Ivy League Universities Received $41.6B in Taxpayer Money Over 6 Years

Who said anything of the sort? Just curious why Harvard, Yale, etc., need billions of taxpayer $$.
To fund research projects

Federal funds come with compliance requirements. Violently supressing free speech should cause a freeze on funds until universities get their students under control.

If university funds were on the line, you can be sure administrations will crack down on professors instigating or encouraging these riots.

Also, if you don't want the American flag there or American military recruiters, you shouldn't want American taxpayer money either!
I got no issues with the flag being anywhere in the US. But it's rather rediculous to require it or strip funding from schools that choose not to fly it.

Aren't we the PC crybaby . Oh the irony .
How so? You really gotta work on using your words if you are trying to make a point. Sounds like you are just regurgitating talking points without context to the conversation. I wouldn't put it past you... Let me guess, A snide snowflake insult is coming next...

In the scheme of spending by a government that spends over three trillion dollars a year, this is what someone thinks is worth griping about?

FullSizeRender.jpg

War, empire, military.

The educated are the enemy.

Who said anything of the sort? Just curious why Harvard, Yale, etc., need billions of taxpayer $$.

Federal funds come with compliance requirements. Violently supressing free speech should cause a freeze on funds until universities get their students under control.

If university funds were on the line, you can be sure administrations will crack down on professors instigating or encouraging these riots.
Sounds too manipulative and authoritarian for my blood. Increase security if violence is occurring other than that students have the right to protest and you have the right to call them snowflakes for protesting if you want

I specified violent and riot. The administration is responsible for their staff. Protesting is fine and very American. Threats of violence and rioting are not protests. They are crimes.

Also, if you don't want the American flag there or American military recruiters, you shouldn't want American taxpayer money either!
I got no issues with the flag being anywhere in the US. But it's rather rediculous to require it or strip funding from schools that choose not to fly it.

Personally, I think it's a lesson. If the US is so evil you can't bear to see her flag, surely you don't want their evil blood money. If American citizens are not free to speak in support of our POTUS, our military, or their values, free speech is being supressed. Civil rights are being violated with the blessing of the university staff and administration. Tax dollars should NOT be awarded to universities not in compliance with our basic freedoms.

The compliance requirements should all force them into Bob Jones, Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson indoctrination camps.

Oh he'll no! Compliance should certainly include NOT supressing basic civil right with threats, violence and riots. Do you disagree?

Aren't we the PC crybaby . Oh the irony .
How so? You really gotta work on using your words if you are trying to make a point. Sounds like you are just regurgitating talking points without context to the conversation. I wouldn't put it past you... Let me guess, A snide snowflake insult is coming next...

How so? It's righty PC . If you don't do somthing as superficial as flying the flag then you must be punished ! You are no different than the lefty PC folk .

Tax dollars should NOT be awarded to universities not in compliance with our basic freedoms.

Freedoms like free speech ? You contradict yourself .

I haven't been on campus for a while, but I remember that back in the day the anti military thing resolved around the discriminatory polices against gays.

How much did Israel get over the last 6 years?
Enough for all this:

• Israeli arms sales to Europe grew from $724M in 2014 to $1.63B in 2015
  • Although the size of New Jersey Israel is one of the top 10 arms dealing nations in the world
  • Israel produces 60% of all drones worldwide and sells to over 50 countries, at times selling to both sides of a given conflict, and Israel fueled the drones arms race between India and Pakistan
Palestine is an open air weapons testing and crowd control laboratory with Palestinians being used in the development phase; Gaza is a lab of mass destruction. US super bunker busters were supplied to the Israelis in 2014 and investors stock shot up; war is just business after all.

The “War in Terror” has been a boon to the industry, you’ve seen what amounts to advertisement in every “news” outlet, we are being whipped up into a frenzy once again. The industry also pioneers crowd control research on the Palestinians, and Israel is involved in the training of American forces and law enforcement. We see this in the militarization of our own police departments, Ferguson was but one example of how our system is prepping to Palestinianize our own population, and in fact Ferguson now has Israeli developed/sold skunk spray post the Ferguson events, although no incidents have yet been reported of use on American streets. It’s pretty clear that the Israeli occupation style power structure is moving toward the same in America; a warehousing of the poor in a post industrial age with diminishing living wage jobs and privatized for profit prisons complete with a return to convict leasing.

Much of the security monitoring and mass surveillance technologies are also produced in Israel and sold across the globe. “Targeted assassination” was invented in Israel, which Obama was quite fond of. Abu Ghraib torture methods? Israel.

The US and Israel are not allies. The US and Israeli arms dealers are allies, and war is the business they are both in. We are all collateral damage.
You know, none of this surprises me too much but it's still unsettling to see the depth of the 'everything for money' mindset playing out.

I remember a televised meeting between AIPAC and all of the Republican candidates for the 2008 Presidential election. It was basically an ass kissing contest between all of the candidates for the benefit of AIPAC. Sickening!

Tax dollars should NOT be awarded to universities not in compliance with our basic freedoms.

Freedoms like free speech ? You contradict yourself .

I haven't been on campus for a while, but I remember that back in the day the anti military thing resolved around the discriminatory polices against gays.

No, I do not. I have repeatedly said "violence," "threats" and "riots." I specifically said proests are good and very American. The violent, threatening and rioters are trampling the free speech rights of those they disagree with to the point that speakers have to be shuffled out the back under security for their own safety. That is suppressing free speech via tyranny.

Forum List

Back