Jason Collins Coverage vs Benghazi

Who the fuck is Jason Collins?

I thought the media pap smear of the week was "Jodi Arias". I can't keep up.

I had to look up Jason Collins, which is 0.37 seconds of my life I'll never get back.

Well this is why I cancelled my TV service-- what's to miss?

This is the way commercial media works-- sex and drama and conflict and scandal sell. Murder trials having zero to do with 99.999% of the population sell. Missing white girls sell. A pop star found dead in his mansion sells.

A contrived snoring-on-and-on political theater hearing about whether an attack from last year was organized or spontaneous.... does not. It's a snoozer. Find me a missing white girl in Benghazi who just got outed as gay and may have murdered a pop star, and I'll give you a full week news window. Probably a month.

What exactly do you expect from a news media that's based not on what the news is but on how many eyeballs it can draw to the screen?

I had to look up Jason Collins, which is 0.37 seconds of my life I'll never get back.

Well this is why I cancelled my TV service-- what's to miss?

This is the way commercial media works-- sex and drama and conflict and scandal sell. Murder trials having zero to do with 99.999% of the population sell. Missing white girls sell. A pop star found dead in his mansion sells.

A contrived snoring-on-and-on political theater hearing about whether an attack from last year was organized or spontaneous.... does not. It's a snoozer. Find me a missing white girl in Benghazi who just got outed as gay and may have murdered a pop star, and I'll give you a full week news window. Probably a month.What exactly do you expect from a news media that's based not on what the news is but on how many eyeballs it can draw to the screen?

You just nailed it.

This is the NINTH Benghazi hearing

How long do Republicans expect to get headline news?

If one of the people at Benghazi were gay the Democrat media would have been all over this story.

I've talked on Facebook to one of the former SEALs friends and I get a sneaking suspicion at least one of them was Gay.

The point is the White House doesn't want anyone to cover events at Benghazi because they knew they fucked up royally.

Hmm, good point.

Not such a good point, Ambassador Stevens was gay.

Are you serious?

It's been so well publicized, I thought every one knew. There are dozens of mentions about it.

Stevens was taken to a hospital run by Ansar as-Sharia, the same terrorists who perpetuated the attack in the first place. If he wasn't dead by then, he assuredly wasn't getting out of that hospital alive.

Testimony: Ambassador Stevens Taken to Hospital Run by Terrorists Who Attacked Benghazi Consulate - Katie Pavlich

Forum List

Back