Jamie Hood: Would you defend him?

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
Jamie Hood was a black man from my hometown of Athens, GA, who shot killed a white Clarke County Police Officer and severely injured a black officer in March of 2011. It was not long afterwards almost every black person decided to defend him, all because of his skin color. Some hurled racial epithets against SPO Buddy Christian, the white cop he killed that day. Since then he has made a mockery of the justice system here in my state. Begging and pleading for his now forfeit life.

This leads me to a question. Would any Liberal espousing racial equality defend him for what he did? Would anyone dare say he should be treated fairly because of his being a black man? Would any of the anti-gun liberals speak out because the crime was committed with a firearm?

Shirley Jones and Darren Williams were coming home to their Sycamore Drive apartment about 1:30 p.m. Tuesday after looking for jobs and planning their wedding.

As they approached Cascades on the River, an apartment complex near theirs, they saw a middle-aged white man with curly blond hair run across the street, they said. A thin, barefoot, bald black man in his 30s wearing baggy clothes followed. From about 100 feet away, Williams and Jones said they saw the black man - identified by police as Jamie Hood, 33 - shoot into a police car that had just pulled into the parking lot. He then shot into another car police car parked across the street, doubled back, shot into the first police car again and ran off, the couple said.

"We saw everything plain," Jones said. "It was surreal."

Williams, 41, said he was tempted to step on the gas.

"If I had another couple feet on him, the first thing on my mind was, 'Run him over,' " he said.

His thoughts turned to Jones' daughters, Markissa, 18, and Jamyria, 11, who were at home - in the direction the gunman ran. So, instead, Williams backed up, turned around and drove away. He tried to get to his apartment complex, Regency Park, through a nearby office park off West Broad Street, but found that police had already blocked the way.

They later talked to the sisters over the phone, and they were both safe.

Jones, 38, said she thought the neighborhood was a quiet one, and she was shocked by the violence. Now, she said she is scared and considering moving.

"I'm worried about safety," she said. "I'm worried about security. It's so sad to see this happen."

She said she also was thinking of the officers, Senior Police Officer Elmer "Buddy" Christian, who was killed, and SPO Tony Howard, who was wounded.

Hood stole a car near Epps Bridge Road and led police on a chase to the area around Athens-Ben Epps Airport, where he lost his pursuers, police said. Unsure of where Hood might turn up, Clarke County school officials put schools on lockdown Tuesday, alerted parents to keep their children inside and canceled evening events. Students who could not get home through police roadblocks were taken back to schools to wait.

'Surreal' sight for witnesses | Online Athens

Should he be treated fairly? Of course. Should he be given special treatment, due to the color of his skin? Of course not.

So TamponKotex, where is your evidence that "It was not long afterwards almost every black person decided to defend him, all because of his skin color."

I'm not seeing anyone defending this guy.

In fact, doing a quick google search, it looks like the Justice System is treating him like he's a criminal.

Now, if only they had shown as much due dilligence for George Zimmerman.

Not a liberal. But Id have no problem defending him. I believe that every man has a right to the best defense possible. Sure sometimes the best defense possible is no defense. But everyone has a right to put up their side of what happened.

So TamponKotex, where is your evidence that "It was not long afterwards almost every black person decided to defend him, all because of his skin color."

I'm not seeing anyone defending this guy.

In fact, doing a quick google search, it looks like the Justice System is treating him like he's a criminal.

Now, if only they had shown as much due dilligence for George Zimmerman.

It happened all in the theater of the mind....and because he has to be a victim at least 2 times a day to fill his whine quota

Forum List

Back