Ivanka Trumps Endorsement Of Goya Foods Puts Her In Serious Legal Trouble

Ms. Trump’s Goya tweet is clearly a violation of the government’s misuse of position regulation, 5 C.F.R. § 2635.702. Ms. Trump has had ethics training. She knows better. But she did it anyway because no one in this administration cares about government ethics,” Shaub says.

What elected position does she have?

Oh, right. None.

Goodbye.
She’s a government employee which is exactly who the law covers.

Wrong, she is her dads advisor. She gets no pay.

LOL. She has a conflict of interest between her unpaid post versus her unpaid job. Hang her!

The sheer stupidity of these people is astonishing, ain't it.

You should really be more careful about who you call stupid. I’m right on this one.

You guys are a bunch of idiots.

There is no law that requires a volunteer to comply, maybe she "re-imagined" her roll. Isn't that a good thing with you commies?

She's an employee, not a volunteer. She can't re-imagine the law.
/—-/ How much is she paid?

An employee shall not use his public office for his own private gain,

Hey, colfax_m since the statute you quoted includes the above, enlighten all of us as to exactly what private gain Ivanka received.

This should be fun. :iyfyus.jpg:

Are you aware that you didn't post the entire statute?
Yep.

I posted what you keep editing out.......ya know, the part that proves you are full of shit.
I don't care about that part, because it's not relevant. I never claimed that she's using her office for her own private gain.

Ms. Trump’s Goya tweet is clearly a violation of the government’s misuse of position regulation, 5 C.F.R. § 2635.702. Ms. Trump has had ethics training. She knows better. But she did it anyway because no one in this administration cares about government ethics,” Shaub says.

Oh, right. None.

Goodbye.

Her pay is irrelevant. She is a government employee.

Not clicking with what an "employee" is, are you? She also wasn't paid for promoting Goya.

OK, so Obama was paid. And he promoted the Chevy Volt. What should have happened to him in your view?
She’s an employee. It doesn’t matter if she’s paid or not. She signed up as an employee. You can be an unpaid employee, kiddo. That doesn’t exempt one from ethics laws.

The president is specifically exempted from the law in question.

You're still only addressing half the equation and obviously doing it on purpose because you realize you're wrong.

If she were PAID by Goya, that would be an argument. She's benefiting from being an unpaid advisor.

But she's making nothing off any of this. That's where your argument falls apart, and you know it, which is why you're dancing and evading addressing the whole picture at once

§ 2635.702 Use of public office for private gain.
An employee shall not use his public office for his own private gain, for the endorsement of any product, service or enterprise, or for the private gain of friends, relatives, or persons with whom the employee is affiliated in a nongovernmental capacity, including nonprofit organizations of which the employee is an officer or member, and persons with whom the employee has or seeks employment or business relations. The specific prohibitions set forth in paragraphs (a) through (d) of this section apply this general standard, but are not intended to be exclusive or to limit the application of this section.

She's not allowed to endorse products.

There was no private GAIN, DUMB ASS!

Oh, right. None.

Goodbye.

LOL. She has a conflict of interest between her unpaid post versus her unpaid job. Hang her!

You should really be more careful about who you call stupid. I’m right on this one.

There is no law that requires a volunteer to comply, maybe she "re-imagined" her roll. Isn't that a good thing with you commies?

She's an employee, not a volunteer. She can't re-imagine the law.
/—-/ How much is she paid?
She's not. But she's still an employee as defined by the law.

Oh, right. None.

Goodbye.

Not clicking with what an "employee" is, are you? She also wasn't paid for promoting Goya.

OK, so Obama was paid. And he promoted the Chevy Volt. What should have happened to him in your view?
She’s an employee. It doesn’t matter if she’s paid or not. She signed up as an employee. You can be an unpaid employee, kiddo. That doesn’t exempt one from ethics laws.

You're still only addressing half the equation and obviously doing it on purpose because you realize you're wrong.

If she were PAID by Goya, that would be an argument. She's benefiting from being an unpaid advisor.

But she's making nothing off any of this. That's where your argument falls apart, and you know it, which is why you're dancing and evading addressing the whole picture at once

An employee shall not use his public office for his own private gain, for the endorsement of any product, service or enterprise, or for the private gain of friends, relatives, or persons with whom the employee is affiliated in a nongovernmental capacity, including nonprofit organizations of which the employee is an officer or member, and persons with whom the employee has or seeks employment or business relations. The specific prohibitions set forth in paragraphs (a) through (d) of this section apply this general standard, but are not intended to be exclusive or to limit the application of this section.

There was no private GAIN, DUMB ASS!

So what? She's still not allowed to endorse products.

Oh, right. None.

Goodbye.

Again, that argument would work ... if ... Goya paid her. But they didn't. She got no benefit.

Not like Hunter who you defend to hell and back

Well at least we can move on from "she's not an employee". Read the law in question. Posted just above.

Done, it proves you have no clue what the hell you're talking about.

Oh, right. None.

Goodbye.

Again, that argument would work ... if ... Goya paid her. But they didn't. She got no benefit.

Not like Hunter who you defend to hell and back

Well at least we can move on from "she's not an employee". Read the law in question. Posted just above.

Done, it proves you have no clue what the hell you're talking about.

And you do know what you're talking about?

Oh, right. None.

Goodbye.
Barry endorses Chevy Volt....

Hey, colfax_m why isn't this a violation of the law you keep editing? :laughing0301:

The president isn't considered an employee in this law.

Here's the legal definition used:
Employee means any officer or employee of an agency, including a special Government employee. It includes officers but not enlisted members of the uniformed services. It includes employees of a State or local government or other organization who are serving on detail to an agency, pursuant to 5 U.S.C. 3371, et seq. For purposes other than subparts B and C of this part, it does not include the President or Vice President. Status as an employee is unaffected by pay or leave status or, in the case of a special Government employee, by the fact that the individual does not perform official duties on a given day.

Weird how you can click on all the links in your quote, and none of them back you up.

Hmmmm.......................... :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:

Oh, right. None.

Goodbye.

Hey, colfax_m why isn't this a violation of the law you keep editing? :laughing0301:

Employee means any officer or employee of an agency, including a special Government employee. It includes officers but not enlisted members of the uniformed services. It includes employees of a State or local government or other organization who are serving on detail to an agency, pursuant to 5 U.S.C. 3371, et seq. For purposes other than subparts B and C of this part, it does not include the President or Vice President. Status as an employee is unaffected by pay or leave status or, in the case of a special Government employee, by the fact that the individual does not perform official duties on a given day.

Weird how you can click on all the links in your quote, and none of them back you up.

Can you actually read? The link I provided specifically says the president and vice president aren't considered employees which means they're not covered by the law.

Hey, colfax_m since the statute you quoted includes the above, enlighten all of us as to exactly what private gain Ivanka received.

Yep.

I posted what you keep editing out.......ya know, the part that proves you are full of shit.
I don't care about that part, because it's not relevant. I never claimed that she's using her office for her own private gain.
Um, you claimed she violated the statute. The statute requires "private gain".

You are really stupid if you think you are getting away with this moronic bullshit. But by all means, carry on.

I will enjoy pummeling you about the head and face by throwing your lies and bullshit right back at you. :laughing0301:

Oh, right. None.

Goodbye.

Can you actually read? The link I provided specifically says the president and vice president aren't considered employees which means they're not covered by the law.

I clicked on all the links in your quote................none say what you claim.

Oops!

Yep.

You are really stupid if you think you are getting away with this moronic bullshit. But by all means, carry on.

I will enjoy pummeling you about the head and face by throwing your lies and bullshit right back at you. :laughing0301:
The statute does note require private gain. You idiots can barely read.

Oh, right. None.

Goodbye.

I clicked on all the links in your quote................none say what you claim.

Oops!

Yes, it does. Let me put it in bigger letters for you so that you actually read it.

Employee means any officer or employee of an agency, including a special Government employee. It includes officers but not enlisted members of the uniformed services. It includes employees of a State or local government or other organization who are serving on detail to an agency, pursuant to 5 U.S.C. 3371, et seq. For purposes other than subparts B and C of this part, it does not include the President or Vice President.

Yep.

Oh, right. None.

Goodbye.

Oops!

Yes, it does. Let me put it in bigger letters for you so that you actually read it.

Employee means any officer or employee of an agency, including a special Government employee. It includes officers but not enlisted members of the uniformed services. It includes employees of a State or local government or other organization who are serving on detail to an agency, pursuant to 5 U.S.C. 3371, et seq. For purposes other than subparts B and C of this part, it does not include the President or Vice President.

None of your links specify what "subparts B and C" are because none of you links actually say "it does not include the P and VP", Moron.

Your slight of hand won't work.

Post a single link, that specifies what parts apply, and what parts don't apply to the P and VP.

This should be fun.

Yep.

Whats the next part of that sentence?

OP's cheese done slid off'n his cracker.. ;)

Probably due to TDS.

Oh, right. None.

Goodbye.

Right. She didn't gain. That's the point I keep making. Do you understand Goya didn't pay her? You don't, do you?

Hunter on the other hand got his daddy to redirect millions of dollars his way and you don't give a shit
The law specifically says they're not allowed to endorse any product regardless of personal gain.

You might want to sign up for a remedial reading class, that's not what the law says.

Forum List

Back