It's Time For Trump To Exercise His Article 2 Powers

OKTexas

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2012
Near Magnolia, TX
The President, under Article 2, Section 3 has the authority to convene one or both houses of Congress in extraordinary circumstances. He could use these powers to keep Congress in DC instead of leaving to go home.

Article 2, Section 3

He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper; he shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers; he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.

I think this qualifies as an extraordinary occasion. Your thoughts?

The President, under Article 2, Section 3 has the authority to convene one or both houses of Congress in extraordinary circumstances. He could use these powers to keep Congress in DC instead of leaving to go home.

Article 2, Section 3

He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper; he shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers; he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.

Why?

He'd just stomp off in a huff.

Article 2, Section 3

Your thoughts?

It’s time for congress to exercise it’s 25 th amendment power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s time for you to not exercise your 1st amendment power

Article 2, Section 3

Building a wall that wont work is not an extraordinary occasion. Those are my thoughts.

Article 2, Section 3

Why?

Until palousey crawls out of the corner she painted herself in, he can't do anything, except make sure she stays in town. She might change her tune if she has to cancel some of those fund raisers.

Article 2, Section 3

Building a wall that wont work is not an extraordinary occasion. Those are my thoughts.

Tell that to the folks going without pay. It's time congress stays in town and does their job.

Article 2, Section 3

Tell that to the folks going without pay. It's time congress stays in town and does their job.

I already told the folks without pay that Mitch wont bring anything to a vote because Drumpf is having a temper tantrum over a wall the american people dont want.

Article 2, Section 3

I already told the folks without pay that Mitch wont bring anything to a vote because Drumpf is having a temper tantrum over a wall the american people dont want.

The vast majority of the American people have no clue except for what the MSM is telling them. They are parroting the MSM, just like you are. It's palousey that's preventing a compromise, not Trump.

Article 2, Section 3

Your thoughts?

It’s time for congress to exercise it’s 25 th amendment power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s time for you to not exercise your 1st amendment power
See? Who wants to take rights away from fellow Americans?

Article 2, Section 3

LOL

It's time for Trump to resign.

Article 2, Section 3

It doesn’t make any difference whether Congress is in session or members of Congress go home, it won’t facilitate the end of the shut down or funding of Trump’s ‘wall’ of fear, bigotry, and hate.

Article 2, Section 3

Why?

Until palousey crawls out of the corner she painted herself in, he can't do anything, except make sure she stays in town. She might change her tune if she has to cancel some of those fund raisers.

This is Trump’s mess – he’s solely responsible; the consequence of Trump’s ignorance, arrogance, stupidity, and being unfit to be president.

Article 2, Section 3

The vast majority of the American people have no clue except for what the MSM is telling them. They are parroting the MSM, just like you are. It's palousey that's preventing a compromise, not Trump.

McConnell Blocked the Senate From Voting on a Spending Bill Without Wall Funding

Do I need to provide you the definition of "compromise"? Hint that ain't it.

Stay on topic. Stop trolling/flaming.

Yeah, providing a physical barrier to block hordes of soon-to-be wards of the state is NOT what the American people want. They love saddling generations of their own decedents with mountains of debt.

In fact, I will bet the American people would like to surrender their right to vote to the rest of the world. They don't need that stinking vote anyway. Fuck it. The American people should be working for the rest of humanity.

:laughing0301:

Article 2, Section 3

It doesn’t make any difference whether Congress is in session or members of Congress go home, it won’t facilitate the end of the shut down or funding of Trump’s ‘wall’ of fear, bigotry, and hate.

Only place I'm seeing fear, bigotry and hate is from the left.

If illegals knew they couldn't get in, they wouldn't come. This is what happens to many that try.

From 2001 through 2018, the remains of at least 3,011 dead migrants have been recovered in southern Arizona, according to the Humane Borders website.

Over 3,000 Dead Illegal Immigrants Found in AZ Desert

3,000 dead in 7 years, and they are just the ones they found, how many more lay there and in other States, wheres there is no organized search?

You folks shed crocodile tears over two kids for political gain, giving people false hope is more inhumane than any wall. You don't care about the country or those who come here illegally, it's all about power for you commies. Congress needs to do the work to fix this, not take time off.

Article 2, Section 3

Why?

This is Trump’s mess – he’s solely responsible; the consequence of Trump’s ignorance, arrogance, stupidity, and being unfit to be president.

Yeah, you can say that, doesn't make it true. Schumer made a deal with the devil palousey, and I think he's regretting it. I know many of the dems are. What happened to compromise? palousey says no to it.

Article 2, Section 3

Why?

Yeah, you can say that, doesn't make it true. Schumer made a deal with the devil palousey, and I think he's regretting it. I know many of the dems are. What happened to compromise? palousey says no to it.

But it is true. They had a compromise. tRump backed out because his media handlers didn't like it.

This has nothing to do with the Wall and everything to do with the 2020 election. Democrats want to portray Trump as a promise breaker.

Article 2, Section 3

Why?

But it is true. They had a compromise. tRump backed out because his media handlers didn't like it.

Compromise, not, it didn't include funding for new barriers, hint, we get everything we want and you get nothing isn't compromise. Many in the dem caucuses are tiring of palousey's intransigence. If Trump has to invoke his article 2 powers to keep them in DC he should.

Forum List

Back