Jane Goodall Says to Close down SeaWorld"

So this explains the enjoyment you get from watching those sub-humans burn and loot Baltimore? They're just celebrating their freedom?
fc49cm.jpg

I have to say, for some reason I can't quite put my finger on, those new SeaWorld image repair commercials they are now running are really creepy.

I have to say, for some reason I can't quite put my finger on, those new SeaWorld image repair commercials they are now running are really creepy.
I suppose you'll take the liberal view, regardless. However, the SeaWorld PSAs are telling the truth. The animals are loved and they live just as long as in the wild.

I have always hated seeing wild animals in captivity. I concur with Jane Goodall regarding this issue. Why torture these animals to make a buck?

Jane Goodall SeaWorld should be closed down - Apr. 28 2015

There are two sides to the coin. Those who work with these animals on a daily basis do not agree that they are either 'tortured' or unduly stressed. Yes all of us who love freedom would like all wild creatures to be unrestricted and free, but the fact is that on a planet occupied by more than 7 billion people--it has been only about 200 years since Earth population was 1 billion--preserving habitat for wild things is becoming increasingly difficult to do. And given efforts to prevent or cure deadly diseases and increase longevity, etc., some estimate we will add up to 5 billion more people by the end of this century.

What creatures on Earth can possibly survive such an increase in humanity unless we proactively will that they survive? I don't like seeing wild things in captivity either, but I also know that ability to see wonderful creatures up close and personal in zoos, aquariums, and places like Sea World encourages us to learn more about them and increases sympathy, interest, and motive to protect and preserve them.

Last edited:
It is by ancient custom that humans put ferocious animals into bondage....It announces that humans are no longer in fear of these animals and that humans have control...

I suppose you'll take the liberal view, regardless. However, the SeaWorld PSAs are telling the truth. The animals are loved and they live just as long as in the wild.

They get free meals and don't have to worry about becoming a meal.

The animals in SeaWorld are released many times. SeaWorld is only part of a marine animal research center. Some of these animals can no longer live in the wild. They have been injured or are weak.

The animals in SeaWorld are released many times. SeaWorld is only part of a marine animal research center. Some of these animals can no longer live in the wild. They have been injured or are weak.

This is true. Few healthy specimens are now taken out of the wild. But orphans that probably would not survive, rescued animals that have been sick or injured, etc. make up a substantial population of places where we see the animals in captivity. At least those in captivity are well care for and are not mistreated. Those in the wild are indeed free, but they may or may not be well fed, healthy, tormented or hunted for sport, etc.

Sounds like liberal utopia.

I am against zoos and mammals in aquariums. There was a day when that was all man could see of wild creatures but that day has passed. With the amazing cinematography and quality of video these days I'd much rather see animals in their natural habitat, being natural and closer and more educating than any zoo could ever provide.

I always dislike Seaworld and circuses where people get off watching animals do stupid human tricks. It's an animal, not a toy.

I am against zoos and mammals in aquariums. There was a day when that was all man could see of wild creatures but that day has passed. With the amazing cinematography and quality of video these days I'd much rather see animals in their natural habitat, being natural and closer and more educating than any zoo could ever provide.

I always dislike Seaworld and circuses where people get off watching animals do stupid human tricks. It's an animal, not a toy.

This is a subject where you make some good points. I could take or leave the place. I'm just not really sure they are abused if healthy and well fed.

This is a subject where you make some good points. I could take or leave the place. I'm just not really sure they are abused if healthy and well fed.
How would you like to live in a well taken care of enclosure? Orcas are very smart, they know their lives suck, their dorsal fins don't even stand up for long.

I agree with Goodall. Those giant whales swimming around in that enclosure must cause them terrible problems.

OK, we close down Sea World, assuming that we can get Jane Goodall to swim and to jump through hoops in a pool, two times a day.

If they are injured and weak let them die naturally. Living apart from their families is not a good thing. Did you know the Orcas have a language of their own that is specific to their family? For them living in a pen that is a billion times smaller than their natural habitat would be like you being confined to house arrest for the rest of your life.

Forum List

Back