James Monroe was only 18 when he signed the Declaration of Independence. Aaron Burr only 20.

Or at least according to MTG. I think the person who notes that it's a good thing she was born here as she could never pass a citizenship exam.

Shouldn't we expect better?

Marjorie Taylor Greene Botches Basic American History In Most Humiliating Way
And yet we have had presidents who thought there were 57 states. We currently have one that is running for a second term that thinks a state he did not run in helped him get elected in the senate, has no idea how he was raised, and basically is completely lost.
I wish we had candidates like Eisenhower or JFK even for senators or representatives. But we get only those that are not worth a plug nickel

And yet we have had presidents who thought there were 57 states. We currently have one that is running for a second term that thinks a state he did not run in helped him get elected in the senate, has no idea how he was raised, and basically is completely lost.

But he does have a valid excuse. Age will do that to many of us. Ignorance is something you choose.

I wish we had candidates like Eisenhower or JFK even for senators or representatives. But we get only those that are not worth a plug nickel

Not a huge fan of either. I'll give Ike his military leadership but despite saying he learned from it, he did not.

But he does have a valid excuse. Age will do that to many of us. Ignorance is something you choose.

Not a huge fan of either. I'll give Ike his military leadership but despite saying he learned from it, he did not.
A valid excuse does not make him a good candidate.
In fact he was never a good candidate

I can understand that you would not care for either. You have proven that

I never said it did.

The topic is MTG and her ignorance though.
You seem to have missed that I was replying to you. I pointed out that we have very bad candidates. Some even becoming president.
So if you want to make it strictly about her then fine. She is an example of all the very bad candidates we get. No worse or no better than any other. Be careful or Quam may tip over.

You seem to have missed that I was replying to you. I pointed out that we have very bad candidates. Some even becoming president.
So if you want to make it strictly about her then fine. She is an example of all the very bad candidates we get. No worse or no better than any other. Be careful or Quam may tip over.

She is clearly worse than some. As bad as some others also.

Or at least according to MTG. I think the person who notes that it's a good thing she was born here as she could never pass a citizenship exam.

Shouldn't we expect better?

Marjorie Taylor Greene Botches Basic American History In Most Humiliating Way
There are Congressmen that think that the moon is really made up of gas and is really a planet.

Others think that islands like Guam may tip over if there are too many people on one side.

There is no doubt about it, the leaders within government are the cream of the crop.

There are Congressmen that think that the moon is really made up of gas and is really a planet.

Others think that islands like Guam may tip over if there are too many people on one side.

There is no doubt about it, the leaders within government are the cream of the crop.

We elect them. How does that come about?

We elect them. How does that come about?
Democrats elected a stroke patient in Fetterman that could not even talk and a literal dead man last election

Now they will attempt to do the same with Biden.

It is the DNC election machine, call it cheating, say it's rigged, whatever.

It is what it is.

Democrats elected a stroke patient in Fetterman that could not even talk and a literal dead man last election

I can answer my own question here. He won for one reason. The Republicans ran a carpet bagger. How is it they couldn't find even one Pennsylvanian to run?

Now they will attempt to do the same with Biden.

It is the DNC election machine, call it cheating, say it's rigged, whatever.

It is what it is.
In the final analysis, Democrats don't win because they cheat...

They win because they're better at convincing voters that they can do more for the common man than Pubs can...

In the first 60 or 70 years of the life span of the Republican Party it was considered the Party of the Working Man...

And then came the World War One era and the GOP was subverted by Big Business interests, betraying their origins...

The GOP became the Party of the Monied Interests and the Democrats merely moved into that political vaccum...

The Democrats have benefitted from their identity as the Party of the Working Man for more than a century...

But the world turns and conditions and perceptions and players change, and things eventually come full circle...

Presently, the Democrats are re-assuming the mantle of Party of the Elites and Monied Interests and Academia...

Leaving the Working Man behind - again...

Presently, the Republicans are working on regaining that mantle for themselves, as Party of the Working Man...

Whether they succeed at it or not over the next decade or so still remains to be seen, but they're well on their way...

The Democrats can-and-do, indeed, cheat from time to time, although they did not steal the 2020 election from you...

They're just better at suckering the Working Man than you are...

You have to get better at it...

Keep working on it... :cool:

Last edited:
pknopp

As the “silent member” of the Congress, Jefferson, at 33, drafted the Declaration of Independence. In years following he labored to make its words a reality in Virginia. Most notably, he wrote a bill establishing religious freedom, enacted in 1786. Jefferson succeeded Benjamin Franklin as minister to France in 1785.

Forum List

Back