Jesse James and the poor widow.

RWNJ

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2015
Back in the Wild West Days, there was a widow with eight children. She was poor and running behind on her mortgage. She owed 1400 dollars when she got a message from the bank that their hired gun...err collections agent...was on the way to collect what she owed, in a few days. Shortly afterwards, there was someone pounding on her door. She answered it and was shocked to see the notorious outlaw Jesse James. He tells her that he needs to use her home to hide out for a while. The poor widow was afraid for the lives of herself and her eight children. When James politely asked why there wasn't much to eat, she tells him about her sad situation. To her amazement, he pulls out a wad of cash and gives her 1500 dollars. More than enough to pay for her home. He leaves the next day, but not before informing the widow to make sure to get a receipt when she pays for her home. The next day, the collections agent arrives and is shocked when the widow pays in cash. she insists on getting a receipt, which the man gives her, then leaves. Then the widow sees something amazing in front of her home. Jesse James is there, and he is robbing the guy who just collected the money from the widow. It just goes to show that even evil men can have compassion. He didn't have to tell her to get a receipt. But he cared enough about a poor widow to do so. This doesn't make him a good man. But it was, without question, an act of compassion.

I don't know if that's anywhere near true but it's a great story. Especially for the binary-bots who can't think beyond a "good and evil" dichotomy.

Fatter o' mact a "criminal" saved my life -- stopped my bleeding and got me to hospital at risk to himself, as he was a fugitive.

What was his crime? Never found out and never cared.

Forum List

Back