bring the measure to the floor in the Senate in order for them to vote. This is on Mitch

They had already voted and a bill was approved by both houses. Trump would not sign.

So its not the Senate and therefore should not apply

If trump wants to do a state of the union address then he should sign the bill and fight another day.

State of the Union address would be his prime time to say what everybody know what he will say

and the Demo will do a rebuttal

Move on to the next battle

Article 2, Section 3

on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjournthem to such Time as he shall think proper;

but since the articles is discussing State of the Union address which is to be given time to time (which is also pretty vague)

It also mentions disagreement between them which I would say between the house and senate. In which case he would require them to stay or leave

The disagreement is with trump who fails to realize that Congress holds the purse

Mitch will not bring the measure to the floor in the Senate in order for them to vote. This is on Mitch

They had already voted and a bill was approved by both houses. Trump would not sign.

If trump wants to do a state of the union address then he should sign the bill and fight another day.

State of the Union address would be his prime time to say what everybody know what he will say

Wow, there is just sooooooo much you know that is obviously WRONG, where to start?

I assuming you were asking what an extraordinary occasion is, as with many things in the Constitution that is left to the discretion of the president. I think the longest lapse in funding in history would qualify.

Of course there is, neither house has passed the same bill, without that the president has no opportunity to sign anything.

Wrong again, if the president doesn't sign the law goes into effect automatically, and he hasn't vetoed a bill.

So wake up and smell the coffee, you need to get better informed. Congress needs to stay in town and do their job.

Chuck and nancy are going to be put on the spot if Trump offers a pathway to citizenship for DACA illegals in exchange for a wall . If they say yes Trump wins , if they say no the Republicans gain millions of new voters from the legal mexican community, and Trump wins. 2020 is going to be such a landslide for Republicans.

Americans want a wall that Mexico is paying for, so far Mexico has paid zero so zero portions of the wall are complete.

Whatever keeps the chaos, confusion, disruption, and deadlock going is good with me.

Americans want a wall that Mexico is paying for, so far Mexico has paid zero so zero portions of the wall are complete.

The topic isn't the wall, it's the power of the president to convene congress. Please stay on topic.

Article 2, Section 3

Wow, there is just sooooooo much you know that is obviously WRONG, where to start?

I assuming you were asking what an extraordinary occasion is, as with many things in the Constitution that is left to the discretion of the president. I think the longest lapse in funding in history would qualify.

Still if you read the who thing it starts out with the State of the Union address
which put the rest of the sentence in prospective

I can you can see why Pelosi wanted to cancel the state of the Union address

Of course there is, neither house has passed the same bill, without that the president has no opportunity to sign anything.

Wrong again, if the president doesn't sign the law goes into effect automatically, and he hasn't vetoed a bill.

So wake up and smell the coffee, you need to get better informed. Congress needs to stay in town and do their job.

Some people need more than coffee to wake up and see beyond what they believe

Still you miss the point

The sentence leads off with State of the Union, it then uses a semicolon to link the two parts of the sentence.

So the leads sentence clearly refers the the State of the Union Address and the following sentence is related to disagreements in the State of the Union Address.

So when Pelosi recommended that the State of the Union address be postpone that really was cleaver of her because it nullified the above

but your argument is that this section means that the president can call into play the extraordinary occasion at anytime he wants

So you are looking at the second part of the sentence and it fits with what you want it to fit and ignore the first part of the sentence because it doesn't

I will give you that one

They did pass spending bills but they were different.

Still if trump had said that he will sign any short term spending bill without the wall funding it would have been resolved and the government would not have shut down.

Congress would have resolved the differences

Short term spending bill was approved by both houses. Granted they were different but they could have resolved. Trump and his administration (depending on who said what) had said that he would not sign anything without 5 billion for the wall

OF course he had no vetoed anything yet, he was just threatening too.

Article 2, Section 3

Still if you read the who thing it starts out with the State of the Union address
which put the rest of the sentence in prospective

I can you can see why Pelosi wanted to cancel the state of the Union address

Some people need more than coffee to wake up and see beyond what they believe

Still you miss the point

The sentence leads off with State of the Union, it then uses a semicolon to link the two parts of the sentence.

So the leads sentence clearly refers the the State of the Union Address and the following sentence is related to disagreements in the State of the Union Address.

So when Pelosi recommended that the State of the Union address be postpone that really was cleaver of her because it nullified the above

but your argument is that this section means that the president can call into play the extraordinary occasion at anytime he wants

So you are looking at the second part of the sentence and it fits with what you want it to fit and ignore the first part of the sentence because it doesn't

I will give you that one

They did pass spending bills but they were different.

Still if trump had said that he will sign any short term spending bill without the wall funding it would have been resolved and the government would not have shut down.

Congress would have resolved the differences

Short term spending bill was approved by both houses. Granted they were different but they could have resolved. Trump and his administration (depending on who said what) had said that he would not sign anything without 5 billion for the wall

OF course he had no vetoed anything yet, he was just threatening too.

So to sum up your long winded response, we agree that a bill hasn't been presented to the president to sign. Second you are clueless how the founders punctuated the Constitution. They often used semicolons to pause and separate individual powers. Article 1, Section 8 is a prime example. BTW the State of the Union address was done in writing up to the advent of radio.

Article 2, Section 3

Hey idiot, Congress is already in session.

Article 2, Section 3

Hey idiot, Congress is already in session.

Yeah, with plans to leave. palousey wouldn't even be in the country if she had her way. They also had a month long recess planned, I don't know where that stands now. No one should get a day off till this is resolved.

Article 2, Section 3

Building a wall that wont work is not an extraordinary occasion. Those are my thoughts.

Tell that to the folks going without pay. It's time congress stays in town and does their job.

The House did do their job. They passed a bill. In the senate it sits.

Article 2, Section 3

So tell the class how many show votes are planned. This is reminiscent of the republican votes to abolish the ACA, knowing it would go no where in the senate, what was you opinion then?

Article 2, Section 3

So tell the class how many show votes are planned. This is reminiscent of the republican votes to abolish the ACA, knowing it would go no where in the senate, what was you opinion then?

Are you saying the Senate will never reopen the government? Interesting.

Article 2, Section 3

So tell the class how many show votes are planned. This is reminiscent of the republican votes to abolish the ACA, what was you opinion then?

Dunno. But you can’t say the Congress isn’t doing it’s job. The House has. The Senate is not so far.

What always tickles me is that if you’re a republican senator and you’re 100% sure the GOP voters in your state want this wall; what is the “danger” in voting against the House Bill? Why do you need shielding? You should be telling the Majority Leader to schedule the vote so you can do what you were elected to do, vote on bills; negotiate what you think is a better deal, and move on to the next issue facing the nation.

The same question could have been asked about the crap Harry Reid pulled with the ACA votes. But, in that case, it turns out the GOP was not ready to repeal the ACA after all. I don’t think we have that issue with the wall from the Democrats.

Forum List

Back